Photobook Australia

Photobook Australia Questions & Answers (page 4)

Verifiedphotobookaustralia.com.au
Loren K
Loren K

Is it possible to upload a pdf? I created my Photobook using InDesign as I had issues uploading high-resolution images to the online Photobook editor. I am hoping to have the book by Christmas so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi Loren, sorry we missed your question. Unfortunately we can't accept PDF files but if these can be output as 300dpi JPG's, then these can be uploaded and used in our software. Please call us on (03) 9887 6338 if you have any other queries, thank you.

Robyn
Robyn

What is the maximum number of pages you can buy in a 8” x 8” lay flat hardcover book? If you say 150 does that mean 75actual double sided pages? My order has 127 pages showing but when I go to order it says I’ve exceeded my page limit although 150 pages was stated.

Do you have a new app for Photobook as the one I’m using doesn’t seem to have more than 3 editing options. Shuffle, add and delete?

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi Robyn, yes it's 150 pages/sides (75 double sided) for the Layflat books. Not sure how your last page would be 127 as it would always need to be an even numbered page. It sounds like you're using the online editor, I've done a test and have been able to add additional pages to the maximum of 150 pages. Please contact our customer support team on (03) 9887 6338 / (03) 9998 0410 for further troubleshooting, thank you.

Nelly S
Nelly S

I started a new Photobook last night. When I logged into my account tonight, there was no project to be found, although the data stated the last thing saved was last night.

I started the book again tonight, watched as it was being automatically saved,

And yet, again, I have no apparent projects .

I have now spent 6 hours .

I need some assistance please

[email removed]

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi Nelly, sorry to hear you are having issues, please contact our help desk on (03) 9887 6338 / (03) 9998 0410 and one of team members can help you troubleshoot. If you are using the online platform, it could be a cookies issue, thank you.

Yannie L

If I buy a 80 page book and only use 60 pages, do I end up with 20 blank pages or can I delete them out of the book?

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi Yannie, please delete the blank pages from the layout otherwise they will be included together in the book, thank you.

Yannie L

So you are saying that as long as I have no blank pages in my book I should not end up with a random blank page in my book. no matter which photo book I buy?

OjJoey81

Hi Yannie, I bought a 100 page Prepaid voucher at a great discounted price last week. The voucher is for a certain value, in my case to the value of 100 pages. I think I will only use 92 pages in my book. Therefore I only added 52 pages (as the book originally started with 40). I figured I don't have to use all the pages, and as they only print what is uploaded, (as long as you don't leave blank pages in the book,) they wont print them.

Ian
Ian

Can I make a photobook that is printed X 4 and get one delivered to Sydney and one Brisbane AND two to two diffrent UK addresses?

please can you advise me of cost thanks Ian

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi Ian, apologies we missed this. Yes it is possible, please contact our customer service team on (03) 9887 6338 and they will be able to assist you with the process, thank you.

Liz Clarke
Liz Clarke

I am looking for some slip in photo albums around 400 pages, do you have these please?

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi Liz, no sorry we don't sell the slip in photo albums, we print the photos directly onto the paper (coffee table style books). Some examples can be viewed here:

Kaz

I am wondering if all Photobook, Australia are now printed in Malaysia? I seem to remember that they used to be done in Burwood. Have things changed?

Nancye Turner
Nancye Turner

Hi there. This is the first time I have dealt with this company. My product came from Malaysia. I don't know about previous transactions .I know when I phoned help and support it was a Melbourne phone number.

Lis
Lis

I've bought from them over the last 5 years and they have always been from Malaysia. There's another company with a similar name.

Kaz

I have used them for awhile as well but maybe didn't notice. The contact number is still Burwood, Australia so maybe I assumed that was where they were printed. Anyway it has arrived!

Emmy

I though about buying goods on your website but it doesn't have a padlock and it comes up that your site isn't safe as attackers can take your personal information. Only safe sites have a padlock symbol why doesn't your site have one especially when we need to provide credit card information.

Hi Emmy,

In regards to padlocks, I have never seen a padlock symbol on any site I have been on, either Photobook, Paypal or secure large companies, so I can not answer that question. However please note, I didnt supply credit card information at all. Payment is made through the paypal, either registered under your own account or as a visitor. Paypal states "With more than 6 million Australian customers and 188 million worldwide, we’re the more trusted way to pay .". I think it will be quite secure for you!

Emmy

Hi Steffi thanks for your message. Sites that are safe have https. Also I just did a search on Google and PayPal does have a Padlock symbol in the address section just before the https. Maybe because I have Norton security. I will have to check Photobook again. They said it will be fixed. Norton security let's me know if a site has a security certificate and they guarantee the safety of all personal data entered. Even though PayPal is a safe form of payment I still refuse to buy goods on any websites that don't have https or a security issue comes up on my Norton. I also note that a lot of companies use com.au and they are not based in Australia. They pay for com.au because it makes people feel confident and safe if it they think the company is based in Australia. I recently went to some websites with a com.au and they were based in Hong Kong. There is so much competition and so many businesses to choose from so I will just buy elsewhere if my personal data is not guaranteed.

Emmy

Hi Steffi I just checked Photobox and it has a security padlock and https in the address. Plus my Norton account says it is now safe/secure. So it looks all good now.

OjJoey81

Hi Emmy, Why dont you type in https://www.photobookaustralia.com.au? Thats the website I use and according to your explanation above it says its secure with a padlock.

Liza
Liza

i got the error 14-database file not found while upload the order. Can you assist?

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi Liza, sorry we missed this. Please contact our helpline on (03) 9887 6338 if you require assistance, thank you.

Bev

I have nearly finished a dowloaded book - removed the thumbdrive to put in another one - all the photos now say photo missing with a red triangle. I put the usb back in but it hasn't changed. All the photos had been uploaded to the photo bar.....

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi Bev, please insert the USB drive and close the project and restart it, the photos should now appear. As the photos are located on your USB drive, once you remove it, the link between the drive and the software will be broken which will cause the error. For more details, please contact our helpdesk on (03) 9887 6338, thank you.

Bev

On the online version you can look a the photos you have uploaded as thumbnails in a row and then delete any you don't want. Can you do this on the download version? I can only find the sort button but not a view one?

I was told the download version is easier to use but I find it continually y freezes - with message not responding - every few minutes. Having to wait is annoying.

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi Bev, yes it's possible to remove photos that you don't want to use. Right click on the photo along the left hand photo panel section and there will be an option to "remove picture". In regards to the freezing/not responding, the program is reading/writing to the hard drive or could be doing an auto save. If this takes a longer than normal to complete, it could be due to a number of reasons. There could be a lot of photos loaded in or the individual photo sizes are too big (ie. more than 8mb each) or a combination of the two. Also, the computer could be low on memory (not storage space). If you are using Windows, try increasing the virtual memory size, this will help speed up the process. Please contact our help desk on (03 ) 9887 6338 if you require further assistance, thank you.

marg
marg

I have virtually finished my photobook using online photobook designer and found that the designer is very basic and missing a lot of the options that are usually offered or described eg no frames or ruler options. I have now downloaded the better photo book designer software to my pc, which looks a lot more user friendly. Can I now access the online version of my book to continue editing? Or can I access a the better online designer program with my existing project?

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi Marg, unfortunately the offline and online software are not integrated and projects can't be transferred between the two platforms. The online platform was created as a fast option to make a book and the offline Photobook Designer software is a lot more comprehensive although it requires downloading and installing.

Lisa J
Lisa J

Hi, i've downloaded Phonebook on my Mac, however when i install i get the little pop that says 'read me' but the program just won't open and it's not in my applications. I really keen to use this product, why won't it install?

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi Lisa, sorry we missed this. It might be an incomplete download of the DMG installer file, the size should be around 587mb. When you double click on the Photobook Designer.dmg file, it should start the installation process. For more details, please contact our helpline on (03) 9887 6338, thank you.

hi photobook

I live in the uk.

My daughter lives in Melbourne and is 40 in February. I want to use an Australian photo site to produce a memory book she can look at, to remind her of home in Wales. can I use your site to achieve this?

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi Ray, thank you for your enquiry. Yes that is possible if you use our website here: external link

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us via email or live chat, cheers!

bwalker5
bwalker5

Hi,

I'm trying to download the Photobook design software to a Windows 10, 64 bit laptop computer, but so far no result, it gets to the window where I insert my email address for updates and special offers & then stalls. What am I doing wrong please??

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi there, the process should continue unless something is blocking the download which follows right after this step. Usually this would be anti-virus or the browser. You could try a different web browser first. If this doesn't work, please contact our customer service team on (03) 9887 6338 and they'll be able to troubleshoot for you, cheers!

Sandra
Sandra

bwalker5- were you able to resolve this?

I am having the same issues!

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi Sandra, did you try a different web browser to download? We have had a few cases where Internet Explorer was used but this browser has been discontinued by Microsoft and some features won't be working correctly. Also try checking your anti virus to see if the file is blocked? Some anti-virus software might block the download as the installer file is a *.exe file. If both of these suggestions don't work, please contact our customer service team on (03) 9887 6338 and they'll be able to troubleshoot for you, thank you.

Jan W
Jan W

Hi Photobooks Australia

I purchased a voucher that cost $75 for a 100 page photobook. I have not been able to do my planned photobook and the voucher has now expired. I have checked your faq which says that once the expiry date has passed, the voucher cannot be used.

Is there any way i can use my voucher, by paying a little extra or have i lost my money.

My mum told me Photobooks Express allows expired vouchers to be used by paying an extra $10, this sounds reasonable to me. Are you associated with Photobooks Express and is this possible?

Jan Wockner

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi Jan, thank you for your enquiry. That's no problem at all, we don't charge anything to extend vouchers as we're not associated with Photobooks Express. I can see that your voucher has been extended until the 27th of October, if you have any other queries, please feel free to contact our customer service team on (03) 9887 6338. Cheers!

Vimar
Vimar

Dear Photobook, I am trying to organise 2 pillows. Can you please confirm what is the "size for a good quality picture" i have uploaded few pictures and it say low quality picture. Thanks.

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi Vimar, the pillows are 16" x 16" and usually images from social media won't be suitable. If the photos are from a camera, anything above 2-3mb would be okay. If there is a low resolution warning, you can add a background and reduce the size of the image on the pillow so that the photo doesn't cover the whole area. For more details, please contact our customer service team on (03) 9887 6338, thank you.

ozstar
ozstar

If I have a photobook created with your offline program, how is it best for me to take a copy so I can use it as a pdf reader book, as well as the actual photobook printing?

I cannot see any export or way to save it as a pdf.

Is there a way to do this rather than have to create the whole book again in Acrobat etc?

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi Ozstar, when you have the project open, click on File -> Create Proofs. From here you can select JPG or PDF to export your layout, cheers!

Happy
Happy

Hi

I am looking to make a photobook fir my daughter turning 21 and was looking at the A4 size.

- Can I put say 2 to 4 photos in each pages ? What is the difference between the online and offline? I am not very good with computer but would like to have a go at making this book for the first time .

Would you kindly send me a link I can prepare at my own time on my PC before sending to you please. I see there is Promotion can I buy them and do later.?

Thank you so much and looking forward to your reply.

Maria

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi Maria and thank you for your enquiry. We don't restrict the number of photos per page and you can have as many as you like. There are also templates included in the software which range from 1 photo per page to 12 photos per page. A quick guide for the process can be viewed here:

external link

We have prepaid voucher promotions every month and these are great value. Most vouchers generally have 3-6 months validity so you can purchase and redeem once you have completed the project. If you require more details, please feel free to contact our customer service team on (03) 9887 6338.

surfiegal7
surfiegal7

How does this work?

Photobook Australia   DM

Hi there, the easiest way to create a product is to upload your photos to our cloud server. The software is easy to use and there is a wide variety of photo products available (books, canvases, cards, calendars, etc.). A quick guide through the process can be found here:

Get an answer from our members and Photobook Australia representatives