Pickles Auctions

Pickles Auctions (page 3 of 17)

Listing monitored by Pickles Auctions

Dave
DaveSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service and please for those looking for auction cars, do not purchase from Pickles!

Philip B
Philip BAU

I will not be buying from them again.

Pickles Auctions sold an item which I had paid for while I was negotiating to have the item shipped to New Zealand.
On contacting Pickles Auctions they were very vague about what had happened to my item and just won't communicate.
After contacting NSW Fair Trade Pickles Auctions, admitted that they had sold my paid for item . It would have been appreciated if at least they contacted me to say there was a problem. They are equivalent to a scam.

Ben
BenCanberra

Street Sweeper

• +2Thumbnail

mkozlowski83
mkozlowski83Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Selling car through pickles made super easy

I sold my car trough pickles, did self inspection using the app and then received an offer from pickles.
Offer was above average and much better than any other offer from other places offering similar services.
Dropped off the car couple of days later and received my money within a day.

Perfect communication with the staff and overall great experience selling selling my car.

Michael A.
Michael A.

If you can’t test it start it don’t buy it

Cant start or test vehicle or boat
You take a big risk when buying through pic I tried to buy a boat. I asked if I can start the engine they did not allow me to start motor. Be careful as you could buy and realise the engine has major problem or engine is problematic. They are happy to take your money and take your commission. You buy as is if you buy private you can test Ian’s start motor. I would not recommend buying from pickles auction. A lot of dealers that Cannot sell vehicles sell through pickles as buyer can’t start or test. kles auction.

Ralph G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Caprice odometer from another car !!! Can't get roadworthy !

Two mechanics said Caprice was pulled apart then unprofessionally put back together again !! And odometer 89000 klms was from another car. And wires cut everywhere !! And Pickles never mentioned Airbag fault light was on in condition report ! Deception personified !!! Now stuck with $10000 car that can't get roadworthy !! Pickles lady handed me note saying car came from Melbourne dealer ie KMI Vic Pty Ltd, trading as Auto Car Sales. Shame Shame !! Lost $10000 !!!

Duped
DupedSouth East Queensland, QLD

False advertising?

MarkGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent service and efficient process

I bought a second hand car from Prestige and sold my car as trade in. The process was straightforward and the staff were courteous. Tony was exceptional in helping me with the trade in. Kudos to the whole team. My new vehicle was delivered very clean and is in excellent condition for its age.

Ahmed Elsherbini
Ahmed ElsherbiniSydney, NSW

very rude

i went to pickles to pick up my personal item after car accident but the reception lady was VERY RUDE and i can see they need more training to know how they can talk to the customers

Abdul
AbdulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible cars. Please don't Trust them. Save your MONEY

Condition reports mentioned minor dents and tyres are fair. I was impressed and won the BID. initially, i got 1st invoice to pay for the car and extra warranty. later another 2nd invoice for the transfer and gov charges and picked charges. I was happy and thought all going according to plan. 3rd invoice to pay for the repairs broken windshield and oil leak charges. I was shocked. they never mentioned about the windshield in the conditional report.
never thought I will end up in this auction crap .. loosing hard earn money. Please guys better to buy from showroom or dealer. I learnt a new lesson.

Product is as advertised and great customer service

I bought a car from the government auctions at pickles Belmore and the experience was very pleasant. I understand and agree with social distancing rules, which do not allow for on site viewing and inspection of the vehicle, but found that the condition reports were honest and trustworthy. I discovered a fault with the car later that was not declared on the condition report and the team was very helpful in solving my problem in an efficient way. Specifically, Chloe at front desk who helped direct my questions to the right people, Patrick who drove my car with love and respect, and Woody for ultimately sorting it out. Thank you for your help and I hope your company values your contribution to its good reputation.

Fateful S.
Fateful S.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Disappointed

I have felt lured in.
I used their DIYInspect app.
After a physical inspection the offer dropped to 1/3 of the original offer.
I believe either they lure you in with a highball offer or it is impossible to make an accurate offer based on a series of photos and a 15 second video.
The staff are oblivious to processes. We were misled to believe the process would be finalised by 2pm that day.
Staff were unapologetic, did not care, took no ownership of their incompetence, did not listen.
I tried to leave a review on DIY Inspect but it does not register bad reviews which sums up the lack of integrity in all dealings with Pickles and DIY Inspect.

Fake kms

I have bought few car all of them turned to be faulty 2 has transmission problem and one got bad engine noise .
When I approached them they say we don’t give any guarantee for any mechanical .

No one buy these scrap from me so I give it back to them and they charge $600 from me to sell it others even though they know car has problems
I lost $5000 on these cars I learnt my lesson

People used finance cars and gave it back to finance company with odo meter reversed So they will not lose money when car auctioned

Eric
EricSydney, NSW

Purchaser feedback.

Have now purchased 2 cars from Pickles. Both have turned out to be really good buys and have found condition and prices to be very good. Staff have always been courtious and helpful. Would always try them first when next I need another car.

Ex Customer
Ex Customer

DO NOT BUY ANY CARS FROM HERE!!!

Do not buy any cars from here! A big waste of time, money and energy! They full damaged my car with their forklifts and smashed the front end. They left pen marks all over the windscreen and panels and half of them don't come off. They also left some of the windows and doors open as there is bird poo, dust and water damage inside! Stay away from these rude, inexperienced amateurs!

Company Director
Company DirectorSydney, NSW

Department manager at Belmore pickle auction

Emily from pickles auctions

I rang pickles to enquire about a car in salvage . the service I received from Emily was good and refreshing in these times. she offered to call me back when she went out to view the car which gave me confidence in my bidding. keep up the great work Emily , hopefully your company sees this and realises what an asset you are .

Si joash
Si joashSydney, NSW

Terrible sales staff

I won a yacht but found the guy handling the sale, inattentive, rude and uninterested. He mislead the boat and it's situation. He never returned phone calls. He was conducting the auction on behalf of NSW marine and I would feel ripped off if I was them. He knows nothing about boats. Dale Richards was negotiating as reserve wasn't met. Then without even a phone call the boat was back up for a new auction!
I knew Peter pickles, he would have been disappointed. He ran a professional organisation.

Harry
HarryNewcastle

Pickles are fair.

Ive bought heaps of things from pickles and have found them so helpful. They tell you what they know about a vehicle or item and i have always run with the philosophy of if the engine is good , the gearbox isnt. I never overbid and ive never been burnt. Cant blame pickles for social distance and no inspection policy. They could stand by their descriptions and give bidders confidence that way.

Paul A.
Paul A.Perth, WA

Water damaged car purchase

Chris Kozy
Chris KozySouth East Queensland, QLD

Awful ripoff scam, do not risk your money unless you like trouble

Priced my car at $28k and told me all kinds of nonsense how hard it will be to sell. I've listed it on gumtree for 39900k and it sold the first weekend for 37500!!!
Can not be trusted. Read the reviews. Stay away from pickles and manheim, scammers.

Trevor hallamCentral West, QLD

Waste of time

Won 2 items at pickles. they took money out of my account rang the next day told my wife items have been stolen. Turned out they had been reprocessed. Will not use pickles ever again

jimm
jimmMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't expect bargains

I've registered as a bidder quite a few times for government, council online auctions, the process is painless and professional.
However only camrys,evokes and craptivas seem to get passed in ( don't reach reserve ) and or sell just under market value.
Everything else like 4wds, rav4s, Calais,etc etc, always go 30 to 70 percent above market value..
I just shake my head at buyers paying nearly the same price for a 5 year old car that they could get brand new or way lower at car sales.
Maybe it's an auction physiological rage thing that gets people to pay these prices.
I wouldn't recommend non government auctions as it would be a great place to get rid of an lemon without any blow back.

paul lawson
paul lawsonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My Pickles Experience

I have purchased three vehicles from Sunshine. Other than them misplacing one of them for 45 minutes, my experience has been very good. All of them saved me about 20% against Dealer prices. I have purchased from other auction houses but the selection at Pickles is far superior.

Jamie
JamieHobart, TAS

DO NOT BUY FROM PICKLES

Unfortunately buying this fixed price car from you was a very bad move. In the past month I have had the run around. Not only does it require cosmetic repairs ($4000 worth) (which I was fine with at the time) . But it turns out the car requires a clutch replacement ($2800) and there is a large oil leak from the timing covers ($1800) as well as the alternator requiring replacement a further ($800).

I would find it rather difficult to recommend Pickles in the future and before you tell me the warranty I purchased covers this it does not cover wear and tear items.

It's a shame I didn't check product reviews. It seems Pickles has a history of selling fixed priced cars in this sort of condition.

Very disappointed customer.

PJ Tan
PJ Tanasked

Do I need to have my finance approved before I buy a car? This is my first car - I'm getting a little over whelmed with sorting out things needed for this purchase.. Does Pickles have finance too?

Mark

I don't know if pickles auctions have finance, but you can put a deposit down for car and pay balance later, speak to pickles for more info, im only a person who had money to buy the car I got...

Lyle H.
Lyle H.

I don't know but being an auction house I would say that you need to have funds prior to buying. I suggest you contact Pickles as I am only a buyer like yourself.

PicklesPickles Auctions

Good Morning PJ, Yes Pickles offers finance.
Simply choose which finance type you need and apply online or over the phone, One of our finance managers will then be in touch.
Here is a link to our finance page https://www.pickles.com.au/Services/finance .
If you plan on bidding at auction we ask that you have your finance approved before bidding.
Best wishes Sam

Angelina Alam
Angelina Alamasked

My Name is Angelina, I want to sale my car, please let me know how I can do it thru you and how much cost you take and how long it will take to sale it please?
My email is : [email removed]

Ralph G.

Please give details about car. Year model klms condition service records etc

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Why avoid contacting them directly

J Crawford
J Crawfordasked

My daughter had her vehicle sold by Pickles at Tamworth on the 2nd July only to be advised a week later the buyer had freighted it to Sydney but had pulled out of the sale because of a mechanical issue.
She was told the sale had been withdrawn and she was now being charged for the costs of the buyer transporting the vehicle to Sydney and return.
Now she has been notified she has an accrued fee of $924 with an additional storage fee of $66 each day it remains in the Pickles yard which they have told her they would waive if she picked the vehicle up by 18th August.
What part of the terms and conditions am I missing? I understand if I buy it’s on an ‘as is, where is’ basis with no guarantee or warranty.
Why is my daughter being bullied with these stand over tactics?

Get an answer from our members and Pickles Auctions representatives