Philips PowerPro FC8477/91

Philips PowerPro FC8477/91

Dr.

Dr.Queensland, 4215

Demo model still working strong

During a Godfreys sale was on search for another brand that sold out. Was shown this model but there was only the display model left. That was nearly 2 years ago. This lil' machine is still running as good as new. The 1800 Watt motor out performs the replaced 2400 Watt Hoover. Have only replaced a filter once in the time since then. Just tap the filter lightly after emptying the canister. Generous power cable makes maneuvering simple. Very pleased.

Cons - Plastics and attachments aren't as premium as they could be
Filters not as widely available in retail stores

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Philips S.Philips

Hi there, it's great to hear that this little fellow is still up and kicking. Thank you for your positive review.

The Philips Australia Team

Powerful but only lasted a year

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Paploo

PaplooCork

Worst Hoover ever

When I initially purchased this Hoover it was fine but after a very short period of time, the suction became non-existent, we cleaner the filter as instructed and it was a little better but rapidly deteriorated and cleaning the filter again did not remedy the problem we went back to the shop and received a replacement and again that was fine for a few weeks but again there is no suction and we have a clean filter and empty Hoover, very disappointing.I am going to have buy a new Hoover agin, never never never will I buy Phillips!

See all Philips PowerPro Compact Bagless reviews

Brian Nasked

Hi, is it possible to vacuum while holding the vacuum cleaner with one hand using the dust tray handle, without it falling apart? I need to vacuum on top of some clothes cabinets. Thanks!

Philips S.Philips

Yes! As long as you don't press the 'eject'-button at the end of the tank whilst doing so you should be fine. :)

Brian N

Thank you! It worked without a hitch.

Roory

Rooryasked

hello
I lose the cover of my vacuum where I can buy it?

Hi Roory,

Thanks for shooting us a message! For spare parts we'd recommend to get in touch with a local team. If you're situated in Australia, you could find us on 1300 363 391. Otherwise it might be best to find us over here: http://philips.com/support/.

We are rooting for you in your journey to find a new cover for your PowerPro!

Dolores Kelly

Dolores Kellyasked

where is suction power regulator?

Edward
Edward

Dolores , there is no suction regulator on the Philips vac model FC 8472 ( and similar models FC 8470 - FC 8477 ) The slide on the hose near where you hold it only opens and closes for whatever reason I do not know , but , in doing so ( opening ) it does reduce suction . Hope this helps ... Edward , Gawler SA

Hi Dolores,
Good question! As Edward mentioned above, the regulator is usually located on the hose handle. You can use the sliding button to regulate the suction power.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Download manual