Philips S9371/12

Philips S9371/12

Sam12AU

Expensive replacement shaver heads.

The Philips 9000 shaver gives a reasonably close and quick shave. Cleaning is easy. The shaver heads last 1 – 2 years and then need replacement (otherwise, the blunt shaver heads give a poor shave). The replacement shaver heads are ridiculously expensive, currently costing $89.95 per set. You can get a entry-level Philips shaver for this price. This is price gouging at its worst. The manufacturing cost is probably a few dollars. Would recommend looking at cost of replacement blades when considering your new shaver purchase.

Sam12

The price of consumables (e.g. new blades) is a serious consideration for many buyers when considering the purchase of a new shaver. I will certainly be looking into this with my next electric shaver purchase.

Absolute Garbage

The shaving head pops off in the middle of a shave. You will spend more time hunting for the head than shaving. This happens because you have to really press it into the skin to get anything like a close shave. It takes 20 minutes to shave because the heads just bend the whiskers down. Do not waste your money.

John G

John GBrisbane

Update to disappointing

I contacted Philips and it was suggested that I clean the blades etc with soapy water, dry, apply blade spray and then run the shaver for 15 mins which should be done every 6 months. Seems to have worked. Not perfect but pretty good. My new rating will apply if this continues to work.

Good Shave

After a lifetime using old cut throats, I have decided to move to the 20th century and bought an electric razor. Whilst it doesn't cut as closely as a blade it does a surprisingly good job and is very convenient. I do get a slight burning sensation but whether this is the shaver or the users problem is debatable. A good choice for a daily shave keeping the old cut throat for when a better shave is necessary.

Roger HNelson New Zealand

Poor Shave

If you have time to waste you might get a half reasonable but painful shave. Purchased March 2015 and now in August 2015 I need to replace it. Not exactly a satisfied customer. Was ok to start but cutters have been tearing at the hair for some time and I have now resorted to my old shaver with 2 year old head which is far smoother.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Roger, that's not what we like to hear. Have you made sure that you were shaving with circular movements?
Also, shave while you skin and you hair both are dry. We hope these tips will help out!

Philips S9371

Bought this recently. It does not give a good shave at all. I was a very big fan of Philips and loved my RQ1250 till it broke.
Would not touch the 9000 series. Did send the consumer desk my comments - never got any response

Philips S.Philips

Hello Jon, sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve experienced. Can you contact us on philips.product.review@philips.com along with your contact details, we’d like to get in touch and see if we can help you.

jon

I have sent my contact details. I Look very forward to being contacted.

Philips S.Philips

Hello Jon, we've received your details and forwarded them to our relevant colleagues. We'll be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

See all Philips Series 9000 SensoTouch reviews