Philips Series 9000 SensoTouch

Philips Series 9000 SensoTouch (page 2 of 6)

S9211/12, S9531/26, S9711/41, SP9860/13, RQ1250/17 and 10 more

IanLondon

Overall a retrograde step

Judith_Hall

Judith_Hall

Phillips 9000 series shaver - excellent buy

Visited Shaver Shop Indooroopilly early December this model was on an introductory special and well priced. https://www.shavershop.com.au/philips/9000-series-s9211%2F12-electric-shaver-009777.html. Husband is very delighted with this shaver. It is extremely quiet. I mean almost silent. Amazing. The arrangement of the heads is much more flexible and face hugging than earlier shavers he experienced and he is getting a very good close shave with it, and it's lightweight in the hand. Have been back to Shaver Shop to thank the man for the recommendation.

Philips S.Philips

Thank you for sharing your review, Judith! We're very glad to see that your husband enjoys his 9000 series shaver, and hope that he'll be continuing to do so for a long time to come! :)

michaelCairns

rubbish razor

I have had this razor for about 12 months and do not use it as it never has shave well. I have been using a disposable but will go back to an electric razor but it will not be a Phillips. Not only did it not shave well the plastic locks for the blades kept popping out. AN EXPENSIVE RAZOR THAT DOESN'T DO THE JOB.

michael

That comment doesn’t help me

jon

jon

Welcome back

i posted a comment on my last Philips 9000 on 27 Feb 2015. Philips customer service were excellent and arranged a full refund. I replaced the Philips with a Panasonic. Yesterday I bought a Philips S9551. So far I am absolutely delighted to be back with the Philips. There was nothing wrong with the Panasonic. It just didn't do it for me.

Jan K

Jan Kgrovedale

Great shaver

Purchased 2 months ago and am finding this shaver very light to use and cuts very well.It is super quiet and easy to clean.Can be used with shaving gel which gives very close shave.Unit comes with separate trimmer which also cuts well. Maintains charge very well and lasts a full week without recharge easily.

Philips shaver

Great shavers which I got for Christmas and I was pleasantly surprised as it give me a nice close shave with ease, easy to handle, clean and charges up pretty quick.

Gick

GickPerth, WA

Disappointed with quality

This being my first time electronic shaver my wife went a little higher end........ Wow it took some practice but I got it, but less than 12 months later the head is dead, doesn't cut close or sometimes at all and the plastic orange clips on the back to hold the blades on are all broken. It's not well made and for philips I expected alot more ad far as quality components and design. I think she paid over $300 at the shaver shop but I reckon they get a kick back because no one seems to have much luck with their shaver here

Absolute Garbage

The shaving head pops off in the middle of a shave. You will spend more time hunting for the head than shaving. This happens because you have to really press it into the skin to get anything like a close shave. It takes 20 minutes to shave because the heads just bend the whiskers down. Do not waste your money.

Disappointed.

Have always used Philips shavers but this one is terrible. Have tried wet shaving, using foam and dry but it takes approx. 10 mins to get decent shave. The shaver now screeches while in use. Less than 1 year old. Will use different maker next time.

jojo

jojoPerth

Shaver good, 2nd jet stream cleaner broken

Jim sz

Jim szSydney

Philips has gone down jill.

As a Philips customer for over 30 years my old philips shaver became dated so I upgraded about two years ago. Initially it cut well but within 12 months I noticed I wouldn't get the same close shave. The blades are now poor quality and wear out much quicker that then old traditional shavers. Even though the units are marked Made in Netherlands, I wonder where they blades are now made. Dont expect the same good quality product that once Philips stood for.

DavidRowville

Started out great

I have used different philishave models all my life on first using my 9000 was amazing quick and close then slowly got worse had it replaced at Shaver shop now the same very poor cut ant takes forever very disappointed.

Philips S.Philips

Expensive blades last only a few months

The blades last only a few months and then they are blunt. Shaving takes ages and the result is poor. Replacement blades work well for a short while. They are quite expensive.

I can't recommend this shaver. I'm wondering which shaver I will buy next.

MabelSunshine Coast

Previous Phillips razors great. What has happened with the Series 9000?

I have owned several Phillips razors over the past 20 years and have always had a good shave with them. Also the blades lasted well. I am extremely disappointed with my new Series 9000, it gives me a very poor shave, to the point where my wife will ask me " have you shaved yet" just after I have used the razor. Not what I expected from a trusted brand.

Mabel

My email is Volvobryan@gmail.com and my phone number is [number removed]. I look forward to hearing from you.

Mabel

Received a comment from Phillips representative only saying " thank you for contributing". Very disappointing response as this was a very expensive shaver.

kevdevonport

Disappointed - poor R&D before releasing new heads.

I have used phillips shaver for 16 years with satisfactions; just upgraded with much disappointment - I dont have a heavy beard and the heads last only 3 months to the point it damages the skin.

Rectify quickly to save ur brand!

Thanks,
I have shaved daily all my life. going soft on larger areas is easy; the core test showing lagging blades is around tighter areas i.e top lip, corner of mouth...

Shaver does not clean

My shaver is about 12 months old and suddenly stopped cleaning. After placing the shaver in the cleaning unit and clicking into place, the cleaning light symbol turns on for a split second then turns off and only the charging light remains. No matter what I do the unit no longer cleans but rather simply charges. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

KevWestern Australia, 6170

Not impressed on two counts!!

Firstly I have to fully agree with most of the other reviews, "out of the box the shaver was great, then after 2 months of daily use the blades are blunt", so much for lasting an average of 2 years!!

Secondly, I'm writing a review here as a last resort, as I have contacted the Philips Consumer Care on 2 occasions over the past 2 months with no reply other than the automated "we will be contacting you shortly" reply.

Kev

Thanks for the prompt reply to my review, I've replied to your private message.

FabianPeel, WA

The newest heads rq 12+ are an absolute failure

Discusting! don`t buy this 9000 series

As you can see from the many previous reviews, the blades are absolutely useless on this shaver! Straight out of the box the blades seemed ok, but after only 2 months you may as well rub your face with a scotch brite pad, as these blades don`t work at all and the shaver just gives you a rash. I`m 60 years of age and this is my third Philips, the previous 2 being a quality product which lasted up to 16 years, with blade changes only every 2 - 3 years . As I will not buy another set of blades for this new 9000 series shaver, I have now had to resort to using my old Philips shaver with 3 year old blades, which in fact still work much better than the 2 month old 9000 series blades.

Disappointed
Disappointed

Thank you for your response. I look forward to communicating with you further privately. Please provide me with your private link and or private contact details.

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for coming back to us. We've sent you a private message, which you should be able to reply to. :-) We're awaiting your message!

Andy

Andy

Blades are very poor quality and after sales service is even worse

Klausasked

S9551/31

Hi.
The rinsing phase works fine, but then the drying phase does not start. It goes then to completion. The shaver and cleaning system is new.(S9551/63). What can I do to make it work please?
Regards

Philips S.Philips

Hi Klaus, thanks for sharing your question with us. That shouldn't happen of course. Our product team would gladly take a closer look at it for you. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on: 1300 363 391.

Hi,
Thanks very much for your answer. I will now contact the seller to see if they can replace it.
Thanks again.
Kind Regards

Alex N

Alex Nasked

S9311/27

Someone stole my smartcleaning unit, my shaver the S9000 won’t engage and faucet symbol and two orange indicator arrows with the head symbol in between is there anyway to fix this setting so I can use my razor??

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your question. How unfortunate that someone stole you SmartCleani unit, but maybe we can help you out with this. Could you try to follow the steps on our Philips support website, which can be found here: https://www.philips.com.au/c-f/XC000004469/how-should-i-clean-my-philips-shaver. There are some instructions on how to manually clean your S9000 series shaver. We hope this helps, and you can go back to enjoying that nice freshly shaven feeling soon. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Gazza

Gazzaasked

S9211/12

I’m after a cleaning manual for my new shaver. Any help? Thanks Gary gardiner.

Hi Gazza,

Thanks for your question! You could find some instructions on how to properly maintain your shaver over here: https://philips.to/2SdmOwg. Please note that you don't have to disassemble the shaver head after every use. We'd recommend doing that once every week if you're shaving daily. :)

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Philips S9211/12

Philips S9311/27

Philips RQ1250/17

Philips RQ1250/17

2.1
CategoryMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric Shavers
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateMay 2011May 2011May 2011May 2011May 2011May 2011May 2011May 2011May 2011May 2011May 2011

Visit official website - Download manual