1.7

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (72)
Paul A.

Paul A.Perth, WA

Water damaged car purchase

Chris Kozy

Chris KozySouth East Queensland, QLD

Awful ripoff scam, do not risk your money unless you like trouble

Priced my car at $28k and told me all kinds of nonsense how hard it will be to sell. I've listed it on gumtree for 39900k and it sold the first weekend for 37500!!!
Can not be trusted. Read the reviews. Stay away from pickles and manheim, scammers.

Trevor hallamCentral West, QLD

Waste of time

Won 2 items at pickles. they took money out of my account rang the next day told my wife items have been stolen. Turned out they had been reprocessed. Will not use pickles ever again

jimm

jimmMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't expect bargains

I've registered as a bidder quite a few times for government, council online auctions, the process is painless and professional.
However only camrys,evokes and craptivas seem to get passed in ( don't reach reserve ) and or sell just under market value.
Everything else like 4wds, rav4s, Calais,etc etc, always go 30 to 70 percent above market value..
I just shake my head at buyers paying nearly the same price for a 5 year old car that they could get brand new or way lower at car sales.
Maybe it's an auction physiological rage thing that gets people to pay these prices.
I wouldn't recommend non government auctions as it would be a great place to get rid of an lemon without any blow back.

paul lawson

paul lawsonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My Pickles Experience

I have purchased three vehicles from Sunshine. Other than them misplacing one of them for 45 minutes, my experience has been very good. All of them saved me about 20% against Dealer prices. I have purchased from other auction houses but the selection at Pickles is far superior.

Jamie

JamieHobart, TAS

DO NOT BUY FROM PICKLES

Unfortunately buying this fixed price car from you was a very bad move. In the past month I have had the run around. Not only does it require cosmetic repairs ($4000 worth) (which I was fine with at the time) . But it turns out the car requires a clutch replacement ($2800) and there is a large oil leak from the timing covers ($1800) as well as the alternator requiring replacement a further ($800).

I would find it rather difficult to recommend Pickles in the future and before you tell me the warranty I purchased covers this it does not cover wear and tear items.

It's a shame I didn't check product reviews. It seems Pickles has a history of selling fixed priced cars in this sort of condition.

Very disappointed customer.

Jesse W.

Jesse W.

Stole money from me.

Won an auction. Bid was rejected. Over a week later they took the money from my account and told me to pick it up. After emails saying I no longer wanted it they agreed to refund me. No refund received and ignoring my emails. It has been almost a month.
Bank and ACCC now getting involved.

Leanne C.

Leanne C.Central, SA

mixed results

John

JohnMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Buying a car with Pickles finance

found a vehicle on carsales/pickles and ask for a little finance which i have a rating off 98% but refused by them which was a little strange and found befor being refused i ring sent emails but after 10 days no one replied i rang a 1300 number and some one rang sorry can not do finance never been knock back before alway paid direct credit

AndrewGHunter Region, NSW

Car damaged. A/C components & condenser smashed. Engine mounts bent. No inspections during Covid

AndrewG

Thanks for touching base. Yes, the Pickles team contacted me late last week to work through the issues. Very satisfied with the response. It’s not what happened, its how you respond that makes the difference.

CallumGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Budget Prices but Hidden Fees

Knowing the car sales are complicated, I had read up all the terms and conditions before purchase.

I then purchased a car from a Victoria Fleet (government vehicle) auction at Pickles Auction Sunshine branch- the car was a bargain.

I was surprised to see them charge $200 more in auction fees than was listed on their website for Victorian Fleet auctions.

When I spoke to the cashier about this, she told me that the Vic Fleet price only applies to the first 100 lots in the auction. This information was nowhere on the website or their terms and conditions!

Pickles boasts - "Pickles charge competitive fees with no hidden costs."

They fail to live up to this boast.

Pickles CxPickles Auctions

Staff paddock bashed my car, left windows down in a rainstorm, ridiculous fees and online auctions started 1 hour late!

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Check carsales.com thoroughly first.

You can get a good deal on pickles but they are not as common as they should be since you are taking the risk of not having a proper look at the car and technically it could blow up 300 yards down the road and there is no come backs. Just had a simple check of the fixed price Rav4 on pickles and found I could get exactly the same car with less milage and more rego for $3000 cheaper from a dealer that means there is some guarantees with the dealer. Dont think it is an automatic bargan most sales on pickles are not better that carsales.com but with more risk.

Bernard.

Bernard.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Pickles make an error, then ban the customer!!

Paula Silbery

Paula SilberyGoldfields, WA

Awesome Reviews

William B.

William B.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Uninformed Customer Service

This company clearly doesn't know what they are doing. On their website, there is/was a PC that is sort of meant for gaming and so I was still deciding if I should bid. When I called the branch about the inquiry about the PC, i got moved 5 times in the call because I've apparently reached the wrong branch or because they didn't even know that they had a PC in their branch. Customer service was absolute garbage except for a nice man whose name I've forgotten but i have yet to get a shipping price for a PC that is located in Dubbo to Victoria. If they cannot even do this then i don't think they deserve even 2 stars.

Pickles CxPickles Auctions

Don’t buy anything for Pickles auction

They are bunch thieves and liars
I will never deal with them ever again
After what there did.
They damaged and stole parts from my car.
And then when I spoke to them they threatened me.

LeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Overcharge and give misleadIng information

Lee

Some Dodgy practices, otherwise have been a good business deal

bobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

caravans online

shonky. have tried several times to purchase, even after being highest bidder with no other bids for 24hours against me suddenly at last minute another bid comes in and surprise surprise in every auction its been the same bidders from pakenham and playford vic. this then extends auction time. then sometimes you will see same item in next auction. i think its called ghosting

J Crawford

J Crawfordasked

My daughter had her vehicle sold by Pickles at Tamworth on the 2nd July only to be advised a week later the buyer had freighted it to Sydney but had pulled out of the sale because of a mechanical issue.
She was told the sale had been withdrawn and she was now being charged for the costs of the buyer transporting the vehicle to Sydney and return.
Now she has been notified she has an accrued fee of $924 with an additional storage fee of $66 each day it remains in the Pickles yard which they have told her they would waive if she picked the vehicle up by 18th August.
What part of the terms and conditions am I missing? I understand if I buy it’s on an ‘as is, where is’ basis with no guarantee or warranty.
Why is my daughter being bullied with these stand over tactics?

Paul

Paulasked

Why do you keep moving the auction date forward? Frustrated spending so much time to find items, making time to be online to bid only to find out the auction time has been changed.

Chad C.

Chad C.asked

I bet on a car by mistake and I won the bet how to cancel that

Hi Chad,

Thanks for the question.

Under the terms and conditions of participation at auction(s) all sales are final and there is no ability to cancel a sale. If you do not proceed with the sale then you stand to forfeit any deposit paid and are likely to be banned from participating at any future auctions.

Did you contact the branch immediately, and if so, what was their response?

Please email me your response (along with a copy of your invoice) directly to cx@pickles.com.au and I will review this for you.

Regards,