Pickles Auctions

Pickles Auctions Questions & Answers (page 4 of 5)

Listing monitored by Pickles Auctions

87 questions from our users

MickMac
MickMacasked

How do you know if your car sold at auction?

Hi Mick,

If you have your car with us to be sold on consignment, we will notify you once it has been sold.
If it does not sell in the initial auction, it will be included in a second auction.
If the car in question is a repossessed or a salvage/insurance vehicle, we will not notify you.
You will have to contact your insurance company to find the location of where it was taken & contact that particular branch.
You can also search our website to see if it is still listed.
I hope this has answered your question.

Aws
Awsasked

How many days I should pick up my car if I bought one?

Hi Aws,

Once you have successfully purchased a vehicle you must pick it up within two days.
There is a $66 per day storage fee payable after 48 hours.
If you are having difficulty with this time frame, please call the branch directly to make alternate arrangements.

Gill
Gillasked

Hi
Today i placed a bid for toyota camry.
Now i want to cancel that.
Could you please guide me the ways to follow?

Hi Gill,
Thanks for your inquiry. Please find the following information:

Can I adjust my bid if I make a mistake?

Yes – if you are the current bid holder, you can adjust your maximum bid up to any value you like. You can also adjust your bid down to the current bid value.

For example, if you accidentally bid $100,000 but you meant to bid only $10,000 then you will probably be winning the lot. The current bid may be an amount such as $7,000. In this case you may adjust your maximum bid down to any amount which is at least equal to $7,000.

You are free to adjust your bid as many times as you like.

How do I adjust my bid?

To adjust your maximum bid amount:

1. Return to the item details screen for the lot in question
2. Enter a new maximum bid amount
3. Click the Bid button
4. Confirm your new maximum bid in the next screen
5. Click the Confirm button

You may adjust your maximum bid as often as you like.

Kevin L
Kevin Lasked

What are the costs / for selling my car at pickles online auctions?

Hi Kevin,

Here is a link to how to sell your vehicle through Pickles: https://www.pickles.com.au/cars/services/sell
You will need to copy & paste the above link into your browser. Please then choose the relevant Pickles location, closest to you.
As an example, if you are in Sydney, you would need to bring the vehicle to 36-40 Harp Street in Belmore.
Call (02) 9704 6669 first to make an appointment to have your car valued.
You will need to bring your drivers licence, registration, proof of purchase & a pink slip no more than 28 days old.
There is a cost of $176 which will cover your vehicle in two auctions. (This cost may vary at different locations)

Concierge@pickles.com.au

Kevin M
Kevin Masked

Good morning I was wondering if you have the auction results from Gosford classic cars I was at the auction but didn’t have a pen. Thanks for a good night a few issues with the audio but still a good auction

Hi Kevin,

Thank you so much for Contacting us. You can go to the website: classiccars.pickles.com.au.
You can register on this website & we can then let you know the outcomes.
The final results are not yet through.
I'm glad you enjoyed the auction!

Ahmad H
Ahmad Hasked

HI guys just i did bid on one of the laptops but unfortunately, by mistake, i overbids the value of the laptop and im the highest bidder so far and i don't want to pay that much how can i decrease the highest bid i will pay or cancel this ?

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you so much for contacting us with your question.
I am sorry I was not able to help you at the time as I do not work on the weekends.
In the future, if this issue occurs again, you can just put in another LOWER bid.
You cannot however list an amount lower than the current bid.

Rob
Robasked

How are the reserve prices calculated and are they displayed anywhere?

Hi Rob,

Thank you so much for contacting us with your question.
Regarding reserve prices, they are set by our vendors & are not able to be released.
It's just the same as how home property auctions have reserves.
If you have a particular vehicle or item in mind, please contact us to give you an estimated price range.

Davejay
Davejayasked

Why is the internet bidder fee so expensive? My fault I should have checked the fee structure but, it is bonkers that when I bought two excavator buckets for $150 each, the final invoice comes in at $520 or thereabouts, why should internet bidders be so penalised when they only serve to increase what things sell for raising ur profits and keeping ur vendors happy.

Hi Davejay,

Thank you for contacting us again.
We are upfront with our fees. I can see why the fees might seem large to you but that is unfortunately just in comparison to your purchase.
The services we provide cover customer service activities both at the branches & online.
This includes the IT operator who communicates live with the auctioneer so that your bid is accepted in a timely manner & hence you won the bid.
We apply specialised resources to ensure that we saved you time off from work in having to come to the branch for the auction.
Please let me know if I can further assist you in the future.

Carolyn Pickles

Tania N
Tania Nasked

What happens if you win a bid for an auction car but change your mind? can you get warrenty for cars brought at auction

Hi Tania,
Thank you so much for your inquiry.
Once you successfully win a bid on an auction vehicle, the deposit is then taken from your account & you will receive an emailed invoice for the remaining costs. You would need to contact the branch directly for any further issues.
The branches can also assist you in obtaining warranties & extended warranties.

Leith
Leithasked

Hi my name is leith, i brought a holden captiva from hobart pickles yesterday went and picked up today. Paid
and signed the forms then the car was brought out for me. When i got home i decided to wash and have noticed the roof of the car is all dented in ,the strengthening bars are all bent , im really scared and worryed that this car is not safe for the family and I. The car is registered and the condition report said minor chips and scratches . We have already brought a captiva from pickles and were really happy with it so thought we would get another one. Going to take it to panel beaters tomorrow to see if it is even fixable. I cant resell this car knowing it is like this.dont no what to do ?

Hi Leith,
Thank you for your inquiry.
I contacted the branch & found out your issues has been sorted out already.

Est
Estasked

Hi,
I have just bought a car from pickles auction and took it over following day (today). The night that I received car (when using light), I noticed that there was a problem with the main beam, I couldn't turn on. When getting car from pickles, it was impossible to notice this failure in daylight and it was not noted in car's data which was in your auction brochure. Could you please help me with this. What can i do? thank you so much.

Hi Est,
Would you be able to send me more details such as where you purchased the vehicle, the make, model & rego etc. to identify the vehicle plus your details to contact you.
Could you please reply to me at customer.service@pickles.com.au

Asim Z
Asim Z

To be honest, you don't have much choice, but to take the car to your local mechanic to fix it -- may be it's just Globe that needs replacing ...

Pickles don't take any responsibility - they sell the car as is -- I have had a very bad experience too, I sold mine within 3 days after buying it from them.

May be give them a call to see what they say, I highly doubt it they will say or do anything.

Good luck.

Sal
Salasked

What happens if you accidentally bid on a car and don't pay for the car after you won the bid through pickles live?

Hi Sal,
Can you please contact us directly through customer.service@pickles.com.au

bam
bam

Hi, was this issue resolved accordingly? I’m interested to find out as my child (whilst I was watching an item) has leant across and placed a bid by accident, I need help to cancel this bid!

Robin
Robinasked

What is the process when registering the vehicle prior to pickup?

PicklesPickles Auctions

Hi Robin, Thank you for your enquiry. The registration process will vary depending on the car you plan purchase and the state you plan to purchase the vehicle from. If you can private message us your contact details we will arrange for a representative to call you and assist you further. Kind Regards, Pickles Auctions.

Ali Yousofiasked

Hi I have bought a 2015 toyota camry as it doesn't have a compliance plate and am struggling to get it registered in NSW it was bought from canberra online auction, rang the manager was advised that their job is only to sell the vehicle, took to the mechanic findout that the car was modified as it was involved in an accident, they modified the car and the get rid of compliance plate, basically pickles sold me a modified car on online auction for almost 14k. R they allowed to sell modified car?

PicklesPickles Auctions

Hi Ali, we would like to investigate this further with the appropriate department. Could you private message your contact details? Kind Regards, Pickles Auctions

yousifi.ali43@gmail.com

TONY OGILVIE
TONY OGILVIEasked

How do I buy fixed price cars?

PicklesPickles Auctions

Hi Tony, Thank you for your enquiry. To learn more on how to buy fixed price , please see the following link goo.gl/4Yb33B Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. Kind Regards, Pickles Auctions

Manvir
Manvirasked

Do government vehicles on pickles have a reserve or not?

PicklesPickles Auctions

Hi Manvir, All of our vehicles will have a reserve price unless stated. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we could be of further assistance. Kind Regards, Pickles Auctions

Devistated
Devistatedasked

A freightliner argosy 1CEB212 was sold it had been in a rollover it was on your lot around April 2015 I'm desperately chasing the purchaser of the vehicle to ask a question would there be any way possible?
I can give you my number an if you can pass it on or if I could get to somehow get information on a part of the truck that may have been the cause of rollover
Debbie

PicklesPickles Auctions

Hi, We apologize for the delay in our response. We will speak to the appropriate department. We'll just need a couple details, could you kindly private message us your contact and branch details? Kind Regards, Pickles Auctions

Ale
Aleasked

Hi I bought ford falcon g6e & paid the price plus registration fee how long it will take them to get back to me the car is only - year old when I ring no answer & no one ring back

PicklesPickles Auctions

Hi Ale, Thank you for your enquiry. Could you kindly let us know the item number/description, branch involved, your name and phone number? We will contact the branch involved on your behalf. Kind Regards, Ed.

bbcpasked

When I bought a vehicle from pickles auction, i bought pickles auction additional warranty for 5 years. one year gone and I want to sell the car. will the warranty transferable to new owner ?

PicklesPickles Auctions

Hi Bbcp, Thank you for your enquiry. Yes, the warranty will be transferable to new owner. For more information, please refer to our customer booklet regarding warranty transfer information. I believe section 11 will have more information. Hope this helps! If we can be of assistance, please let us know. Kind Regards, Ed.

bbcp

As per sample contract terms under Transfer section ( which is shown below ) I need some clarifications

b) If you are not in breach of the terms of this Warranty you may transfer the benefits
of this Warranty to a new owner of the Motor Vehicle.

c) As a prerequisite to transferring the Warranty we require the following:
i) Proof of a current Safety Inspection Report and ownership; and
ii) A mechanical inspection acceptable to us; and
iii) You must provide the above and request to transfer the Warranty in writing to
Us within 7 days of the change of ownership of the Motor Vehicle; and
iv) A transfer and administration Fee of $75.00 payable by the new owner.

current Safety Inspection Report >> is it the roadworthy certificate

what is meant by A mechanical inspection acceptable to us ..... please clarify

bbcp

I got above text from https://www.pickles.com.au/idc/groups/public/documents/webcontent/live-001956.pdf

Jimmy
Jimmyasked

How can i cancelled a bid if is a mistake?

Akash
Akash

Jimmy i think you can't cancel bid , just wait another person bid higher than you .

PicklesPickles Auctions

Hi Jimmy, Thank you for your enquiry. We have provided a link goo.gl/ZeM9be that will guide you through the step by step process of adjusting your bid. We hope that helps and please don’t hesitate to contact us if there is anything else we can help you with. Kind Regards, Pickles Auctions.

Get an answer from our members and Pickles Auctions representatives