Pickles Auctions

Pickles Auctions Questions & Answers (page 5 of 5)

Listing monitored by Pickles Auctions

87 questions from our users

Pankaj Kumar
Pankaj Kumarasked

I have got a price from Pickles auctions and have to show my car tomorrow, is it really worth it? From the reviews looks like it can be a bad choice.

Mark
Mark

I can only base my response on my experience and those I have seen on this site. Based on this I would expect that if your car is in perfect condition and you have comprehensive log books they will offer you $1000 less than quoted. We sold our car above the original Car Sales offer (not the Pickles Scam offer) in one day. Good luck.

Steve Treloar
Steve Treloar

They are an Auction House. I have to chase them up over a missing payment to me, authorised by the insurance company, and they are conspicuously quiet; they sold the car before the insurance company had approved the claim and now the insurance (SGIC) have said the onus is on me to extract the auction wreck value; how does that one work? I don't think they are bad people; I think they are less than helpful; they don't want to give me half the money they received at auction (set by the insurance company @ $240 wreck value); I believe they are used car salesmen through and through.

Liz
Lizasked

I am thinking of buying a car online Pickles in Sunshine Victoria. How does the Pickles in Sunshine Victoria rate in terms of car reliability and the honesty of sales personnel? How does Customer Satisfaction rate with Pickles in Sunshine Victoria?

CJM
CJM

I bought a holden there once cost me $3000 in repairs. So i cant say anything good for my experience and from what ive heard from other people there is false bids. As when i was bidding there was no online bidders as the screen always shows up if it is. This day was only 5 people next to me there was 2 other bidders after they stopped bidding the bids kept going up and i could see no one else bidding in the room. Have bought several cars at Mamheim however they do not disclose if there are engine lights on etc so you need to inspect the car first.

Hi Liz,

I can't speak for the staff at Pickles Sunshine VIC however given my experience with Pickles Newcastle NSW and the sheer volume of 1 star ratings there is clearly a systemic failure within the organisation. From the 78 ratings on this posting you have an 80.7% chance of joining the disappointed customers and a 0.51% chance of having a 5 star experience. Think of a game of Russian Roulette with 5 chambers loaded. “CLICK"

Gene
Gene

I just got a car from pickels cost me over 3500 in repairs and then add in you time buy a car from a used dealer look up lemon laws in Australia I would have saved me money if I got from used dealer lemon laws don't cover auctions

Cmac
Cmacasked

What is pickles doing if anything to improve its Customer satisfaction?

PicklesPickles Auctions

Hi Cmac, Thank you for reaching out. At Pickles Auctions we strive to achieve customer satisfaction every step of the buying process. Customer satisfaction is a key focus for us. Therefore, we aim to ensure that feedback, including complaints are dealt with in a timely manner. We also encourage and value feedback from our customers. We hope that helps. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions. Kind Regards, Pickles Auctions.

Hi Cmac,

They trolled me this afternoon with a private message in regards to my issue. From my experience it appears they contact disgruntled customers directly and try to resolve the issue rather than change their internal structure and procedures to avoid the issues to begin with.

Lachlan Newman
Lachlan Newmanasked

has anyone bought a monitor from pickes auction. Just wondering how reliable they are?

Harty
Harty

Buyer beware, bought a car recently, broke down on the way home. Didn't want to know me. Missing an SD card for the sat Nav, missing after being reassured it would be there. Complained got a call from Richard Bowen who assured me he would get to the bottom of it. After numerous calls with no replies I have logged an official complaint. As for the car it has been at the dealers since I bought it, they can't find the issue. Never again. After doing more research the price I paid was comparable to a car yard, no benefit to buy from Pickles.

howard franks

My car battery was not reliable but their response to my statutory warranty request was even more broken

Rob.M
Rob.Masked

When and where are auctions in Brisbane not vehicles but other things like jewellery and missellaneous?

PicklesPickles Auctions

Hi Rob, thanks for getting in touch. At the moment, most of our Brisbane General Goods auctions take place online. In order to get an overview of upcoming auctions, please have a look on our website pickles.com.au. Just click or tap the "Auctions & Catalogues" link in the General Goods drop down menu. We hope that helps. Please let us know if you require anything else. Kind regards, Pickles Auctions

homendra
homendraasked

I won the bid for toyota corolla 2013 at AUD 12300 and guy came to me said I can get car if I pay them 13300 because car got more value, I ignored to pay extra money and guy said he gone solve it, I waited 1 hour for him but he didnt shows up. Finally i went to reception and find out they sold it to someone else what should i do?

Eddy
Eddy

You probably best to contact fair trading but still these auctions are very dodgy people they are there to rip off people different ways no one do any thing about them best buy car privetly you dont have to pay auction fees and you can negotiate the price as well you can drive car and check with mechanic in auction you dont get to do this but for sure make a complaint against them

Hi Homendra,

Apologies for the late reply.

I don't know the specific details of the auction you attended, but based on your explanation I am confident I know what has happened.

Basically what you have described is that you were bidding on the car in question and at the close of bidding you were the highest bidder. However, being the highest bidder does not mean you had 'WON' the asset. The reason for this would be that your bid did not meet the Vendors (Car owners) Reserve Price. The Reserve is basically a minimum value the vendor wants to achieve for their asset (car), so unless your bid met or exceeded the Reserve you have NOT 'won' the asset, you are simply the 'highest bidder' at the close of the auction, and actually, haven't won it.

Apart from meeting or exceeding the Reserve, the only other time you may have won the asset outright is if it was an 'Unreserved' auction, where no reserve price has been set. In all cases when an asset or auction is Unreserved it will be clearly stated, otherwise assume it has a Reserve price set.

From that point the auctioneer (or one of our agents) would have advised the Vendor of your bid, the Vendor then decides to either accept or decline your bid or makes a counteroffer. It appears in your case the Vendor provided a counteroffer os $13,300. If you declined to accept that price, or make a counter offer then the agent would negotiate with the next highest bidder. And in this case, it sounds like that bidder was prepared to accept the price of $13,300.

So, even though you had the highest bid at the auction, and due to it not reaching the reserve, you actually did not win the asset. Then when you declined the counter offer from the vendor you pretty much close down any negotiation. Hence it was a then sold to another bidder.

I strongly encourage you (and anyone else reading this) to familiarise yourself with the FAQ's and Terms and Conditions of our auctions on our website. This will ensure you have a better knowledge and understanding of how the auction process works.

Regards, Pickles Cx

nothappy
nothappyasked

I bought a fixed price car from pickles in Sydney but I have a complaint. How and where can I lodge my complaint?

Sheela
Sheela

Try Fair Trading

Alexis
Alexis

Good Luck.. I have been in contact with Office of Fair Trading today regarding Pickles Brisbane and they have told me that I have to send an email through to Pickles Brisbane on what my complaint was and what you want you want the outcome to be.. Make sure you put a deadline to when you would like a response, once you have passed that deadline lodge your claim with Office of fair trading, this will take up to 15 days for somebody to look at..

Hi Nothappy,

Firstly put your request to them in writing, best way is email. You can get the contact email for their office off the pickles website. Outline your issue clearly and politely. State your claim and request resolution by set date. Once the time elapses go to google and type in nsw fair trading. On the result page you will see a link to lodge a complaint. Fill it in and after 14 days you can proceed to a tribunal action. They won’t show up and you will win automatically.

Get an answer from our members and Pickles Auctions representatives