Philips RQ1250/17

Philips RQ1250/17

blueferrariSydney, NSW

Not a perfect shave

For a shaver that retails for well over $300 you would expect a close shave, however this is not the case. To get a close enough shave you really need to push hard and as a result, you will also get a rash or very sore face. The problem is in the design to start with, as the shaver heads have a very large outside surface area, which means you can't get close enough around your nose or ears etc. The blades are also very ineffective for this reason. I would not recommend this shaver.

blueferrari

I've now been using this shaver for almost a year now and no improvement, event with Philips' recommendations. In my view the shaver is ineffective and a flawed design.

Philips S.Philips

I miss the Sensotouch 3D head ?

I'm very disappointed by Philips that stopped producing shaving head sensotouch 3d. They were the best they never made. Quality, silence and rapidity. It was time for me to change the 3d sensotouch head after 4 years of usage and Phillips provide me 9000 series head as replacement. It is very bad on all aspect. Lost on quality, lost regarding the noise, lost regarding the time to shave. I hope Philips will react because I will not put 200 euro on a new 9000 series to get this result when I will need to replace the body of my shave.

Philips S.Philips

This is the worst shaver I've ever purchased

This shaver is of very poor quality, I've replaced the body under warranty and purchased a new head and the unit stops through out the shave. I'm now stuck with 2 head units that stop throughout the shave. What a bad design

crack44

crack44Italy

can be improved

The problem i encounter is the spillover and scattering of small beard particle around and the top side of the removable heads. These particles are even flying around while breathing and being inhaled...a solution should be there at least in the coming models.

S. Jackson

S. JacksonBrisbane

Bad Battery

It's been a little over a year since I've purchased this shaver. I've only used it a couple of time but all of a sudden it won't charge. I have no idea what's going on and the customer service reps online are no help either. Quite frustrating.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there. Have you tried calling our colleagues? You can reach them at 1300 363 391, option 1. They may be able to help out, and it would help if you had the receipt!

DarPerth

Very poor replacement heads

The original head lasted nearly 18 months.
I have gone through 3 new design replacement heads in the last 6 months at $90 each.
Try another brand, Philips is very poor quality.
I have spoken to someone from Breville, they informed me Philips have been advised of the poor quality of the replacement heads but no action from Philips.
(The 1 rating was the lowest I could give)

Dar

I have already spoken to someone From Breville representing Philips and they were no help at all.

Paul

PaulWantirna

Same problem !!

Plastic retaining clip keeps coming off one of the blades and no matter how often I use the supplied 'tool' to fix in place, it keeps coming off, Very disappointed as I only had this shaver for two months. Apart from the clip, the shaver works ok both dry and with foam which was a surprise to me as I come from a blade background. Hope I don't have continued problems and need to replace the shaving head which seems to be tha major issue when reading other reviews.

Philips S.Philips

Rubbish charging and cleaning system

Owned Shaver for two months when the first charger failed. Replaced free of charge then two weeks later the second unit failed. Replaced again and charged this time. Shaver is below average in its performance and now the cleaning system has stopped. Rubbish over priced product. Heading back to Braun.

Philips S.Philips

Hello Steve, sorry to hear that the product didn't meet up to your expectations and thanks for your valuable feedback. If you ever want to discuss the issue further, please call us on 1300 363 391.

2d series is a serious design and functional catastrophy. steer well clear

rob kidd
rob kidd
Gibbo

GibboBlue Mountains

Great then Phillips changed the shaver head

NicoleMelbourne

Great...then it just died!

I bought my other half a RQ1250 for Christmas the year before last and he loved it. It has worked well until recently when it just shut down - no lights, no charge - completely dead! I would expect that from a cheaper option but it's ridiculous to pay hundreds on something that doesn't last! Not happy.

Philips S.Philips

Dear Nicole, If you could email us your contact details (philips.product.review@philips.com) we’d like to get in touch and see if we can help.

LesSydney

Great Shaver - then they changed it!!

Bought the RQ1250 about 18 months ago. The best shaver of any brand I've tried. My first Philips was in 1967!! Decided I may need new blades so I bought some. Guess what? they changed the design of the blades. My 18 month old blades shave better than the brand new redesigned ones. Contacted Philips and all they had to say was that my comments were unusual. That's it - no other comment or offer to assist (as I had asked them to).

I've gone back to my old blades until they quit then I'm buying any brand of shaver as I believe replacement b lades cost more that a new shaver. Thanks Philips, you've lost another customer.

Les

Bought a new set of the old design blades from Harvey Norman - last set in captivity. Will be using my RQ1250 for another two years.

Philips S.Philips

Thank you for your kind words! We're very glad to hear that you like our shaver. We'd also like to thank you for this valuable feedback, because these kind of notes are very important for us.

Les

Hopefully Philips will dump the redesigned blades before my old design replacement wears out otherwise I'll be buying an alternate to Philips. BTW, kind words?

Philips RQ1250 won't charge

Similar to the last poster. i am on my second unit and this one has gone bad also. I put it on the Jet clean and no lights come on. The same thing happens with the portable charger. it did this intermittently but now it has stopped working formed. Waste of money!

MikeDsilvaAU

Third time lucky perhaps?

I have the Sensotouch 3d RQ1250. This is my second unit.
The first one was great.. good shaving. good shave time etc.. until one day it decided not to charge anymore.
I bought another from the local Good Guys... again, worked perfectly.. until today about 12months later i think.
It won't take a charge and wont start up.
This is pretty disappointing.. Can't wait to see if phillips acknowledge a problem... I am assuming the internal battery has died or dropped a cell and hence is no longer operational...

Philips S.Philips

Hi Mike, thank you for your review. This is not supposed to happen, and we would like to discuss further with you. Could you please call 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ)? Kind regards, Philips Australia

Philips S.Philips

That's good to hear Mike, we are happy to help you! Enjoy your new shaver!

AmaruSydney

2 dead shavers in less than 3.5 years!

Bought this shaver thinking I was buying a premium product considering the premium price.
First unit died just before the 2 year warranty expired. Philips replaced the unit under warranty.
Less than 2 years later the replacement unit died. Philips refused to replace as they said the warranty is based on the purchase date of the originally purchased unit! I tried to get Philips to show some compassion to a customer and eventually they told me to send my dead unit in for evaluation. They duly evaluated it as dead but refused to replace. The only thing would offer is for me to buy another unit at a reduced price. In summary, premium priced product of terrible quality with terrible support.

Philips S.Philips

Dear Amaru, Can you please email us (philips.product.review@philips.com) your contact details? We’d like to get in touch and see if we can help.

Phil6096Highett

Do NOT buy one..!!

I liked this shaver when I bought it until I found out Philips do not wish you to replace the battery when it is tired or worn out. It states the battery must be removed and then the unit thrown out. Big mistake Philips...Big mistake. My last Philips Razor has lasted over 30 years.

I should have not bought this razor. Philips have made a mistake and so did I.. You are purchasing a 'throw away' unit
Easy, portable and great to use
Cant change battery. After market batteries are inferior and apparently do not suit the charging system

Mpltm86
Mpltm86

I agree with above, dies without warning, thenyou are left with an expensive piece of junk.

Philips S.Philips

Waste of money, does NOT do the job any better than mid-bottom of the range shavers

Waste of money, terrible product, quicker cleaner and cheaper to use a disposable blade.

Find I have to touch up so many areas and ends up losing the convenience. The washer requires Philips-only liquid which is costly considering you need 1 bottle a month with regular shaves. Heads need replacing after 12 months of use and cost is close to a 1/4 of the unit (every year??). Beard trimmer pulls hairs or gets caught if you have week old growth. probably similar to the wife's epilady (so I can imagine)

Prefer a good quality disposable (Mach3 turbo atm)
Washing function, portable charger
EXPENSIVE $$$$ (UP FRONT AND ONGOING), Does NOT do a good enough job for cost

rayhev

rayhev

Works sometimes but in the past 12 months I have had 3 replacements.

The shaver does not give a better shave than my old Philips cordless shaver. I have had 3 replacements in 12 months. They all just stopped working for no apparent reason. At least my older model does allow using 240v power direct into the unit. The RQ1250 does not have this function and is totally reliant on the charger stand to charge. I am now waiting on the 3rd shaver to be repaired or replaced?
Very unreliable. I have gone through 3 in 12 months. Just stops for no apparent reason
Just stops

KoolinglassP

KoolinglassPAU

Beware of the SenorTouch shaver head!!!

Believe or not, the shaver head is not covered by warranty. This is the one with the three rotating heads. It has the blades, cutter and the leaf springs which are all what a shaver is all about. The rest is the battery and switches. The leaf springs on my unit broke after 4 months and I had to get a new one. Philips has no warranty on this. The second one broke after 9 months. I was told the head needs to be replaced every 12 months. It is like buying a new shaver each time. No more Sensor touch for me.
Does a good shave
Expensive and too costly to maintain & no warranty on the head

James Smith
James Smith

nice to hear the truth :)

Stevo1948

Stevo1948AU

An electric shave as good as a blade shave

See all Philips Series 9000 SensoTouch reviews