Philips Steam & Go GC362/80

Philips Steam & Go GC362/80 (page 2 of 2)

MPN: GC362/80

• Safety
  • Preheating Speed
  • Portability
Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

A rumpled clothing renovator…but not an iron.

Taf

TafHunter Region, NSW

The Steam&Go was fast & effective, I was surprised.

D.Ablett

D.AblettGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great for ironing on the run

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, we are happy that you are so pleased with the Steam & Go. Good to hear you find it useful! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us, and for your kind words.

Garment Steamers

Find out how Philips Steam & Go GC362/80 compares to other Garment Steamers

hostie42

hostie42AU

Does what it claims to do, but doesn't replace an iron

Philips S.Philips

Hey there, thank you so much for taking the time to write down your experiences. We appreciate you sharing your honest opinion. Your feedback is a great help for us improve our products in the future.

The Philips Australia team

duesseldorf67

duesseldorf67Sydney, NSW

Not as effective as I was hoping

My wife hates ironing with a passion but she does lots of it whilst watching her favourite tv shows. She was excited when I gave her the steam& go but this soon turned to disappointment. She noticed that the steam was not very powerful so she had to go over the area a number of times to get the item ironed out. The water tank is so small, she had to refill twice to complete a top, very annoying to have such limited supply of water reserves in the tank. We were anticipating a steam gun that would power through the garments but it was not faster than using our iron. It would probably be handy to take along when travelling and one needs to steam items that can’t be ironed.....but that’s about it.

APPerth, WA

Great for business shirts in the morning - an ideal gift idea.

BaxtersinNorthern Region, NSW

Do yourself a favour and buy an iron.

Baxtersin

I just read the review below from Jorgejio. Yep, I think if you are a clever quilter or use it on velvet (or other really un-ironable fabrics) the device would work for you in that niche.

Jorgejio

Jorgejio

Handy for a quilter; excellent for an office-worker

(Packaging: [Jorgejio reports]: the lack of Styrofoam and the presence of environmentally friendly disposal advice appreciated.)
“The Quilter” (not Jorgejio) Reports:
The steamer did everything I asked of it. The awkward areas of shirts were a breeze, and it worked beautifully on heavily embroidered panels. I tried using it on velvet, which I would never iron, and was impressed with the result.
My only complaint is that the glove has no grip, so some fabrics are hard to keep taut.
If I were still working in an office every day, I think I’d prefer the larger steamer with a stand that had a vertical board and a hook to hang the clothes on; but: for my purposes (quilting and the occasional spruce-up) the compact version is all I need.

Hello Jorgejio,
thank you for sharing a few words with us on your experience with our Steam&Go. We're glad to hear that you find it easy to use and are happy with the results.Thanks for your feedback!

jpcntti

jpcnttiVictoria, 3770

Not really sure how to rate this one...

Garment Steamers

Find out how Philips Steam & Go GC362/80 compares to other Garment Steamers

DBO

DBOSouth East Queensland, QLD

Powered by Steam

See all Philips Steam & Go GC362/80 reviews

Bonnie

Bonnie asked

My steam and go handheld iron steam started to drip hot water when in use. I have been using ironing water all along and it was performing really well until now. I have left it long enough to heat up. I have checked water tank installed correctly. Hot water squirts out and drips out. Most importantly, all garments are wet from the hot water squirts out! Please let me know how to fix it. Thanks.

Kazza

Kazzaasked

How do you get brush off?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Kazza, you should be able to gently pull it off the steamer. If you have any difficulty doing that, please feel free to reach our product team directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Kind Regards

Anthony M.

Anthony M.asked

How do you de scale model GC362 steam and go?

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. You can clean the Philips Steam&Go by rinsing the water tank to remove any deposits. If there is anything left, make sure to wipe them off with a cloth with a non-abrasive cleaning detergent. If this doesn't help, we'd like to refer you to our product team for more information. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

With an average 3.6-star rating and several reviewers commenting on its small water tank and limited steaming power, the Philips Steam & Go can best be summarised by one review entitled ‘OK but has its limitations.’

Points of praise about the Philips Steam & Go:

• It can be used both vertically and horizontally on clothes, which helps to get into difficult areas
  • Does well with steaming lightweight and synthetic fabrics, but not so well with thicker clothes, for example those made from 100% cotton

Pain points with this garment steamer:

• Many reviewers found the small water tank frustrating, as it often required re-filling in the middle of a steaming session
  • Took a considerable amount of time to reach full capacity and remove wrinkles from clothes. Over time (for example one year) the level of steam generated also often reduced
  • Reviewers commented that they still needed or preferred their traditional iron, especially for larger items of clothing.
CategoryGarment Steamers