pHisohex Anti-Bacterial Wash

pHisohex Anti-Bacterial Wash

See the Best Acne Treatments in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for pHisohex? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Tackles moderate to severe acne

• Combats acne-causing bacteria

Cons

• May irritate sensitive skin

• Uses Triclosan

rottingbugs
rottingbugsSouth East Queensland, QLD

It works, kind of.

To be clear- I have somewhat sensitive skin. pHisohex helps; yet it almost gave me a chemical burn. My skin dried up , reddened and cracked around creases of my eyes, the corners of my mouth and the sides of my nostrils. It does it's job.

Purchased in June 2021 for $9.97.

cherubbabies
cherubbabiesIllawarra, NSW

TERRIBLE

I have a daughter that suffers from pimples and this item was recommended from Priceline staff for her to use it, it made her pimples on her forehead much worse. Instead of clearing them up they multiplied by heaps. It is a very drying product and needs so much moisturiser to get your skin back to normal.
I would not recommend it.

Purchased in March 2021 at Priceline for $5.10.

Durshi
DurshiSydney, NSW

Not much changed

I have backne and chestne (pimples on back and chest) , I do competitive swimming and thanks to that I have a lot of pimples and scars. I was recommended this product and apparently it could be used as a body wash, I tried it and it was all soapy but when I rinsed it off and tried scrubbing nothing looked or felt any different. I've been using it for around 3-5 weeks and nothings changed, seriously disappointing

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

MMM38
MMM38Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The only thing that has worked

I’ve always had pimples. I’m 45. I got this for my son who is going through puberty. I tried it one day and the next day for the first time ever, not one new pimple! Unreal. I have combination tending to dry skin and this does not dry my skin at all.

Purchased at Priceline for $10.00.

Mum of Four
Mum of Four

For when you need the big guns

Purchased in October 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

I looooveee the sting!!!

I Struggled for 2 years using different products. Using this has cleared a lot of problems overnight in conjunction with the blackhead extractor tool. The sting is killing the bacteria.

Purchased in December 2019 at Priceline for $10.00.

Maya Rose
Maya RoseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrid

Right after using I could tell that something wasn't right as my face had started stinging and heating up. It's been about 10 mins and even after I put moisturiser on my face is still bright red. I feel as if my face is on fire.

Would not recommend.

Skin TypeSensitive Skin

Beauty is pain I guess...?

I just tried this product for the first time 25 minutes ago.. and my gawwwwd does it hurt like hell! Feels like a jellyfish stung me all over the face.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths for $10.00.

Ella
EllaSouth West, WA

Effective and Consistent!

Purchased in September 2018 at Priceline for $9.99.

Mara. BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing product! completely changed my skin

Phisohex really is a game changer. I had searched for so long for a facial wash that would clear my acne. the amount of money spent on so many different brands in order to clear my mind acne was getting ridiculous. I came across this and truth be told, within a day and a half of using it my inflamed pimples were noticeably disappearing, and have stayed away since. Only advice I would give for using this product is to moisturize after use even if you do have oily skin like myself. This may not work on everyone, but clearly my root cause of acne was bacteria so this was the perfect treatment.

Sirenasydney

just made things worse

I'm a teenager and suffer with severe acne and i did notice a bit of a difference at the beginning but after several months my acne got worse rather than better. This may be due to me being a teen but i do not recommend this for teens with severe acne.

love it

it got rid of my acne two weeks after using it i would recommend this to all my friends its amazing my skin is so soft after using this product

Gill
GillPerth

50 years of blackheads and pimples

I have used this product every summer for years when i sweat a lot and get bacteria causing out breaks. I only use it more than once a day when the temperatures get over 38C ( I live in Perth WA ) It is for oily skin so does its job very well.

great

been using this product for 30yrs its the best. cleans kills infections and it definalely works. makes your skin feel clean too. i would reckonmend this product for all ages. good for body infections too

Other Acne Treatments

Cleared up all my pimples!

Ever since I've started using phisohex, my skin has been clearing up amazingly! I have quite a lot of pimples on my forehead and it's been slowly getting better. My skin is at it's best since like 2 years! I don't have sensitive skin so phisohex didn't sting or burn it at all. It does dry out your skin so make sure you put moisturizer on afterward.
I've tried so many face washes and this has been absolutely the best! It has great value for money! I picked it up for only $10 at Priceline.
I would not recommend this to people who have sensitive and naturally dry skin.

Read more reviews - page 2

Brooke S.
Brooke S.asked

why does my face go red and stings when I use this cream it never use to do it but now it does

Mara. B

This could quite likely be the fact that your skin has started to become sensitive due to certain things, or you are leaving the wash on for too long. Some things you could do are use the product less often or leave it on for a shorter amount of time. Make sure to also be gentle if using the wash or other exfoliants on your skin.

Jahrome A.
Jahrome A.asked

When do u stop putting in on your face

Hana A.
Hana A.asked

does this product help acne if you have sensitive skin?

Sirena

to a certain extent, my skin is quite sensitive and oily and this product irritated my skin even more and caused me to break out so I don't recommend it for anyone with sensitive skin or suffers from hormonal acne.

(hope this helps :))

See all pHisohex Anti-Bacterial Wash questions

Features:

pHisohex is both an antibacterial wash and a skin cleanser that aids in the treatment of acne and pimples by removing dirt and oil from blocked pores.

It uses triclosan - an ingredient scientifically-proven to combat the two main types of bacteria associated with acne and pimples. Because it's also pH-balanced, it won't dry out your skin.

What reviewers thought:

The majority of users found that with continued use, their acne improved. It is recommended to use a moisturiser after this product.

Some reviewers have noted a tingling or burning sensation whilst using this product, which means it may not be suitable for those with sensitive skin.

CategoryAcne Treatments