Pickles Auctions

Pickles Auctions Questions & Answers (page 3 of 5)

Listing monitored by Pickles Auctions

87 questions from our users

Singh
Singhasked

I bought a truck from pickles Altona branch online bidding accordingly their description but now I found engine number is completely different when I been to roadworthy I contact them but they said we can change invoice but that’s not the solution because I laid accordingly their description online
Can plz suggest what I can do in this situation??

Richo
Richo

Like any business you deal with... If you feel you been mislead and you've tried to work it out with the business themselves and the soultion isn't satisfactory; take it up with Consumer Affairs.

Rupinder S
Rupinder Sasked

Hi there
Today I accidentally placed a bid in live auction (Melbourne pickles auction). I must have done it while refreshing my browser on my phone. I was not interested in that car and I also can't afford to pay for it.
Is there anyway I can cancel my bid?
Your help will be really appreciated.
Rupinder

Hi Rupinder,

PLEASE CONTACT THE RELEVANT BRANCH URGENTLY!

Assuming the asset was not 'Passed In' or 'Referred' and you won the lot, then any deposit paid may be forfeit pursuant to the terms and conditions of participation.

Joeleen
Joeleenasked

how do i use the toggle for sound?

Vverseasked

Hi
I bought a car today from Belmore Branch, report says car got reverse camera which doesn't exist, that's one of reason I bought this car, what to do now?
Regards
Sagar

Ash
Ash

Bring it to their attention and advise them that the car was not as advertised. They have breached their contract and will either need to compensate you or let you return the car.

They seem to do this often so if they don’t offer to compensate you, I would strongly recommend canceling the sale and returning the car.

If may also help to contact the ACCC for advice before contact them.

Hi Sagar,

Have you spoken with the Belmore branch yet about this issue?

If not, please provide me with the details of your purchase by emailing me at cx@pickles.com.au and I will follow this up for you. Please include as much detail as possible, full name, date of purchase, lot number, sale number, buyer number etc... if you have the invoice please attach it to the email. I will follow this us with the branch and get back to you.

Hi
Appreciate all help, now matter resolved. Pickles accept their liability and organised Reverse Camera installation in the Car on their cost. Thanks

Thangaraj
Thangarajasked

Hello everyone I have issue with the car which I have bought auctions last week. I have received the invoice and stating that it’s a diesel and past 4 days I’m driving it today I dropped the car to mechanic and he said it’s a Petrol car. I have argued with the mechanic and shouted him. Then I realised it’s a Petrol car. So what should I do now? I think they sent the wrong car. But I hope engine number and vin number are same. I did service and rego and spent around 2000$. Totally confused

amore.macabre
amore.macabreasked

Today I apparently won a bid in live auction. I must have done it while refreshing my browser on my phone. On a car I wasn't even meant to be bidding on. I have no idea what to do. Any help super appreciated.

Sebasked

How do i cancel my bid? Apparently i bought a car while my daughter was watching cartoons in a different tab, i think the auction is closed now

Vivien D.
Vivien D.

Can I ask what happened with this?

Seb

They cancelled the bid but I ended up with my account blocked

Ghalib A
Ghalib Aasked

Do you have a cancellation policy on salvage vehicles?

Vishal Casked

Hi I have been looking for a car in melbourne and unfortunately I have bid a car in perth unknowingly, so I just want to remove my bid for that car . Please help me with that problem asap as the bid is gonna just finish up in 2 days.

Mike
Mike

Hi Vishal, I would probably call them up and tell them that, I would like to cancel the bid and explain the situation ASAP, so they can do something about it.

Ralph
Ralph

Give link to car please

Abby
Abbyasked

how authentic are articles brought on pickles online? I didn't get a chance to check the condition or quality of the watch but I have won the bid.

Now I am concerned about the quality and authenticity if the watch is an original brand or not.

PicklesPickles Auctions

Pickles makes no claims about the authenticity (or otherwise) of the goods sold via PicklesOnline.
We encourage you to inspect all goods before bidding.

Trev
Trevasked

why don"t the people who take the photographs of vehicles clean their camera lenses first?

Hi Trev,

Duly noted, sometimes the quality of images is certainly not the best and we are in the process of upgrading all camera systems, so hopefully in future you will find the image quality improved. Can you tell me which branch it was that you were viewing the images from? I will follow up with them.

Helen
Helenasked

Our car was impounded and sent to Pickles Bibra Lake WA. When we picked it up and bought it home we realised the ARB compressor, tyre gauge and airline under the hood has been removed. We would like to retrieve these items from the auction yard before speaking to the police, who is the best person to contact?

Hi Helen,

Apologies for the late reply to your question.

You can simply call the branch on 08 6595 0777 and ask to speak with either the Salvage Manager (Michelle) or the Salvage Ops Supervisor (Craig), either one should be able to assist. Or you can email the branch at perthinfo@pickles.com.au.

MarkG
MarkGasked

Hi what happens when a car gets auctioned at doesnt reach the reserve price after 2 auctions

Hi Mark,

Thank for the question. Here's a little explanation about our (and most other) auctions, and specifically what happens when bids reach or don't reach the 'Reserve'.

The way that auctions work is that unless specified ‘Unreserved’ there will be a ‘Reserve’ price set.

This Reserve price is set by the Vendor (asset owner). We provide the Vendor with a valuation which is an indication of what we believe the asset should reach at auction, but ultimately it is the Vendor who decides what the reserve price is set at, based on a value they wish to achieve for their asset.

In an auction one of three things will happen.

1. SOLD: in this situation the highest bid has reached or exceeded the Reserve price and the highest bidder at ‘hammer fall’ has won the asset.

2. PASSED IN: this is where the highest bid did not reach the reserve price. In this situation the asset is held back and may be placed in another auction at a later time or, the Vendor may decide to remove the asset from auction. It's important to note that a vendor may decide to place their asset into multiple auctions until either sold or removed from auction.

3. REFERRED: in this situation, the highest bid may have come close to the Reserve, but did not reach it. When this happens, at the Auctioneers discretion, the highest bid is referred to the Vendor, they will then decide to either accept or decline the highest bid, or make a counter offer. If no agreement is reached between the highest bidder and the Vendor then the Vendor may decide to place the asset into another auction at a later date or, remove the asset from auction altogether. Again, this asset may make it's way into multiple auctions until sold or removed.

I hope this explanation provides you with a little more clarity about the auction process.

Central Coastie

I can tell you what WON'T happen. The buyer(s) who won fair and square will not get the vehicle they successfully bid for. The way it works is that, once you have won, they refuse to sell it to you. They cite a non-disclosed reserve as the reason. They feel this is fair enough. That they can keep a secret reserve price, not tell anyone about it, then void the auction result. The rest of the world thinks this is incredibly unfair and a rip off. The best thing you can do is never buy from them. If enough people do this, they may change their dodgy practices and actually sell what they auction.

gav
gavasked

I was just considering to buy Lexus RX350 but I have never been participated in these auctions. Based on your reviews it appears that not to proceed as this could be costly risk for me. Thank you all for your response. Any ideas?

NICK K
NICK K

hey gav,
I was in the same dilemma. I ended up bidding on 2009 BMW x5 and won. There was a 500 dollar free on top of bidding fee, but i was able to inspect the vehicle before hand. It had all books full service history. Had to spend 150 bucks for a new tyre with roadworthy cert. that was about all I have spent for last 8 months.

Hi Gav,

Firstly, apologies for the very late reply to your question. For some reason it was missed so I am sorry that we have not made contact till now.

Now, your question is a good one. If you're not familiar with how auctions run then it can be a little daunting, but generally they are exciting and provide a great opportunity to get a great car, at a very competitive price.

Firstly let me point out a few key tips on how you should approach an auction.

Once, you’ve identified a vehicle (or any asset) that you wish to bid on the most important thing you need to do is ensure the asset is of a condition you will be happy to accept.

It’s important to remember that you are bidding on a pre-owned (used) asset, so you can assume they will have some form of wear and tear based on their age and mileage.

Whilst we provide a Condition Report on each car these reports are merely based on an external review, where we check for obvious visible damage (scratches, dents, paintwork damage, tyre condition, etc…). We do not undertake full mechanical inspections on any of the assets!

N.B. we do not provide any commitment or guarantee as to the assets condition, so the onus is on you to ensure you are happy with what you are buying. Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our T&C’s which can be found at the below URL.

So, there are a few steps to ensure you get the best asset for your needs.

Firstly, inspect the vehicle (if possible).

1. We make keys available, so you can start the asset, listen to discern if the engine is running correctly and check things like the warning lights.
2. We are unable to offer test drives unfortunately as neither we nor the Vendor are insured for test drives, so we encourage customers to engage their own mechanic if they wish to check the vehicle for mechanical issues.
3. Review the log book or service history, which we make available. This is important as it will tell you how well the asset has been cared for, tell you how frequently and when it was last serviced, it can also point you to (based on the age and mileage) what components or consumables may need repair or replacement at the next scheduled service.

Once you’re have satisfied yourself that the car is the one you want then you’ll need to understand how the Auction will progress. Here are a couple of points about the auction process.

This Reserve price is set by the Vendor (asset owner). We provide the Vendor with a valuation which is an indication of what we believe the asset should reach at auction, but ultimately it is the Vendor who decides what the reserve price is set at.

In an auction one of three things will happen.

3. REFERRED: in this situation the highest bid may have come close to, but did not reach the Reserve price. When this happens, the highest bid is referred to the Vendor, they will then decide to either accept or decline the highest bid, or make a counter offer. If no agreement is reached between the highest bidder and the Vendor then the Vendor may decide to place the asset into another auction at a later date or, remove the asset from auction.

If you’d like to know more you can always pop into your local Pickles branch for advice, or check out the FAQ’s section of our website (see below link) which is very helpful.

If all of this sounds a little intimidating then there is always another option, that is our Fixed Price (PicklesGO) option.

This is where we sell cars at a pre-determined ‘Fixed’ price, no bidding, no haggling, just see the car and decide it’s at a value you are happy with. PicklesGO ‘Fixed Price’ is an option that more and more of our customers prefer as you avoid the bidding process and can get a great car at great value. Check our PicklesGo section of the website.

Sorry for the long-winded response but I hope that gives you a little more clarity and comfort about Pickles and the options available to get your next car.

Central Coastie

I would not bother, as when you win, you do not win. They come back and say "you did not meet the reserve", even though this was not explained, or disclosed, or shown, during the auction. They then will ask you for more money. So forget this process. I have not even touched on the vehicles, just the process..

Geoff B
Geoff Basked

hi i won a salvage vehicle but at time of sale there was no confirmation that i had won.untill i checked my email and seen a invoice.so i logged into my account and read all the faqs and read how do u know if you won so i followd the instructions and there is no info on my win also due to not seeing invoice until 2 days after sale leads me to being behind time to pay and that then incurs more cost for late payment penalties so am i missing something were do i find this info?

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the question. Please see below (which is an extract from our FAQ's) that should explain the process for you.

If you are the highest bidder on an item and the current bid meets the vendor’s reserve, then you will win the item. We will send you an email with a statement attached but you can always find out the status of all items you are bidding on by signing in to My Pickles.

To find out if you have won a Pickles Online auction after bidding has ended, sign in to My Pickles and click on “Pickles Online" in the Bidding menu.

You will see four sections on the next screen:

1. My Current Bids
2. My Closed Bids
3. My Buy Now History
4. My Deposits

All items for which bidding has ended will appear in the "My Closed Bids" section. The outcome of your bid is shown alongside the item.

Apart from having the highest bid which meets reserve at the end of the auction, you can win an item outright by electing to “Buy Now". As soon as anyone elects to buy an item outright using Buy Now, it is withdrawn from bidding and the Buy Now purchaser wins the item.

Items you have bought using Buy Now appear in the My Buy Now History section in My Pickles.

I hope that this provides you with the answer you were looking for.

Jas
Jasasked

Hi, Any advice please,I bought a ford territory 2005 in September 2018 from pickle online auction Sunshine.Now ,in march 2018 my car is write off because of crash unfortunately.Now, while lodging a claim I found out that Finance company under ANZ claiming Security Interest on this vehicle.I don't know what to do as I paid cash at pickle auction premises at Sunshine . Please guide me what to do as my claim won't progress untill this thing sorted out.

Hi Jas,

Thank you so much for contacting us about this issue.
You will need to contact the Sunshine branch directly on (03) 9009 3111.
We would have paid the encumbrance on the vehicle when it was sold to you & it should have been removed.
The branch will be able to sort this out for you.

Victoria
Victoriaasked

Why does Pickles Auctions don't answer their phones we have wasted many hours of our time trying to call them to no avail? sometimes you do get through to a message machine but noone returns your calls.
Shocking waste of customers time.

Hi Victoria,

Thank you so much for forwarding on your feedback.
I am so sorry that no one was available to answer your call. It is highly probable that there was an auction(s) happening at that time.
Nevertheless, is there something specific that I can assist you with?
If you could let me know your question & to which branch you were trying to contact?

Waseem S
Waseem Sasked

Hi, i have won the bid and i do not want to buy that car i bid mistakenly, can you please guide me what can i do? Thanks!

Hi Waseem,

Thank you for your question.
You will need to contact the branch where the vehicle was won regarding an accidental purchase.
If you let me know which branch, I can give you their phone number.
Let me know if you have trouble getting through.
If auctions are in progress, the lines can be busy.

concierge@pickles.com.au

JAMES
JAMESasked

Hi I am using my Samsung tablet and I cannot see images of cars does anyone know how to fix this?

Hi James,
Regarding not being able to see the car images. If there is a text that states "No image Available" it means that we have only just received the vehicle & the photos of said vehicle(s) have not yet been taken. Once they have, the images will automatically upload to the website.
If this is not what you are talking about, you might need to contact our IT department on 1 800 005 336 or support@pickles.com.au

mkn
mknasked

Good afternoon
Can you please tell me what costs are involved with selling a vehicle at one of your auctions and are you able to put a reserve price on.
Also what is the difference in putting a vehicle in at a salvage auction.

Hi MKN,

To sell your car through us, please copy & download the following link into your browser.

Alternatively, use the following link to bring your car to a Pickles branch for a valuation.
Scroll down within this link to see the contact numbers for the branches.

Depending on the condition, age, kilometres etc of your vehicle will determine whether it goes into a regular vehicle auction or a salvage auction.

I hope this helps.