Pickles Auctions

Pickles Auctions (page 4 of 4)

1.9

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (80)
Pat

PatRichmond-Tweed, NSW

It’s either bad luck or deception.

Took two days for anyone to return my calls to organise freight and payment, Had it blue slipped needed all tyres replaced even after reported fair tyres, best bit is the car arrived, engine light on choking in white smoke. Not reported In condition report. (Complete mess absolutely horrible)

Clive

Clive

Poor service

vik

vikSydney, NSW

Scammers !!

Oh! what an experience, bought a land rover from these scammers, condition report mentioned the tyres were fair, and there is a complete service history, got the delivery, the car was not serviced from 2 years no mobil oil, tyres were cracked all 4, took the car back, the mechanic at pickles Ray was super rude and advised the tyres are fair condition when it clearly were cracked and ripped from the centre, asked him to put that in writing which he totally rejected to do so, that was my last car i will buy from you scammers, my lawyer will serve you the notice for defaults though.

Chris R.

Chris R.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Will never buy from again.

Purchased a Ford BA wagon on gas, checked water before driving home and realised it had no water in the radiator bottle, I tried to fill up and the water came out faster then I could pour in from a rusted out of a welch plug mounted between rear of engine and gearbox. No mention of this damage before purchase, no refund or help given

DonnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst idea ever

I have a car from pickles a repairable write off ( repaired )
Apparently it was a HSV - later finding out no build number - no HSV
The body and the vin don’t match the type of car it is.
The engine also is of another car and head gasket was blown
The ECU was stuffed and of a different vehicle causing the heads to crack nearly completely blowing the engine I was able to save it. Costing $5,600 including replacing ECU components and computer programming.
Non genuine hsv and non matching vin no history of repairs for the VIV
Waste of money 13k in total loss

Hi there
Cx have u got a number I can contact you on or a name I can perhaps address the email to please

Pickles is pickled

I won an auction at Pickles Wagga Wagga during the week. I rang the Wagga Wagga branch on three occasions to arrange payment and pick up of the vehicle on Saturday 22/6/19. Arriving after a three hour drive this morning only to be told I they had no idea where the vehicle was, and their policy is no collection of goods on a weekend. The manager was contacted by phone, and was abusive to me. Don't trust them and be careful if dealing with the branch manager, [Name Removed], he can be quite aggressive.

Pickles CxPickles Auctions

Very dodgy - they seemingly modify vehicles to improve asset value and saleability

SamSydney, NSW

Online bidding

Started bidding for a vehicle online, end time for the auction was 1:00pm. Two minutes Earlier I was out bid and remaining time changed to 3 minutes. I bid again and the remaining time appeared 9 minutes. I was outbidded within next 5 minutes. Now it is way pass 1:00pm. By the time auction finished it was 10 past 1 PM. This is very shonkey and cheap way to run business. I will be reporting this to fair trading soon. I would recommend all victims registering their experiences to fair trading. This is zero star service. They steal petrol, foot mates and for some reason spare wheels are always worn out. ....

Har

HarSouth East Queensland, QLD

Deception and lying

Pickles lied to me after selling a car with major fault in it. Car Gearbox was gone. When I contacted pickles they said bec i driive the car away from pickles they won’t take it back. In reality I had towed it. When I told them I towed it. Then they said because you serviced the car they won’t take it back. How does that make sense. It sounds to me as if they ripped me off..

A Ray

A RaySydney, NSW

Pickles Auction is Terrible to deal with.

Rex Andrews

Rex AndrewsSydney Surrounds, NSW

Trying to use this online site is too difficult.

I went online to see what was offering and found a vehicle that was of interest. It then started I had to log in and at sometime in the past there had been an attempt to purchase something from Pickles. So I typed in my email and a standard password that I use on sites similar to Pickles and it was accepted. The problem was that no way would Pickles accept me as a buyer. An absolute insult given my credit rating is spotless and more to the point Grays on Line have never rejected me in fact over the last 3 Years my Company has spent in excess of $500,000.00 with Grays and paid within 2 days of invoice date. To sum it up I will never attempt to go to Pickles on line site again.

Ricci

RicciSydney, NSW

Deceptive

MichaelAU

Dozens of items not listed on the condition report - Stay away from Pickles!!!!

Michael

Your manager sent me an email highlighting that Pickles do many things to increase asset value or saleability of vehicles and they did for the Honda that was bought.

Gareth O

Gareth OSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good product good service

I purchased a "Fixed Price" car through Pickles. I know they mainly do auctions, so perhaps there is an issue only with their auctions leading to the poor reviews here? I found Pickles to have genuinely helpful sales staff and the entire team were wholly professional throughout. My only issue was a minor fault with the car which Pickles diagnosed and rectified to my satisfaction immediately while I waited. Also they do not negotiate on Fixed Price vehicles, but I was still happy with what I paid.

funny way of auctioning

What these guys do id they have a secret reserve. Even though the vehicle might start at zero in an online auction, even if your the highest bidder, you still wont win the goods. I got a call saying that the vehicle didnt meet the reserve. They wanted more money to purchase the vehicle. I found this very misleading and told the fellow so. If you have a reserve then start the auction on the minimum you want. If it doesnt sell then the market is telling you your reserve is to high. Dont actually place a $0 start and then cry once it doesnt go high enough? They are using auction like marketing bait.

Jake

One of the dodgiest companies

They sold my vehicle without my permission, I went over seas for 10 days, and in that time they called me 3 times and emailed me once with a very under estimated quote on my vehicle for $1,500 than sold it for $4,000 the next day.

Jake

I was told by one of the reps that any communication between myself and pickles has to be through a lawyer, completely disgusted by the way I was treated, and laughed at when making the call. I will email information now.

Don't bother

Call they don't answer
Pay for item day before pick up send a tow truck he's sent away haven't received payment yet.
Send remittance as a regular buyer.
Never deal with again after 20 years of buying cars. What a joke.

Beny

BenyCanberra 2600, ACT

Providing false information

I purchased a Bmw 328i from Pickles Geebung Queensland. I was informed that the timeframe was 7-10 days delivery. Payment was direct deposit into Pickles account and cleared on the 15th of February. I was then informed that delivery date of the vehicle would be on the 6th of March.

MusahPerth, WA

Never to buy or recommend to someone

Very dishonest. Sold a car with a preexisting audio issues. Realised it just after paying for the car. They refused to rectify, though the sales guy thought it was morally wrong to refused to rectify since I just bought the vehicle and it's an expensive vehicle. They also admitted that it was a preexisting conditions but they won't fix it for me. Very disappointed.

Beware

I bought a caravan by online auction. I relied on their damage report and description. I then got it freighted over and discovered that there was damage that was not listed, parts were missing (stereo stripped out), fridge not working, and no keys. None of that was mentioned. They are refusing to compensate me for any of that. Given the massive fee they charge buyers this is pretty rude I think.

J Crawford

J Crawfordasked

My daughter had her vehicle sold by Pickles at Tamworth on the 2nd July only to be advised a week later the buyer had freighted it to Sydney but had pulled out of the sale because of a mechanical issue.
She was told the sale had been withdrawn and she was now being charged for the costs of the buyer transporting the vehicle to Sydney and return.
Now she has been notified she has an accrued fee of $924 with an additional storage fee of $66 each day it remains in the Pickles yard which they have told her they would waive if she picked the vehicle up by 18th August.
What part of the terms and conditions am I missing? I understand if I buy it’s on an ‘as is, where is’ basis with no guarantee or warranty.
Why is my daughter being bullied with these stand over tactics?

Paul

Paulasked

Why do you keep moving the auction date forward? Frustrated spending so much time to find items, making time to be online to bid only to find out the auction time has been changed.

Chad C.

Chad C.asked

I bet on a car by mistake and I won the bet how to cancel that

Hi Chad,

Thanks for the question.

Under the terms and conditions of participation at auction(s) all sales are final and there is no ability to cancel a sale. If you do not proceed with the sale then you stand to forfeit any deposit paid and are likely to be banned from participating at any future auctions.

Did you contact the branch immediately, and if so, what was their response?

Please email me your response (along with a copy of your invoice) directly to cx@pickles.com.au and I will review this for you.

Regards,