73%14%13%
Brand Manager for Pigeon? Claim your listing.

tigerlily
tigerlily69 posts

Terrible

I was given a couple of boxes of these, and after having used the Pigeon Premium BreastPads, I thought these would be similar and better, but I was VERY DISAPPOINTED. The material was very coarse, it caused me to itch and made my already sensitive breasts and nipples worse withing 2 hours of wearing! I ended up throwing out the whole lot, I didn't even have the guts to give it to my other breastfeeding friends! I don't know why the outerlayer is so inferior and cheap in quality compared to it's premium counterpart, but stay away from this product!
Slim, so not obvious under your bra
unfortable, coarse feel - you really should avoid if you have sensitive or sore nipples or breasts.
kking00
kking0012 posts

Good

Would use these again with next bub - some other pads were way to small and when they moved around I wouldn't notice then I would leak on to my clothes (not a good look!).
Large size which helps with coverage and it also means that they hardly move around - I found the size helped a lot compared to smaller ones. Very absorbant, and unlike other reviews I liked the individual packaging as it meant you could take only a couple with you (not the whole box) and know that they are still clean and safe to use for you and bub. I couldn't see them under any clothing I wore.
A little bit more expensive.
fionainparis
fionainparis87 posts

Good

The large box of 50 is a convenient size to buy for me. I find that the pads stay put and don't tend to move or bunch up compared to other brands I've tried. They absorb adequately for my needs but most importantly they don't make my skin itch. I'll buy them again.
As the name suggests, the Pigeon Ultra Slim nursing pads are really thin compared to other brands I've tried. They do absorb well and are quite large. They don't make my breast skin itch anywhere near as much as the Rite-Aid version.
I hate the individual packaging - I feel that it in unnecessary and annoying to have to open up. It creates so much waste plastic.
BKJCW
BKJCWMid North Coast, NSW16 posts

OK

These were a good breast pad avaliable in a good bulk amount at a good price, however, I found them of equal quality to the cheaper Rite-Aid pads. They are not the softest product out there and do have a tendancy to crease a little. I also found that they wern't sufficient for me overnight and I would end up leaking everywhere. If you are after something premium, go with something else, however, I would highly reccomend Rite-Aid as an alternative if you find these OK.
Thin. Well-priced.
More expensive than Rite-Aid but of comparable quality.
belcarps
belcarps14 posts

Bad

These pads are absorbant for thin pads but are annoying compared to the premium ones.They tend to crinkle up and move around in your bra.Quite often I would find I would end up looking like I had big lumpy breasts.WHen they crinkle milk tends to leak as well.Buy the premium ones instead.
Thin
They crinkle in your bra and go all lumpy.
beth207c
beth207c15 posts

Good

These breast pads are the ones I use all the time. Wearing white tops to work means that I need something that doesn't show through, and these are by far my first choice. The only thing they could improve on is the single sticky part. If it had 2 sticky parts, it wouldn't move around so much inside your bra, and then after feeding or expressing, it wouldn't be so hard to rearrange.
Pigeon Ultra Slims are great. They are thin enough so you cant see them if you are wearing a thin bra, and are also pretty absorbant.
They can feel a bit scratchy sometimes, and if you rub the outside of them, they sound really papery.
Sharne
SharneSydney, NSW6 posts

Good

These are the pads I use everyday and I would of course recommend them. Most days they are great but sometimes they lack in sufficient absorbency for my "fast flow breasts". I would like it if they were a little bigger (in diameter) and had two adhesive sections on each pad (like the premium version) but overall I have not found anything better. They are very similar to the Nuk pads that have the indicators on them (which I find redundant) but they are cheaper therefore they win out for me.
They are reasonably priced and reasonably absorbent whilst still being quite discreet
Can be lacking in absorbency, and they get a bit "crushed" when I fold my bra cup down for feeding.
samski
samski14 posts

i really like this product and after trying lots of breast pads, have found this to be the best for me. it is more expensive, and not as available as other brands but i feel that they are well worth it
really thin...not noticeable through clothes..stick in place..absorbant..soft and not bulky
more expensive..individually wrapped so not as good for environment
Brownbear
Brownbear32 posts

These are the best breast pads! I had to use breast pads through my whole 12months of breastfeeding due to highflow, and so I tried lots of brands. The reason I stuck with these is that they are the only ones big enough to cover my breasts adequately, and due to the sticky strip they don't move around like others. I never had any problem with them leaking. They are thin and nicely shaped so don't show through clothes much. I actually found them better than the premium ones as they are bigger in diameter and thinner.
Very absorbent; they stay in place; are large enough to cover big nipples; thin and lightly shaped so aren't really visible through clothes.
mcdenney
mcdenney4 posts

Good

I was pleasantly surprised by these breast pads. I bought them as a less expensive alternative to the Johnson's brand. While not quite as soft as the latter, they were soft enough. The are really absorbent and keep the nipples nice and dry. I leak quite a lot and these handled it with no problems at all. The adhesive strip keeps them in place well. My only real gripe is that they are individually wrapped. This seems a little excessive to me. But it does mean that you can easily just through a couple in your bag for emergencies.
Very absorbent. Thin. Stay in place.
Individually wrapped.
Mel77l
Mel77lSydney39 posts

Good

I was spoilt with the Pigeon Premium pads, so no breast pad seems to measure up in comparison. I switched to the ultra slims due to the better value for money, but they just don't size up to the Premium breast pads. Overall, though, they are as reliable as the Premium pads. I particularly like the absorbent filling which felt like a gel once it had absorbed any leaks, preventing clothes from getting wet.
Very absorbent. Seemed to draw the moisture away. Retained their shape when breastfeeding.
Large & round. The edges tended to sit outside of the bra, making it necessary to be particularly observant when placing them in the bra cup.
Fergly
Fergly3 posts

Good

Very absorbant breast pad, which expands as it becomes wet. Sits easily in bras and is not visible through your clothes unlike other brands I've tried. Often available in a large twin pack for a very competitive price from pharmacies.
Invisible through clothes

thin and very absorbant

easily placed in bra with adhesive strip

competitive price

inidividually packed for easy & clean transport

slimy
slimy10 posts

If you like these, try RiteAid pads. I think they are same product (they look pretty much the same and a couple of years ago, they looked exactly the same, even the picture on the sticker was the same. The design now is slightly different but the pad is the same.) They are half the cost.
These pads are slim and comfortable. They contain a liquid absorbing gel (like a disposable nappy) and hold a lot. They are individually packaged so you can carry spares in your bag. You can stick them to your bra so they don't move out of place.
They are one of the most expensive. No complaints about the quality - excellent.
gembyrne
gembyrneNSW, 210618 posts

I was using Pigeon Premium and then found these ones and I just preferred them so much more. They gave me piece of mind because of their shape and size. Quiet often there was promotion and you always seemed to get 4 free.
I loved the Size, shape, price of these pads. They were very comfortable and half I time I forgot I was wearing them. They were absorbent and discreet too. Ideal at night time and fitted over the breast and nipple area well.
Opening the individual wrappers; I always ended up tearing the pad as the plastic never parted easily.
katiejean
katiejean

A great product - the best I have found so far. These are the only breast pads I have found so far that suit larger breasts.
This product is slim and discreet. It has great absorbency drawing even heavy leaks away from the nipple. It's large size and waterproof backing mean no chance of embarressing moments. Being individually wrapped, the are hygenic and discreet to carry around in your hand bag / nappy bag, however I have only ever had to use one pair over any 24 hour period.
From memory these are one of the more expensive products on the market but are worth the extra.
Holly86
Holly869 posts

An excellent product that I would recommend to anyone. They are no dearer than any other nursing pad but are better by far.
It is very comfortable, soft and absorbent. Being so slim it is virtually invisible under most clothing. I have never had a leak with this pad even with engorged breasts. The large size does really well to protect you and the self adhesive strip is great to keep them in place. They are individually wrapped which is great for when you are going out and need to takes some spares with you.
This product is great. No cons.
Breast Pads & Products

Find out how Pigeon Ultra Slim compares to other Breast Pads & Products

happy_life
happy_lifeQLD, 481771 posts

I loved this breast pad the most. I tried allot of different brands and styles but I loved this the most. It wasn't to badly prices either. I never once leaked out of this pad. and even when I'd leaked allot and the pad was full, my engorged breasts didn't feel like it was taking up to much room in my bra. Very Comfortable.
slim, comfortable, gentle on sore and sensitive nipples. invisible under thin clothing
celzz
celzz83 posts

I loved this product. I first tried it as a sample that was given away with the breast pump I purchased and I went out a bought the large pack the next day! These ones are slim make it comfortable to wear all day. Though the slim design can be a problem for women with alot of leakage - but this would mean you'd change it more often. The waterproof backing allows the leakage to stop there and not saturate right through. The large size can be a little too big for some bras - so you may need to use a different brand for the smaller size at times. I recommend this brand to all mums!
Waterproof backing, slim, sticker to help it stay in place
A little large under some bras
tatsiana
tatsiana6 posts

I really like these pads! They are big enough even for heavy leaking and very thin. I always like to have some spare pads in my bag and it is very convenient that they are individually wrapped, so I don't need to take whole pack with me and worry about hygiene. they have adhesive strip, so you can be sure they stay in place and not going around your bra. Definitely recommend it
very absorbent, large enough. individually packed, so can be taken with you everywhere and you don't need to worry about hygiene
nothing, everything is perfect for me
mjgvss
mjgvss26 posts

OK

These are my second favourite disposable pad. Very handy when you need to feel confident that you aren't looking "lumpy". The individual plastic wrapping and slight scratchiness is annoying but not enough to make me not use them.
Discreet, if I'm wearing a fitted top I prefer these as they don't show through very much due to the fitted shape.
A bit scratchy around the edge but better than most other brands (except Avent), pricey and the individually wrapped idea is rotten when you've just gotten out of the shower and leaking is a problem.
virusfreak79
virusfreak7933 posts

Excellent product, will definitely continue to buy it and use it despite the cost.

If something better comes up, I might switch, but for now, this is the best product on the market.
I found these to be a lot better than the Avent pads I initially bought.

I like the large size and the fact that the shape of the pad in the middle avoids nipple rubbing which (for me) is very important due to soreness.

Very absorbent pads and stick on well.
Price - these are one of the more expensive pads.

The fact that they are individually wrapped can be annoying when you are in a rush.Depending on the type of the bra you are wearing, the top of the pad can sometimes be sticking out above the bra/top line.

Ladybeetle
Ladybeetle9 posts

Canuck
CanuckPerth, WA47 posts

Good

These are a good breast pad and will give you adequate protection against leaks. They are a bit pricey compared to some other brands. Can bunch up a bit with alot of movement. The quality is there though and you will likely be happy with what you've paid for.
Convenient, individually wrapped