Philips Series 9000 SensoTouch

Philips Series 9000 SensoTouch (page 2 of 6)

RQ1250/17, S9711/41, S9111/12, etc...

2.0

• Causes Irritation Yes (3) · No (9)
  • Caused Razor BurnYes (3) · No (9)
  • Battery Life
  • Shave Closeness
  • Wet Shave
  • Dry Shave

Juz

Worse razor i have ever used

I have used a cheaper phillips razor which cost me around $65. After many faithfull years of great service and pretty good shaves I decided to spead up on a top of the range model razor again from Phillips. A Pillips 9000. The sales person assured me it was a great shaver with multipull cutting angles. So because i was so happy with my old razor, a cheaper Phillips i spent the $300 odd dollars on this razor whick was on special. Worse thing i ever done hardly cuts a nights grow of my face no matter how long i shave for. I'll never buy another phillips again. And you my say did i give it a fair chance. Well is a year and a half a long enough chace. Thumbs down to this crappy Phillips 9000 razor.

Juz

Thanks i will ring customer service, and see what they have to say.

Juz

Well i have to say thumbs up to Phillips. They seen i was unsatisfied and customer service helped me sort things out. They sent a new type of blade to try out in my razor. works great now. I love it so much. Thanks guys

Very Very Poor

Purchased shaver 16 months ago and gives a very, very poor shave.
I have been told by the "Shaver Shop" I need a new head @$89.00 and they only last 2 years. Why was I not told this when I purchased the shaver??? Very expensive shaves when you pay over $300 for shaver.
Will no longer purchase Philips or shop at "The Shaver Shop" again.This is the first time I have been so worked up about a product to complain. I have gone back to my old shaver (Philips) I had for 12 years without any problems, just wearing out .... no head or blade change!!!!

Starts out good but cuts poorly after time

I got my Phillips 9000 for Christmas 2017. My first electric shaver. It cut great for a few months but now after only 6 months it is a struggle to get a close shave.

Moe

The unit is new (Christmas 2017) and I have not removed the blades and I have cleaned it in the cleaning unit. The blades appear to be dull after only 6 months use. The cost to replace the blades $80 would buy me a lot of disposable razors.

Men's Electric Shavers

Find out how Philips Series 9000 SensoTouch compares to other Men's Electric Shavers

GlennSyd

GlennSydSydney, NSW

Good close shave and quiet operation

Horrible!!!!

Who ever designed this shaver should be fired! The head constantly pops off! I ended up getting my money back . Bought a different brand. DO NOT BUY THIS MODEL TYPE

Worst electric razor I've owned. Gone back to a manual razor after 30 years

My 13 years old Philips with worn out blades is better than this

IanLondon

Overall a retrograde step

Judith_Hall

Judith_Hall

Phillips 9000 series shaver - excellent buy

Visited Shaver Shop Indooroopilly early December this model was on an introductory special and well priced. https://www.shavershop.com.au/philips/9000-series-s9211%2F12-electric-shaver-009777.html. Husband is very delighted with this shaver. It is extremely quiet. I mean almost silent. Amazing. The arrangement of the heads is much more flexible and face hugging than earlier shavers he experienced and he is getting a very good close shave with it, and it's lightweight in the hand. Have been back to Shaver Shop to thank the man for the recommendation.

Philips S.Philips

Thank you for sharing your review, Judith! We're very glad to see that your husband enjoys his 9000 series shaver, and hope that he'll be continuing to do so for a long time to come! :)

michaelFar North Queensland, QLD

rubbish razor

I have had this razor for about 12 months and do not use it as it never has shave well. I have been using a disposable but will go back to an electric razor but it will not be a Phillips. Not only did it not shave well the plastic locks for the blades kept popping out. AN EXPENSIVE RAZOR THAT DOESN'T DO THE JOB.

michael

That comment doesn’t help me

jon

jon

Welcome back

i posted a comment on my last Philips 9000 on 27 Feb 2015. Philips customer service were excellent and arranged a full refund. I replaced the Philips with a Panasonic. Yesterday I bought a Philips S9551. So far I am absolutely delighted to be back with the Philips. There was nothing wrong with the Panasonic. It just didn't do it for me.

Jan K

Jan KSouthwest, VIC

Great shaver

Purchased 2 months ago and am finding this shaver very light to use and cuts very well.It is super quiet and easy to clean.Can be used with shaving gel which gives very close shave.Unit comes with separate trimmer which also cuts well. Maintains charge very well and lasts a full week without recharge easily.

Philips shaver

Great shavers which I got for Christmas and I was pleasantly surprised as it give me a nice close shave with ease, easy to handle, clean and charges up pretty quick.

Gick

GickPerth, WA

Disappointed with quality

This being my first time electronic shaver my wife went a little higher end........ Wow it took some practice but I got it, but less than 12 months later the head is dead, doesn't cut close or sometimes at all and the plastic orange clips on the back to hold the blades on are all broken. It's not well made and for philips I expected alot more ad far as quality components and design. I think she paid over $300 at the shaver shop but I reckon they get a kick back because no one seems to have much luck with their shaver here

Absolute Garbage

The shaving head pops off in the middle of a shave. You will spend more time hunting for the head than shaving. This happens because you have to really press it into the skin to get anything like a close shave. It takes 20 minutes to shave because the heads just bend the whiskers down. Do not waste your money.

Disappointed.

Have always used Philips shavers but this one is terrible. Have tried wet shaving, using foam and dry but it takes approx. 10 mins to get decent shave. The shaver now screeches while in use. Less than 1 year old. Will use different maker next time.

jojo

jojoPerth

Shaver good, 2nd jet stream cleaner broken

Jim sz

Jim szSydney

Philips has gone down jill.

As a Philips customer for over 30 years my old philips shaver became dated so I upgraded about two years ago. Initially it cut well but within 12 months I noticed I wouldn't get the same close shave. The blades are now poor quality and wear out much quicker that then old traditional shavers. Even though the units are marked Made in Netherlands, I wonder where they blades are now made. Dont expect the same good quality product that once Philips stood for.

DavidRowville

Started out great

I have used different philishave models all my life on first using my 9000 was amazing quick and close then slowly got worse had it replaced at Shaver shop now the same very poor cut ant takes forever very disappointed.

Philips S.Philips

Expensive blades last only a few months

The blades last only a few months and then they are blunt. Shaving takes ages and the result is poor. Replacement blades work well for a short while. They are quite expensive.

I can't recommend this shaver. I'm wondering which shaver I will buy next.

See all Philips Series 9000 SensoTouch reviews

Stefanasked

Series 9000 SensoTouch

I just purchased your product. After a few weeks this is what happened.

Stefan

The shaver fell apart. I can't post photos

Philips S.Philips

Hi Stefan, thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear that your shaver stopped working this quickly. For assistance, feel free to contact our product team via 1300 363 391 (Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST). Our colleagues will gladly assist you!

Franco D.

Franco D.asked

Series 9000 SensoTouch

Hi. My Philips Smartclean system charges the shaver but after a few minutes it beeps continually. I changed the liquid and unplugged it but it still does the same thing. The result is the shaver is only partially charged after 3 hours of beeping. Please help.

Hi Franco,

Thanks for flagging this here. That doesn't sound quite right, and we'd like to have a closer look into this for you. We recommend reaching out to us directly on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) for Australia and 0800 658 224 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm) for New Zealand.

Looking forward to hearing from you. :)

Justin K.

Justin K.asked

Series 9000 SensoTouch

I.v just bought my phillips 9000 series shaver. The cleaner isn't switching on. I see at the back of the cleaning device there is a space for a power adapter but this wasn't included in the box. Shouldn't i have got this in the box?

Danga
Danga

Honestly, I don’t think my next shaver will be anything other than a cheap one as a mate bought one off eBay and it works better than my pricey Philips.

Jed51
Jed51

The power cord should have been included but keep in mind that only one cord comes with the purchase. It fits both the cleaner and the shaver.

Philips S.Philips

Hi, Justin. Thanks for your message. We're sorry to hear that you've issue with your shaver. We can imagine how inconvenient this must be for you as the cleaner isn't switching on. Could you please reach out to us on Facebook/Twitter, so we can have a look for you. You can also reach us directly at: AU 1300 363 391 or NZ 0800 658 224. We look forward to your response.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives