Piaggio Zip 50 2T

Piaggio Zip 50 2T Questions & Answers (page 2 of 3)

Brand Manager for Piaggio? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

43 questions from our users

Adam L.asked

Second questions. Every time when i turn the key to starter. The oil light and 2 t oil light will on. After around 3 seconds will off. When i try to turn on the engine. Sometimes the first times can not success and the oil light will be on again. Need to try more time. Is it normal? Even if i fill the oil, still happen.

Yes it’s normal.

Adam L.asked

Hi i had bought a second hand 2016 zip 2t 50cc scootor 2 weeks before. Today i first time to fill the 2t oil. However it leaked at less five mins.
What happened in this? Thanks.

I like toast

You may have overfilled the tank hence the leak.

Adam L.

Ok thanks. I try to fill less next time.

Mike Greaves
Mike Greavesasked

what is the difference between a Zip 50cc and a Fly 50cc?

I like toast

I don’t own a fly. Sorry

Nayaret I.asked

Hi, I just bought a Piaggio zip 2010, and the petrol light doesn't work (seem to ). It's full of petrol so my question is.. Does the light turn on when petrol is going to run out? or should it turn on when I run the scooter?

I like toast

Hi Nayarit. The light only comes on when you are running out of fuel.

Thanks!!!

Josh76
Josh76asked

Hi I have a new ignition switch but not sure how it works ? Maybe a bit missing,it doesn't seem to click into the plastic button?

Adam
Adamasked

I FIll my fuel and oil to the maximum, will that be in the perfect ratio of fuel/oil for my piaggio zip?

Gary B
Gary Basked

Piaggio zip 50 4s 2006 model, cant get the ignition warning light and fuel light to work on start up. They are suppose to come on for 10s when you turn the key on? Any ideas???

I like toast

Bulb, fuse? Service with the source of purchase or other equally licensed mechanic. It will save you money in the long run.

Tim
Timasked

I filled up the oil, always use full synthetic (motul) however may have put in too much as since then oil has been leaking when the bike has been switched off. Bike starts easily. Is it a matter of just waiting till the level drops down. It's been about a month since refilling it, done about 500km since. Any good advice appreciated.
Tim

I like toast

If you overfill it will leak the extra but the leak should be gone after your first ride. If not there could be a leak in the system

Franko B.
Franko B.asked

Is it normal for Piaggio Zip 50 when battery is dead that warning lights (oil and petrol)
are blinking?

I like toast

Hi Franco I've had a flat battery but didn't notice blinking lights. You could also call a piaggio dealership and ask them. They are the experts.

Juliette P.
Juliette P.

Hi yes it is! When the battery is really dead and the electric start doesn't work anymore, the oil and fuel lights will start flashing constantly. I phoned the dealership where I bought my zip (2017) and am getting my battery replaced tomorrow to fix this.

Stef Casked

I topped up oil but overfilled and I assume the excess dripped from the ? overflow something. Now the oil light is on when ignition is engaged and the moped won't start. Ideas?

I like toast

That's a job for your mechanic. Could be the oil pump.

Cheers.

Rellasked

Hi, I am interested in buying a 50cc Piaggio Zip scooter 2t year 2018. The question is does it have pre mix fuel? Thanks

I like toast

Hi there is a separate tank for Two stroke synthetic oil. Both tanks are accessible under the saddle. One litre of oil lasts many tanks of petrol and there is a warning light to let you know when to refill.

Rell

Ok thank you for that info!

Mennis R
Mennis Rasked

Why doesnt my oil light come on, when turning the key switch it use to light up for 2 to 3 seconds along with the gas light.. the gas light is fine but the oil light stopped coming on.. any suggestions?

I like toast

I would put it in for a service as the oil pump may be dodgy. If so the engine could sieze.

Bradley
Bradleyasked

Do Piaggio zip 2t scooters have chains?

pepsiasked

My friend said her Zip has daytime sidelights that are permanently on. Mine looks like it does but when My husband took the indicator/daylight bulb holder off there was no place for a daytime running bulb. Is this normal because there are different models? Mine looks exactly the same as my friends. It only has the main headlight which is either on or off.

I like toast

Hi I'm not sure about your friends model but mine is a 2016 and only the headlamp is permanently on. The scooter only has a small battery that needs replacing approximately every 18 months to 2 years. Extra permanent sidelights would be a further drain on the battery. It might appear that the sidelights are on but this is probably just light reacting with the reflector surround. Kind regards.

pepsi

That's very helpful thanks. Thought I'd bought a dodgy bike!

Spp
Sppasked

Hi..today my bike piaggio zip 50 2t was suddenly stopped during my ride. When i tried to start it was started but after 100m it was stopped again and then i have filled 2t oil then i was able to ride till my home then i haven't try it..please anyone suggest me what will be the problem in bike. It was just oil problem or something else.?

I like toast

It could be your oil pump. If the low oil lamp wasn't on its best you g ed t a mechanic to check

TREV
TREVasked

On a piaggio zip 50Cc I was told by the person I purchased it off it had a restrictor on or three stages of power but he was unsure which one, anyways I can only get about 40kmph how do I make my scooter faster, it's ok for most roads but no good for dual carriageway, could you advise me best way to turn the power up please & thanks

I like toast

Hi you would have to ask a Piaggio dealer that question. I get 60km plus on mine.

Thon
Thonasked

how can i buy scooter?

Linas A
Linas A

You get your money, go to scooter shop, pay money and get your scooter. Simple as that!

Steveasked

My zip has a rattle at the back is it the chain???

I like toast

I would have any rattling checked out by a mechanic.

ian

I would get it serviced..

Majdi
Majdiasked

Can i drive 120 klm with trephoon piaggio in a day?

ian

yes. Travelling at 60 km per hour speed.,eg 2hrs two travel 120km.

Steveasked

Hey fellas is it normal for the zip 50 2t head lights to be dim on idle and brighten up a bit when given some throttle, high beam is crap so also are there replacement hid or led globes? Cheers

ian

Check the battery is ok, fluid level is ok, and terminals clean, and it is normal the headlight gets brighter as the revs increase, this will be more obvious if the battery is not holding full charge.
cheers,ian

Steve

Thanks Ian, yeah battery and leads are all good and it starts 1St time everytime. I might look at getting a bulb upgrade

Other Scooters