Pickles Auctions

Pickles Auctions (page 2 of 15)

I am really happy to , I really appreciate pickles manger to contact me , thanks thanks thanks I am really happy to , I really appreciate pickles manger to contact me , thanks thanks thanks

Chris R.

Chris R.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Will never buy from again.

Purchased a Ford BA wagon on gas, checked water before driving home and realised it had no water in the radiator bottle, I tried to fill up and the water came out faster then I could pour in from a rusted out of a welch plug mounted between rear of engine and gearbox. No mention of this damage before purchase, no refund or help given

DonnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst idea ever

I have a car from pickles a repairable write off ( repaired )
Apparently it was a HSV - later finding out no build number - no HSV
The body and the vin don’t match the type of car it is.
The engine also is of another car and head gasket was blown
The ECU was stuffed and of a different vehicle causing the heads to crack nearly completely blowing the engine I was able to save it. Costing $5,600 including replacing ECU components and computer programming.
Non genuine hsv and non matching vin no history of repairs for the VIV
Waste of money 13k in total loss

Hi there
Cx have u got a number I can contact you on or a name I can perhaps address the email to please

Obaid KhanCentral Queensland, QLD

Poor car inspection report by Brisbane Geebung

Inspection report didn't mention huge dent on boot. I traveled 600 KM's to pickup vehicle as i couldn't do on site inspection. Manager's attitude was terrible. Blamed me for not viewing pictures properly. Never accepted their fault. Picture and inspection report attached for reference. Never trust them.

Email sent.

Pickles is pickled

I won an auction at Pickles Wagga Wagga during the week. I rang the Wagga Wagga branch on three occasions to arrange payment and pick up of the vehicle on Saturday 22/6/19. Arriving after a three hour drive this morning only to be told I they had no idea where the vehicle was, and their policy is no collection of goods on a weekend. The manager was contacted by phone, and was abusive to me. Don't trust them and be careful if dealing with the branch manager, [Name Removed], he can be quite aggressive.

JonathanSydney Surrounds, NSW

Horrible Experience - Buyer beware. Completely dishonest and unethical conduct at Belmore branch

Pickles CxPickles Auctions

Very dodgy - they seemingly modify vehicles to improve asset value and saleability

SamSydney, NSW

Online bidding

Started bidding for a vehicle online, end time for the auction was 1:00pm. Two minutes Earlier I was out bid and remaining time changed to 3 minutes. I bid again and the remaining time appeared 9 minutes. I was outbidded within next 5 minutes. Now it is way pass 1:00pm. By the time auction finished it was 10 past 1 PM. This is very shonkey and cheap way to run business. I will be reporting this to fair trading soon. I would recommend all victims registering their experiences to fair trading. This is zero star service. They steal petrol, foot mates and for some reason spare wheels are always worn out. ....

Great outcome

Didnt realize that the salvage vehicle that I purchased at auction was advertised as noisy engine, when I went to pick it up the engine was shot.Pickles withdrew the sale and gave me a full refund Amazing service Thankyou

Har

HarSouth East Queensland, QLD

Deception and lying

Pickles lied to me after selling a car with major fault in it. Car Gearbox was gone. When I contacted pickles they said bec i driive the car away from pickles they won’t take it back. In reality I had towed it. When I told them I towed it. Then they said because you serviced the car they won’t take it back. How does that make sense. It sounds to me as if they ripped me off..

A Ray

A RaySydney, NSW

Pickles Auction is Terrible to deal with.

Rex Andrews

Rex AndrewsSydney Surrounds, NSW

Trying to use this online site is too difficult.

I went online to see what was offering and found a vehicle that was of interest. It then started I had to log in and at sometime in the past there had been an attempt to purchase something from Pickles. So I typed in my email and a standard password that I use on sites similar to Pickles and it was accepted. The problem was that no way would Pickles accept me as a buyer. An absolute insult given my credit rating is spotless and more to the point Grays on Line have never rejected me in fact over the last 3 Years my Company has spent in excess of $500,000.00 with Grays and paid within 2 days of invoice date. To sum it up I will never attempt to go to Pickles on line site again.

Description is never true

Stay away from Pickles, they are dodgy as hell. Bought a mower, description said diesel, working. They had to fork the mower onto my trailer because it didn't work, never has worked, should have been sold for parts. it wasn't diesel and refuse to refund. Worse than graysonline and that's saying something. Shonky crooks. Not the first time they have been dishonest but it'll be the last I wont be back and I have cancelled my membership. If there were negative stars I would have given that.

Ricci

RicciSydney, NSW

Deceptive

MichaelAU

Dozens of items not listed on the condition report - Stay away from Pickles!!!!

Michael

Your manager sent me an email highlighting that Pickles do many things to increase asset value or saleability of vehicles and they did for the Honda that was bought.

Gareth O

Gareth OSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good product good service

I purchased a "Fixed Price" car through Pickles. I know they mainly do auctions, so perhaps there is an issue only with their auctions leading to the poor reviews here? I found Pickles to have genuinely helpful sales staff and the entire team were wholly professional throughout. My only issue was a minor fault with the car which Pickles diagnosed and rectified to my satisfaction immediately while I waited. Also they do not negotiate on Fixed Price vehicles, but I was still happy with what I paid.

funny way of auctioning

What these guys do id they have a secret reserve. Even though the vehicle might start at zero in an online auction, even if your the highest bidder, you still wont win the goods. I got a call saying that the vehicle didnt meet the reserve. They wanted more money to purchase the vehicle. I found this very misleading and told the fellow so. If you have a reserve then start the auction on the minimum you want. If it doesnt sell then the market is telling you your reserve is to high. Dont actually place a $0 start and then cry once it doesnt go high enough? They are using auction like marketing bait.

Jake

One of the dodgiest companies

They sold my vehicle without my permission, I went over seas for 10 days, and in that time they called me 3 times and emailed me once with a very under estimated quote on my vehicle for $1,500 than sold it for $4,000 the next day.

Jake

I was told by one of the reps that any communication between myself and pickles has to be through a lawyer, completely disgusted by the way I was treated, and laughed at when making the call. I will email information now.

Don't bother

Call they don't answer
Pay for item day before pick up send a tow truck he's sent away haven't received payment yet.
Send remittance as a regular buyer.
Never deal with again after 20 years of buying cars. What a joke.

Beny

BenyCanberra 2600, ACT

Providing false information

I purchased a Bmw 328i from Pickles Geebung Queensland. I was informed that the timeframe was 7-10 days delivery. Payment was direct deposit into Pickles account and cleared on the 15th of February. I was then informed that delivery date of the vehicle would be on the 6th of March.

Helenasked

Hi,
I bought a caravan from Pickles. When it was delivered the gas bottles were missing. They were in the auction photos. When I rang Pickles up they told me they are not allowed to sell gas bottles. They were specific gas bottles for the caravan so the special cover goes over them. I want the gas bottles returned.
Regards Helen

Hi Helen,

I'd like to look into this for you. Can you please provide me with a copy of your invoice and any additional details so I can follow this up with the branch.

You can email me at cx@pickles.com.au

Regards, Pickles Cx

Hi,
It is all sorted out. All good. Thanks

Hi Helen,

That's wonderful news, glad to hear it's been sorted.
We certainly hope to be able to provide you with a smoother, trouble-free experience next time.

All the best, Pickles Cx

Dnk

Dnkasked

Bought a bike from pickles in Melbourne, done a ppsr and it states it still has money owing on it. It’s been 10 days since the contract was settled. Also being the first time buyer, I’m not sure where I stand. Do they have x amount of time to pay or it’s up to me?

vik
vik

I would say you should contact them, as they can play very smart, without you fully understanding the auction terms, it can be laid upon you, but give them call they should preety much tell whats on with it.

Hi Dnk,

Please provide as much detail about the asset and transaction as possible, a copy of your invoice will suffice.
You can email me at cx@pickles.com.au and I will look into this for you.

Regards, Pickles Cx

Hi Dnk,

Thanks for providing the information I needed.

As per our email conversation, the vendor did not make us aware that there was an encumbrance on the asset at time of listing for Auction (which is their obligation), subsequently, they have rectified this. Therefore I can advise that there is clear title on this asset.

We do apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and can advise that we reinforced with this Vendor their obligations under the terms and conditions of sale.

Kind regards, Pickles Cx

Melbrevasked

What are your daily storage fees for cars that are being auctioned?

Rick
Rick

No idea bro

Hi Melbrev,

Apologies for the late reply.

In response to your question: There are no applicable storage fees for assets (cars) that are being auctioned.

Storage fees are only applicable once an asset (car) is sold (purchased) and has not been collected within the required time-frame.

If you bid and win an asset at auction then you will pay a deposit on the spot. The balance of payment is then due within 24 hours.
Once the balance of payment is received you will then have 2 days (48 hours) to arrange for collection of the asset.

If the asset is not collected within that 24 hour period then a daily storage fee becomes applicable.
That fee is charged at $66.00 per day.

I hope that answer was helpful. If you'd like to know more then you can visit the FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) section of our website, located at https://www.pickles.com.au/about/frequently-asked-questions

Kind regards, Pickles Cx

Melbrev

I had my car repossed and sent to pickles for auction, it never sold, so I've paid the overdue and am picking it up. I was told I'd have to pay for storage costs plus gst if they are applicable. So there are no storage fees?

Get an answer from our members and Pickles Auctions representatives