Philips S9111/12

Philips S9111/12

MPN: S9111

Marko

MarkoSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best shaver so far and great customer service

I have purchased this shaver a little more than a year ago. It shaves very close and doesn't cause any irritation. Wet or dry shaving - irrespectable. I tend not to shave as often during weekends and holidays so sometimes it has to battle up to 5 day old beard. Still I feel that it does the job exceptionally well. Battery life is enough to get me through two weeks (I shave every other day).

Now the best part - customer service. My cleaning station have started to leak. I have reached out to customer service and they have offered to sent new one. Have received it and it works perfectly.
Very happy customer overal. This is my third Phillips shaver and I will remain loyal customer.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Marko, thanks so much for sharing your experiences with the shaver here. It's great to hear you've been happy with both the performance of the shaver and our Customer Care team!

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

JNodar

JNodarSpring Farm NSW 2570

So Far So Good

Bought the Philips 9111-12 electric shaver (discontinued model) at a reasonable price and was hoping it would not be a dud. well, to my surprise, this little guy does a great job for my short but stubbornly strong beard. The charge is really fast. It sits well in my hand and it is easily transferred from left to right hand for easy shaving. Cleaning is a breeze. For me, (might be different for others) wet seems to work better (I use a foam). Only con - it has no stand, so I let it dry after I clean it with water and after it is dry I place it in my drawer. Overall, if it lasts the 2-year warranty or more I got more than my monies worth.

Philips S.Philips

Starts out good but cuts poorly after time

I got my Phillips 9000 for Christmas 2017. My first electric shaver. It cut great for a few months but now after only 6 months it is a struggle to get a close shave.

Moe

The unit is new (Christmas 2017) and I have not removed the blades and I have cleaned it in the cleaning unit. The blades appear to be dull after only 6 months use. The cost to replace the blades $80 would buy me a lot of disposable razors.

Horrible!!!!

Who ever designed this shaver should be fired! The head constantly pops off! I ended up getting my money back . Bought a different brand. DO NOT BUY THIS MODEL TYPE

Philips shaver

Great shavers which I got for Christmas and I was pleasantly surprised as it give me a nice close shave with ease, easy to handle, clean and charges up pretty quick.

Disappointed.

Have always used Philips shavers but this one is terrible. Have tried wet shaving, using foam and dry but it takes approx. 10 mins to get decent shave. The shaver now screeches while in use. Less than 1 year old. Will use different maker next time.

Philips S.Philips

Expensive blades last only a few months

The blades last only a few months and then they are blunt. Shaving takes ages and the result is poor. Replacement blades work well for a short while. They are quite expensive.

I can't recommend this shaver. I'm wondering which shaver I will buy next.

FabianPeel, WA

The newest heads rq 12+ are an absolute failure

JohnBrisbane

Poor quality blades

I have used Philips rotary shavers for about 40 years. In more recent years and several different Philips shavers, I have found that the blades are blunt in 3 to 6 months. At $90 per set [some were $120 ] it has become an expensive exercise so I must look around for a brand that will provide a more reasonable cost base. My assumption is that the quality of metal used in production has deteriorated over the years. Even though I shave as advised by Philips, never have blades lasted 2 years but 30 years ago they would go close - NOT NOW.

jon Onley

jon OnleyDonald

Worst razor ever.

I've been a completely satisfied Phillips customer for 40 years up until this razor. It worked reasonably well for about 3 months now it takes for ever to shave as the blades now seem to be blunt. Obviously this is a major fault with the razor as pointed out by many others in subsequent reviews.

Halseyperth

Rapidly Deteriorating Quality of Shave

Halsey

Thanks Mr Phillips Official for not reading the bit in the paragraph above about going easy with the platitudes. It is reassuring to know that i wasn't wrong in my assessment of Phillips care factor i.e. exactly zero.

See all Philips Series 9000 SensoTouch reviews