Love this product

This is the first time I ever bought an electric toothbrush and I love it. This toothbrush has been recommended to me by my husband. The toothbrush gives an effective clean. It charges easily and when charged it lasts for about 14 days.

Purchased in February 2019 at Better Braces for $79.00.

Hi Rola, Thank you for reviewing the Sonicare Plaque Defence toothbrush. We're happy to hear that you're so keen on the device. Your husband has good taste in toothbrushes as well, we might add. ;) Happy brushing! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great

It’s easier to access the back teeth than the other toothbrush and this is the reason i think my teeth becomes much cleaner after using it.
Although there’s only 1 mode but i think that’s already enough.

Hi there Audrey, Thanks for taking the time to write this review! We always love hearing the experiences from our consumer, so it's great to hear you're enjoying the Sonicare and you see clear results from using it. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

New cleaning experience

The toothbrush is very good, the first time I use the electric toothbrush, I feel the tooth brush is very clean.
The vibration is also acceptable.
I chose this toothbrush through my friend's recommendation. It is fully charged and used for a long time.

Hi there. We're delighted to hear you've chosen a Sonicare as your first electric toothbrush. It's great to hear you've noticed the clean sensation after brushing, and we appreciate it you took the time to mention it here. :-) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Protect my teeth

The first time to buy electric toothbrush, compared to traditional toothbrush, electric toothbrush has a lot of advantages, vibration intensity feel more energetic, especially when the power is more adequate, brushing brush is relatively clean, the overall feeling is very good, the only disadvantage is that battery life is not very good, if the endurance of more durable more perfect.

Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to write down your experience with the Sonicare. We're delighted to hear you've chosen one of our toothbrushes as you first electric toothbrush, and we hope it continues to live up to your expectations. With a full charge, you should be able to use the toothbrush for 2 weeks until it runs out, based on a full cycle twice a day. Important is to fully charge your toothbrush when you first start using it for 24 hours. A full charge will also take up to 24 hours. We hope that clears things up and prolongs the battery life of your toothbrush! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Dose slightly better clean than a tooth brush

The Philips electric tooth brush feels good in your hands when using it unlike other brands I've used that would vibrate heaps or feel uncomfortable but as all the others I haven't seen a huge difference cleaning with the electric over manually cleaning my teeth. It dose shorten time. It's easy to use just turn the push button on and use!

Hi there, Nick, Thanks for your feedback. It's good to read you enjoy your Sonicare. We're glad that you find it comfortable to use. We appreciate your feedback and we wish you all the best. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Best Electric Toothbrush I have ever owned

I have been using Braun Electric Toothbrushes in the past. I decided to purchase a brand new HX6231/01 from Amazon Australia. Wow, it's just like a normal Toothbrush on steroids, but much more. It certainly gives you a fantastic clean. It's a great investment at such a small price. My whole mouth and teeth just feel so clean and I can't wait to go to the Dentist again to see how much plaque build up is on my teeth. Battery life is awesome, Brilliant cleaning and long Battery life. it's a no Brainer - Highly Recommended.

Hi there, Thanks so much for sharing your positive feedback about the Sonicare on here! It's much appreciate you took the time to write down your experience, and it's great to hear one of our Sonicares has been making such a difference in your dental hygiene routine. Happy brushing! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Try this one & you won't wanna use anything else....

I've had this toothbrush for about 2 years now & I love it. I've had other brands of electronic toothbrushes before but none of them compare to this one. The brush gives the most effective clean, the timer function is great, it charges easily & the charge lasts me around 2 weeks. The pros of this brush make it a really good investment & this is the first toothbrush that I've owned that I really love.

Hi there. Thank you for leaving your positive feedback here for us. We are glad to hear that your toothbrush's battery, brushing and timer effects work so well for you. If you have any questions in the future, feel free to reach out to us. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team

Teeth have never felt cleaner

After using this toothbrush, I could never go back to manually brushing my teeth. They look and feel so clean. I love the simplicity and the ease of use too.

Hey there, Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the Sonicare here with us. It's great to hear your brush has become an indispensable member of your dental care family. :) We strive for a fresh and clean mouth, so we're delighted to hear this. Many thanks again and all the best for now. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great

Great electric toothbrush. Has a really good battery life and it flashes when you need to charge and then charges very quickly. Have had for 8 months and no issues. Was able to get some replacement toothbrush heads online in bulk which weren’t too expensive.

Hey there, Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're very grateful you've taken the time to do so, and we're happy to hear you seem to be loving your Sonicare. Nothing beats a happy and healthy smile, if you ask us.:) Take care and all the best! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

This is brilliant.

It's quick easy and fuss free.
I don't think I can ever go back to the manual way of brushing!
It's a quick 2 min cycle and within a week of using you do feel that your teeth have been to a dentist class clean!

Hi Sue, thank you for writing your review. Great to hear you are pleased with your Sonicare. Happy brushing! :-) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

I love my sonicare

My teeth and mouth feel so clean after using my Sonicare. It’s still going strong after several years, I just need to replace the heads. I highly recommend this product

YES! Super glad to hear you love our Plaque Defence so much, KP1972. :) Have a nice weekend. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Long Battery Life

Does and excellent job of cleaning. It is a toothbrush and that's what they all do. What I like most about the tooth brush is the battery life. I can travel for a week or two without having to bring a charger.

Hi Kord, Thanks for taking some time to say a couple of words on your experience with our Plaque Defence Sonicare. :) We're glad to hear you're fond of it! If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

We like it but why are the brush heads such a high price?

We bought 2 of these from Harvey Norman. $119 each. We buy our brush heads on eBay direct from China for about $4 each. We bought a 3 pack for $35 at Harvey's. That's just too high. The eBay ones feel slightly different and for the price they are excellent value. We've had several electric toothbrushes and this is fine. Recharging is all good.

AWESOME toothbrush

I too, am an avid user of this product. Recently, my older model battery died after a few years of use and I wnet and bought a Colgate OMRON which was useless, so I went back to the Philips Sonicare (3 series)
I can't speak highly enough of this toothbrush! Just to say,it's awesome!

Hi Paulgo, Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We're more than happy to hear that Sonicare does the job so well for you. We always love to see positive feedback like this! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

It stopped working

This product did work well to clean my teeth but suddenly stopped working...it's completely dead now, it doesn't even try to turn on anymore. It doesn't seem to take a charge. I don't know what happened, it wasn't dropped or submerged or anything. Sad considering the cost and that I've only been using it about a year!

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with your Sonicare, especially since it was cleaning your teeth well. We've had a look for you and you could try to charge the handle for 24 hours straight, as it will reset the battery. If that doesn't work you can also try holding the power button for five seconds, as that will reset the handle itself. If that also doesn't work, you can get in touch with our product specialists via: 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 1300 363 391 (New Zealand). We hope this helps. :-) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Second purchase of a great product

The Sonicare makes your teeth feel like they've just been cleaned by a dentist. No manual toothbrush has ever done this before, so we purchased another one for the second bathroom. Battery lasts around two weeks before needing a recharge. Highly recommended.

Hi there, Thanks for the kind words, that's what we would like to hear. :) Welcome to Team Sonicare! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Recommended by family members

After using oral b for over a decade finally switched to Philips by family members that highly recommended their electric toothbrush with their overall performace. Looking forward to continue using this brand.

We're very glad to hear this and thanks for sharing Kitty! :)

Sonicare Plaque Defence Brush

Great product and is my second brush after my last brush needed replacing after five years.
Good features with the battery indicator letting you know when to re charge saving electricity.

Hey there, thank you for your short but valuable review. We appreciate you taking the time to write down your experiences and we're very happy to hear you enjoy your Sonicare that much. Happy brushing! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great pruduct quality for the price!

I have been doing my research to improve my dental health, and findings are that its all about the brushing that cleans the teeth and not the toothpaste, it turns out toothpaste are just cosmetics and that it is all about the brushing technique. The better the technique the better the clean.
Philips Sonicare Plaque Defence is the best option for me, it met all my expectation the way it cleans leaves a smooth feeling in my teeth. I highly recommend this product and any philips tooth brushes.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review Mark, appreciate it :). Happy to read that our product is the best option for you. Kind regards, the Philips Australia team.im still waiting for my 3 free brush headsHey Mark, that's odd! Could you please contact us at 1300 363 391? Our team will be happy to look into this for you. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Excellent Product

Can't fault excellent to use. Recommend to anyone looking to change for Oral B or one of the other toothbrushes available on the market. Charge lasts a lot longer too and over all it is excellent value for money.

Thank you for these positive words about our Sonicare, Alan. It is much appreciated. Kind regards, The Philips Australian Team