Philips Airfryer XL

Philips Airfryer XL (page 2 of 16)

HD9240/30 (White) and HD9240/90 (Black)

Use it every day

I have been using it everyday for just over a year and it is a versatile, sturdy and useful kitchen equipment. I hardly ever use any oil with it, and it still works perfectly with various food items. It is especially handy if you have children - I have used it to cook chicken nuggets, vege strips, dumplings, steak, and the list goes on. I strongly recommend you to get a double layer to utilise the space within the basket. Cleaning is a bit of a bummer and it can be hectic to clean the bottom part of the fryer, but it is worth the trouble! Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Viv, We appreciate the effort of sharing this with us. This is very valuable information for our development team. Thanks again and we wish you all the best with your Airfryer. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Absolutely fantastic

Very satisfied, this is my second Philips airfryer. Upgraded from smaller version, still use both. Cook chicken, chips, reheat, cakes, brownies frozen foods. Most things have tried are very successful. Love, love, love it. They both sit on my bench and are my go to cooking appliance every day. They are brilliant.

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Hi Val, Thanks for your feedback, We're delighted the Airfryer has been working so well for you. Happy cooking! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

I love it.

The outcome of this is between fried and baked, but it doesn't need a single drop of oil and only takes ~30min for wings and fries. The size is perfect for 1-2 people.Baked sweet potatoes with this fryer take only for 30 mins . usually it takes for an hour in oven. Very practical to use and easy clean with washmashine.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi there, Isabel. It's great to hear you've found such a good use for the Airfryer. Aren't those sweet potatoes great? Thanks for sharing your review. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Love the air fryer

I cannot believe it took me this long to get an air fryer. I rarely use my oven now. The best part, no need to preheat and clean up is so simple and quick. My family loves it!Love the air fryer. So nice to have a healthy great tasting meal in such short time & not heat up the kitchen doing so!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi there, Lachlan. Thank you for sharing this awesome review with us. We're so happy to hear the Airfryer is the perfect appliance for you. Happy frying. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Works wonders

Initially I was not a big fan of any airfyer. I friend suggested and we decided to give it a now. It's now a every day use gadget for us. Can believe how much oil all these processed food contains. No need to add any further oil. Food taste almost the same.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hello Ramit, thanks for your positive review here. We are glad to know that you like our AirFryer now that you have been using it in your everyday life. Please know that you can always reach out to us if you have any questions regarding the use or anything else. Our team would love to help you further. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

LOVE IT!

Literally love this thing to death! We can't tell the difference with most foods bar things like hot chips when they've been airfried. The chips the only difference is that they're not dripping in oil and you'd think they'd been oven baked...Everything tastes exactly the same as deep fried but has 50% less fat to it!

We've used our airfryer almost every day for 2 yrs now and it's not missed a beat. Its even cooked roast porks to perfection! We really love it and highly recommend it to families and singles. We are a couple and can cook a whole packet of maccains beer battered fries in it easily.
It also cooks mini quiches in darriole(sp?) molds really well too. As well as things with puff pastry. It get the pasty well cooked and fluffy all over unlike our coil oven which will burn the bottom but leave food raw on top.

Cooks crumbed fish (from a box), spring rolls, and dim sims to perfection as well.. We love that we can just press the star and it goes for the amount of time we've set as a favourite. Seems to work for everything.

The only downside is that i'm scared to put the plastic handled baskety bit into the dishwasher, because, being plastic i'm not sure how long i'd last. But that's really just nitpicking lol. We don't need to clean it very often as nothing really sticks to it anyway and the steel catcher that holds the dripped oil is heavy duty and comes out perfectly brand new clean after a go through the dishwasher.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Thanks for your review, Hethr. It's wonderful to read that you've become such a fan of the AirFryer, so much so that you've been become quite the expert in cooking with the device! As for the basket, don't worry: this is dishwasher proof. We hope you'll enjoy your AirFryer for a long time to come! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Teamoh fantastic thanks so much!

Great, multipurpose cooking appliance

Despite what you might think with the title "airfryer", this is actually a great little cooking appliance for basically anything you'd cook in your oven.

Cooks food much faster, but very thorough so it isn't just cooking the outside while leaving the inside still cold. Great lower fat option for chips and great for baking vegetables and the like.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi there Daniel, Thank you for sharing this valuable feedback with us. We're happy to hear you're enjoying your Airfryer so much. Happy frying! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Great Product

I loved this product having bought a smaller one 3 years ago, last year I got the XL one and it works great. although I have to say it makes a some what of a noise when its on but nothing annoying overall. would defiantly recommend it to those whom love healthy eating as this product sucks out the fat when cooking.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hey there, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences here. Cool to see you've upgraded your Airfryer as well! :) We're happy to hear you've been able to cook healthy and tasty dishes thanks to your Airfryer. Happy frying! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Cant live without it!

I love my air frier! At first, I thought "I don't need anymore kitchen appliances" but after staying at my parents and using theirs. I realised that I could live without it! No more waiting for ovens to preheat! Fantastic when you have kids and you need chicken nuggets cooked now!

Pros:
- Fast and convenient!!
- Stylish
- SIze is appropriate for 2 people
- Very easy to use

Cons
- Takes up a large portion of the kitchen bench
- Smokes with fatty food, from what I have heard from people with other brands, Philips XL is a bit notorious for this. So much so, that it will set off the fire alarm if I don't put the exhaust fan on. Even when I am cooking frozen nuggets.
- Hard to clean. Both the element and the basket.
- Not quite big enough to cook cakes or a roast. If I had my time again, I would have purchased the XXL.

Completely recommend getting an air frier and the bigger the better. You will use it more than you think!

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Thanks for taking your time to write this elaborate review and we're glad to hear you love ❤️ our Airfryer! :) About the smoke, we advise you to follow this link to prevent this from happening. https://www.philips.com.au/c-f/XC000012902/white-smoke-comes-out-of-my-philips-airfryer For more info on how to clean the Airfryer we advise you to follow this link: https://www.philips.com.au/c-f/XC000012903/how-to-clean-the-insideheating-element-of-my-philips-airfryer Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great Air Fryer

The price is a bit expensive but it is still ok as the quality is quite good, it air fry food very nicely, especially with chicken wings and fried fish, it makes life easier when you want to cook a meal
It’s like an oven actually but it’s more convenient cuz it is more convenient to take food in and out

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi there, Thanks for sharing your review about the Airfryer here. We appreciate you've taken the time to do this, and we value your feedback. We're happy to hear the Airfryer is making your life easier. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

philips air fryer

I have found my Philips air fryer fantastic. pork belly is delicious & crackle is the best. l also love to cook my salmon in the air fryer & chips are to die for. The grand kids love the chicken nuggets . Steak is also delicious cooked this way. Enjoy

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Joyce, Thanks for your review. We're actually getting pretty hungry here at the office, reading about all the tasty dishes you've prepared with the help of the Airfryer. :) We can imagine your grand kids love the nuggets! :) We appreciate you've taken the time to share this here, and we wish you and your family all the best! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

The best airfryer!

I purchased this Phillips air fryer a year ago and I have been using it nearly everyday. Super easy to cook and keep it clean!!! I love it!
I normally cook chips, fish, steak etc perfectly crispy with very small amount of oil !!!I dont use any oil sometimes but still crispy.
I managed to lose weight and i feel healthy.
It was a bit expensive but its definitely worth it!!!
I highly reccomemd this product.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi there. Wow, great to hear you became a daily user of the Airfryer! It's very good to hear you've been loving it so much, and we appreciate it a lot you took the time to share your thoughts here. :-) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

It is perfect

I am very satisfied with this product. It is very convenient. It is absolutely healthy way of cooking marinated meats and of course vegetables. It is fairly quick and very easy to use. It does not use a lot of electricity due to hot air cooking quickly. I recommend this product to all households.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Great stuff, Gagan! Happy to hear that you're all with us with the new and healthy way of frying. If you ever have any questions, or need our help, don't hesitate to get in touch with us on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ). Happy cooking! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Quick, easy and convenient

So good for cooking lots of different things from frozen chips, pies, to sausages, schnitzel, reheating KFC... With a newborn, don't really have much time to eat so this allows me to cook food fast. Though we have had the smoke alarm go off a few times, find a spot away from it when using.

Purchased in April 2018 at Bing Lee Physical store.

Product is used: Weekly
Ease, speed and good food: these are the things the Airfryer stands for! And being able to reheat KFC? That sounds delicious! Thanks for the kind words, Layne. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Good for lots of things

I have found that an airfryer is good for certain things but not everything.
froze fish, chips, nuggets etc I find its actually better than the deep fryer - not just in terms of being heathier but it tastes better.
Some things though I still find are better fried, but all in all happy

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Kylie, great to hear you're enjoying the low-fat fish, chips, and nuggets! Thanks so much for sharing your view on the AirFryer. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Could be better

This is my second one of these as the first one had an electrical fault so had to take it back but this one so far seems to be working fine. It makes a whirling noise when it is on though. I think it does a decent job of cooking the food although haven't tried to put anything big in it yet. Everything seems to heat/cook evenly.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi James, thanks for leaving your review. Good to hear your new AirFryer seems to be working well. Regarding the noise you mentioned: it's normal that the appliance makes a whirling sound, but this shouldn't be overly loud. That's something to keep in mind. :-) Enjoy your low-fat meals! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Not bad

sometime ,when I just need to cook few food , like several Fried prawn , I don't want to open oven . I think it is a waste of electricity , so I use the airfryer . Easy and Efficient .
It is a good help in my kitchen .

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hey there, Cheryl, thank you for letting us know how much of a help the Airfryer has been for you. We're delighted to hear the Airfryer is a valuable and environmental friendly asset to your kitchen set up. And, those fried prawns sound delicious! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Quick Roast Veggies

We love using our airfryer to do roast vegetables, just toss in a tiny amount of oil and cook for 20 minutes. Pumpkin turns out beautiful carmalised.
The only issue I have with it is that oil/grease bakes onto the cooking drawer and it is quite difficult to keep it spotless clean.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hello Bel, glad to hear you love using your Airfryer. :) About the cleaning, we advise you to follow this link for more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH4AFRKVr9k Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

This is my absolute new favorite thing- so easy to use and great results every time. Great way to make healthier food choices that still feel a bit naughty. Highly recommend if you have the space in your kitchen as you will definitely want to keep it out to use all the time!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi there, Natasha. How amazing to hear the Airfryer is the perfect choice for you. Isn't it amazing to be able to fry healthy food? :) Happy frying! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Reliable rand with good quality

I have ought this air fryer after seeing all advertisement in the TVs alone. I found his is a very useful product and you can use this for almost more than one kilo of chips for an example in I. it is wise to buy the bigger capacity one rather than the small one under the same brand. I do not find any problem with the product itself. It is easy to operate and maintenance as well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Excellent! That's what we like to hear and thanks for sharing. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamHi Tanvir, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're happy to hear you find it easy to use! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

My frier turns itself off after about 6 mins as if it is overheating, I’m cooking at 190, never had a problem before, any ideas anyone? pls.
Hi there, thanks for your question and for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues all of a sudden, though. Of course, that's not supposed to happen so we'd like to recommend you to get in touch with our specialists via 1300 363 391. They will be able to look into it and provide you with assistance. :-) We hope the matter will be resolved shortly! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

how do I attach grill pan as the handle on the main pan is not detachable?
Hello Paul, thank you for reaching out to us here. The grill pan can be used by putting it in the main basket after removing the detachable handle. The grill pan for this model is made separately, so we recommend checking the compatibility of this accessory with your model of AirFryer first. If you would like to know more about this, you can also reach out to our team by phone on the following number: 1300 363 391(Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST). We hope to hear from you soon. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamWell that does not help at all! I asked for help and you say "check compatibility" - you have my model number so you tell me what grill pan suits!Thanks for coming back to us, Paul. Upon having another look at our reply, we do agree that we could've looked into it for you, our apologies. We did check whether the grill pan is compatible with the HD9240/90, and it is not, unfortunately. So we're afraid the accessory cannot be attached to the basket, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Let us know if you have any further questions, we'd be happy to answer them! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Hi my philips airfryet XL has stopped working altogether . Not yet a year old .... on ocasdion it has stopped halfway through cooking but tonight it has completely stopped . It not longer turns on at all ... tried different powerpoints and also waited several hours in case it had somehow overheated . I was only cooking frozen chips and it had only been on for 8 minutes when it cut out . Thoughts ???
Hi there, Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your Philips Airfryer. A device that stops in the middle of cooking is definitely not an ideal experience. We recommend that you take a look at these probable causes, which you can find here: https://www.philips.com.au/c-f/XC000003728/my-philips-airfryer-does-not-switch-on. If you find that these suggestions do not apply to your case, please contact our team on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST). They'd love to look into this for you, and get your Airfryer up and running once again! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Philips Airfryer XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)Philips Airfryer XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)
CategoryAir FryersAir Fryers
Power2,100 W2,100 W
Colour / Finish BlackWhite
Cord Length 0.8 m0.8 m
Dimensions 302 x 314 x 422 mm302 x 314 x 422 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)

Download manual