Pigeon PP Wide Neck

Pigeon PP Wide Neck (page 3 of 5)

• Bottle LeakageYes (2) · No (11)

TheFerz

TheFerzRivervale

Slow and steady, but all for no leaks and no fuss

Used a tonne of bottles from all corners of the globe to try and get the right one for the baby, or at least ensure he can learn to drink from anything short of clasped hands.

These worked from the get go, simple with less parts than some other fiddly products, decent size bottles hold more than the run of the mill 120-125 ml bottles, meaning less top up feeds.

Has become my go to bottle when on the run, and the one I offer up for others to feed him, as it is really fool proof, unlike others which need a knack to use.
Easy to clean, but a little more expensive than others - well worth a purchase if on special, or shelling out up front for an almost failsafe feed.

SACMum

SACMumAU

Perfect for my second bub

I know bottle is depend on the child. My second one doesn't take any bottles. I've tried all brand all types and finally tried this one after reading people's review. She took it straight away. Easy to clean. Good size not too wide as other brand.

Yummym88

Yummym88Gold Coast

Fantastic Bottles, no leaking and very easy to clean! Bub loves them!

These bottles are absolutely fantastic. They are extremely easy to clean and sterilise and bubba loves holding onto them to feed himself. They do not leak like most bottles on the market. They are a little bit more expensive than other bottles but its definitely worth it!

Jimbo

JimboAU

This is perfect 100%

Had to switch bottles from the 'mainstream' garbage that Avent was manufacturing and these Pigeon bottles/teats works perfect for us. Unlike Avent these do not leak, neither from the screw or from baby's mouth, and teat doesn't collapse either. The teat fits perfectly in baby's mouth, unlike Avent which is hourglass shaped which causes the leak from side of baby's mouth. In short, these are great stuff. Just stay away from Avent.

Mye

MyeSydney, NSW

Spill-free

PZapp

PZappGold Coast

Closest to breast shape

Every case is different but, they were recommended by my lactation consultant. If you want to breastfeed and bottle feed EBM (useful when having twins) they will minimize nipple confusion and dramas when breastfeeding. My twins feed with no problems, very different when I use the regular Avent teats. They're easy to find at the chemist.
Shape, texture, fits Avent wide neck bottles.

joeyjodes

joeyjodesGerroa

Leaks

I initially loved these bottles after trying several different brands for my baby boy. He took to the bottles well and had no problems sucking the teat as he did with some of the other brands, however two months on and these bottles have started leaking through the air valve in the teat. it is incredibly frustrating, messy and of course a big waste of milk.
Easy for baby to adapt to from breast feeding
Leaks and as another reviewer said, it is very hard to read the measurements on some of the bottles because they are clear and embossed, instead of the red print.

Mummatwins

MummatwinsPerth

Best teat & bottle.

My twins wouldn't take any other bottles. I have tried it all..... Dr brown, Avent, Tommee tippee and Nuk my bubs would cry and refuse to take a bottle.

They are 2 months old and use Y teat. S teat is too slow since they are hungry babies. It's great when they are sleepy and only suck what they need... No more chocking!!

Hard to read measurement on bottle

Moggy

MoggyAdelaide

Working well

As I've started some formula we went looking for the best bottle and the lady at the chemist recommended this. We only use for about 1 feed per day but have found that it works fine and doesn't disrupt the breastfeeding routine. It looks better than the cheaper ones like NUK too.

G.K

G.KMackay

A-MAZ-ING!

If you have a fuss pot breastfeed baby and you would like to have access to the occasional bottle feed like I did, then absolutely try this bottle first! We've spent a fortune and lots of tears trying to get our 2 month old to use a bottle, we tried TT Closer to nature, Medela Calma, Nuk, Woolworths select brand bottle and a generic teat that came with my breastpump (Unimom) with absolutely no luck, not even one suck on any of them.
This was our 6th bottle we tried and she latched on nearly straight away - I was totally gobsmacked! I was really starting to loose hope it wasn't going to happen.

Cathryn

Cathryn

Peristalitic plus: The reason my baby took the bottle

joey2402payne

joey2402payneSydney

Fantastic bottle!

my exclusive breastfeed baby only likes this bottle. As a last attempt (after trying avent, tommee tippee and dymples brand) my 11 week old finally takes a bottle. both my sons have been big boobie boys and hated the bottle. But this time i have to return to work at 6 months, so i was getting very stressed that he wouldnt take a bottle. We tried many types and different people. he would scream the house down. This bottle is great, affordable, easy to get at chemist and easy to clean. (tommee tippee was much harder to clean) he is using 0-3 Small teat at the moment and attached well with minimal burping or gas.

definately worth trying for stubborn breastfeed babies :)
affordable, baby latched well, easy to clean

karensyd

karensydAU

Best bottle and teats for breastfeeding babies

I had two lactation consultants recommend these bottles to me when we needed to mix feed, and the reason they recommended them is because of the Peristaltic teats which means the baby has to latch and suck as they would on the breast. Our little bub has had no hesitation using these bottles, but a different brand we tried first he wouldn't even try to latch on to. I also haven't had any problems with leakage and as with all things related to baby feeding, just follow the instructions which means making sure that you use the key on the air holes every time you wash the teats as that prevents the teats collapsing.
Peristaltic teats good for breastfeeding babies

uheartmevs
uheartmevs

Great bottles and teats that work for me and my baby

With bottles and teats, it's about what babies prefer and what works so for me, every parents have different preference. For my 2nd child, I bought both standard and wide neck bottle to complement the Mag Mag transitional system. I didn't have any problem with switching between breast and bottle since I started using them (when baby was 1-2 weeks old with breastmilk). Baby liked the bottle very much so. I don't have any problem with cleaning, collapsing teat or whatsoever. Pigeon is a reputable company and I've been buying their other products. So far, they works for me.
Inexpensive, easy to clean, complements Mag Mag Step 1&2

Roreto007

Roreto007NSW, 2150

I would buy these bottles and teats over any other brand

i bought the Wide Neck Bottles in 240ml and i find them to be the most airtight and leak-free when i compare it to 2 other brands i own. the soft silicone perilstatic teats are a winner with my little guy as they seem easier for him to use as some other bottle brands have much bigger teats.
it was recommended to me by tresillian and i have to agree these bottles/teats are the best

Kelly96

Kelly96AU

Love it....

I have tried several bottles with my 5 month old breastfed boy but he would fuss and get upset. After reading several reviews about the pigeon bottle I was excited to try him on it. He did fuss for a few minutes but then actually drank from it. YAY YAY YAY!
Well priced, real like teats
He does get a little bit of air while drinking from it

rachaeljoy

rachaeljoyAU

The best bottles and teats!

My lactation consultant recommended pigeon wide neck bottles with peristaltic teats for my partly breast fed baby as they most closely resemble a human nipple.
These were by far the best bottles that I tried. Well designed, no leakage, my baby liked them. The pigeon teats also fitted the Avent bottles that I already owned.
As the teats aged they started to stick together as my baby sucked so I had to keep removing the teat from her mouth to let air bubble into the bottle before I could continue. I probably should have replaced the teats as this did not occur until after a long period of use.

missailsakate

missailsakateNSW, 2068

This product seemed to solve our bottle rejection issue

We tried everything to get our baby to take the bottle. She finally took the bottle with these teats. To test whether it was in fact the teat that was the magic detail, I tried her with a couple of other ones and she went back to rejection mode!!
The peristaltic motion seemed to make it more acceptable to my breastfed baby
Quite expensive and you need to keep the little supplied poking stick handy because sometimes the teat collapses mid-feed.

CassKelly

CassKellyAUCKLAND

Got my breastfed baby to take a bottle!

My now 4 month old baby hates anything that isn't boob in her mouth! Won't take a bottle, or a dummy, however with the Pigeon bottle there was no hesitation, she latched on straight away and loved it! Very nice bottle, light, wide neck do easy to prepare, no leakage. Fantastic, highly recommend!

Jean0202

Jean0202MELBOURNE

Best bottle for feeding baby

Pigeon bottles are made of glass or plastic. Their teats are excellently shaped to help baby get onto the bottle. Start with the S flow. The Y flow is for when they are 6+ months. It is a variable flow teat and perfect when he is tired and wants to suck really hard to get the milk down. The bottles are made such that he has never sucks the teat flat which happens with another brand that we have been using. The bottles and teats can be bought at pharmacies.
Auto airflow, Good handbag sizes, Easy to clean