pHisohex Anti-Bacterial Wash

pHisohex Anti-Bacterial Wash

See the Best Acne Treatments in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for pHisohex? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

Tackles moderate to severe acne
Combats acne-causing bacteria

Cons

May irritate sensitive skin
Uses Triclosan

Best medicated wash

This facial cleanser has been fantastic for clearing my skin’s acne and breakouts. I have very oily skin and this helps combat it. I patch tested it on the inner crook of my elbow to ensure I was not sensitive to it, however if I wash too vigorously or apply the wash after using an exfoliant or facial wash cloth, it does burn slightly. Do not use on broken or already irritated skin, the wash still works if not using daily. Use in conjunction to cleaning pillow cases and make up utensils frequently, this has definitely given me clear skin with frequent use.

Purchased in .

BexieB
BexieBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Really effective!

I got this after noticing it in Priceline, initially for my fella’s clogged back pores. Within a week or so his skin was noticeably less inflamed and lacking all the usual oily spots. I’ve now taken to use it for my skin too. Bottle says face wash but it’s super effective for the whole body (minus sensitive areas), as well as the face.

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse for $19.49.

Bianca D
Bianca DSydney, NSW

This product is perfect for body odour!

Purchased in for $10.

rottingbugs
rottingbugsSouth East Queensland, QLD

It works, kind of.

To be clear- I have somewhat sensitive skin. pHisohex helps; yet it almost gave me a chemical burn. My skin dried up , reddened and cracked around creases of my eyes, the corners of my mouth and the sides of my nostrils. It does it's job.

Purchased in for $9.97.

cherubbabies
cherubbabiesIllawarra, NSW

TERRIBLE

I have a daughter that suffers from pimples and this item was recommended from Priceline staff for her to use it, it made her pimples on her forehead much worse. Instead of clearing them up they multiplied by heaps. It is a very drying product and needs so much moisturiser to get your skin back to normal.
I would not recommend it.

Purchased in at Priceline for $5.10.

Durshi
DurshiSydney, NSW

Not much changed

I have backne and chestne (pimples on back and chest) , I do competitive swimming and thanks to that I have a lot of pimples and scars. I was recommended this product and apparently it could be used as a body wash, I tried it and it was all soapy but when I rinsed it off and tried scrubbing nothing looked or felt any different. I've been using it for around 3-5 weeks and nothings changed, seriously disappointing

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

MMM38
MMM38Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The only thing that has worked

I’ve always had pimples. I’m 45. I got this for my son who is going through puberty. I tried it one day and the next day for the first time ever, not one new pimple! Unreal. I have combination tending to dry skin and this does not dry my skin at all.

Purchased at Priceline for $10.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
Mum of Four
Mum of Four

For when you need the big guns

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse.

I looooveee the sting!!!

I Struggled for 2 years using different products. Using this has cleared a lot of problems overnight in conjunction with the blackhead extractor tool. The sting is killing the bacteria.

Purchased in at Priceline for $10.

Maya Rose
Maya RoseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrid

Right after using I could tell that something wasn't right as my face had started stinging and heating up. It's been about 10 mins and even after I put moisturiser on my face is still bright red. I feel as if my face is on fire.

Would not recommend.

• Skin TypeSensitive Skin

Beauty is pain I guess...?

I just tried this product for the first time 25 minutes ago.. and my gawwwwd does it hurt like hell! Feels like a jellyfish stung me all over the face.

Purchased in at Woolworths for $10.

Ella
EllaSouth West, WA

Effective and Consistent!

Purchased in at Priceline for $9.99.

Mara. BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing product! completely changed my skin

Phisohex really is a game changer. I had searched for so long for a facial wash that would clear my acne. the amount of money spent on so many different brands in order to clear my mind acne was getting ridiculous. I came across this and truth be told, within a day and a half of using it my inflamed pimples were noticeably disappearing, and have stayed away since. Only advice I would give for using this product is to moisturize after use even if you do have oily skin like myself. This may not work on everyone, but clearly my root cause of acne was bacteria so this was the perfect treatment.

Sirena
Sirenasydney

just made things worse

I'm a teenager and suffer with severe acne and i did notice a bit of a difference at the beginning but after several months my acne got worse rather than better. This may be due to me being a teen but i do not recommend this for teens with severe acne.

love it

it got rid of my acne two weeks after using it i would recommend this to all my friends its amazing my skin is so soft after using this product

patricia w.
patricia w.asked

After using the cleanser i will follow up with cerave hylaronic moisturiser but as soon as the moisturiser touches my skin my face feels like it’s on fire and stinging

Kerryn R.
Kerryn R.asked

Can I use moisturizer after?

Lou
Lou

Yes, the product is really drying so it's recommended to use a moisturiser afterwards.

Brooke S.
Brooke S.asked

why does my face go red and stings when I use this cream it never use to do it but now it does

See all pHisohex Anti-Bacterial Wash questions

Features:

pHisohex is both an antibacterial wash and a skin cleanser that aids in the treatment of acne and pimples by removing dirt and oil from blocked pores.

It uses triclosan - an ingredient scientifically-proven to combat the two main types of bacteria associated with acne and pimples. Because it's also pH-balanced, it won't dry out your skin.

What reviewers thought:

The majority of users found that with continued use, their acne improved. It is recommended to use a moisturiser after this product.

Some reviewers have noted a tingling or burning sensation whilst using this product, which means it may not be suitable for those with sensitive skin.

CategoryAcne Treatments