Philips Ultra-Thin HD4992/72

Philips Ultra-Thin HD4992/72

MPN: HD4992-72

3.1

greg WilliamsMid North Coast, NSW

Well all good for about 12 months then disaster appeared.

As above all good for 6 months then slowly starts to malfunction going from on to off then 2seconds back on then off again but duration becomes more and more. hard to notice initially then becomes obvious . Used on average 3 times a week being a pensioner this will take aa while to replace.Using my old toasted sandwich maker to cook on these days.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bing Lee for $199.00.

greg Williams

Yea will riong today as cooker is useless

DrMMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't buy this so many problems

Purchased in October 2017 at Myer Retail Stores for $199.00.

Lucy

LucyMelbourne

Disappointing

Date PurchasedJune 2017
    Induction Cooktops

Find out how Philips Ultra-Thin HD4992/72 compares to other Induction Cooktops

KW Chan

KW ChanSydney, NSW

Slimmest induction cooker in the market

Received this philips induction cooker as a house warming gift and impressed.
    It's very slim and comes with a carry pouch, as cool as a laptop.
    Couldn't figure out how to use the preset timer function as yet. The rest of the functions are easy to pick up and intuitive.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
    ftmix1

ftmix1Geelong

Great product

Hi bought this product and all i can say is it is brilliant.love how fast it works and ease of use.Also love the slide control and the presets and it's so well made.Looks great as well.It's a bit pricey but as i said it's well made I love this product so giving it a five star

Date PurchasedApr 2017

wanted-66AU

Very useful, works well

Date PurchasedMar 2017
    Philips S.Philips

We're glad to hear you like the product and thanks for sharing the valuable feedback! :)

Kind regards,

Need new chiller

Need new chillerPerth, WA

All the features of an induction plus safety and good looks!

After extensive research on portable inuduction cookers, I decided to get a brand name cooker with as many features as possible. Built ins cost thousands. This one costs just over $200. Plus a little more for extended warranty - 4 years peace of mind :)
    I read many reviews but am happy with this one because the buttons are straight forward - complete with auto functions and a manual. Quiet, slim and easy to maintain. Of course induction means fast, controlled simmer and high power for frying. so far so good. And I cook a lot!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Alanasked

I am trying to understand how this more expensive model works. I have one of the cheaper Philips portable units already. This, like others, and unlike built-in cooktops, cycles on and off when on low settings. This is a big problem, as is the lack of a power setting below 100 watts. Does this 'premium' model actually have a continuously variable output at low settings, and can it run at below 100 watts average when on a low setting? If not, how can the higher price be justified?

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the question. We'd like to take a closer look at this, so could we ask you to give us a call at 1300 363 391 or message us on Facebook or Twitter (@PhilipsCare)? Our colleagues would be happy to look into this and see what can be done. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Alan

OK I will ring you in the next few days

DrMasked

Was convinced to buy the higher quality ultra thin top of the portable range which was a waste of money. If these things are meant to be disposable after a year, which I doubt, they are way over priced. While the induction worked for some things like boiling water I too experienced the same issues that other people had with it switching off mid cook which was very annoying when cooking steaks and low heat just pulsed on and off which was annoying and inefficient. After a year of use one evening I noticed the heat was really missing when cooking a steak even though the settings were normal making it very underdone. Then the next day it wouldn't even turn on. It's useless and expensive didn't last much beyond a year. I've used induction tops for a several years with none of these problems this definitely is the worst I've used. I would like a refund.... I posted this as a private message to Phillips and they said they would contact me but nothing has happened. Poor product poor after sales service. Don't Buy this induction hob from Phillips

Hema

Hemaasked

My Philips induction cooktop single 4929 has been in use for the past two years. But it’s working is not predictable. Many times it does not switch after powering . Sometimes if I put it out in the sun and heat it , it works! Probably water getting into the display from my steam cooker. What should I do? Bought cooker in India

FragTamer

Hi. You could be right regarding liquids finding their way in, as is part of the issue with fast boil-overs from a unit that is over-powered for purpose, and little control over that even at lowest setting.

Phillips will tell you to take it to an authorized service center, where you'll get slugged more than what the unit is worth.

I'd fix it myself, and reseal the glass top, but chances are the damage internally may require parts, and quite frankly, particularly after my experience, you're better off cutting the cord off it whilst not plugged in of course, and disgard the unit in the trash where it belongs, and always has from new. Phillips cares little for this unit being as it is, and no revision has been made apparent. They continue to sell them as is.

I lost cofidence in Phillips as a company with poor efforts in resolutions, and no rectification on dangerous issues, just empty words of assurance. They just keep churning them out. You got sucked in unfortunately. Money well spent? Are you happy with your purchase? I returned mine promptly. It baffles me why everyone else holds onto them after experiencing these units out of the box.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Hema, thank you for reaching out. We regret hearing that you're experiencing some issues with your Induction cooker. It would be great if you could give our product specialists a call at 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand), so they can look into this further. We're hoping to hear from you and we wish you a very nice week.

Kind regards,

See all Philips Ultra-Thin HD4992/72 questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategoryInduction Cooktops