Pine O Cleen Liquid Disinfectant

Kay gasked

Does multi purpose cleaner and disinfectant kill covud19 on surfaces

MargLevin
MargLevin

I checked Pineocleen spray too. I believe it DOES NOT KILL VIRUSES. These products clean a surface, so that it can be disinfected better, by something else.

Having tried and researched so much, I now have methylated spirits in a spray bottle (cheap). Glen 20 spray has also saved my sanity, as I simply spray it on some products that I put in my fridge. (I do however worry about the chemicals and it is costly.)

Disinfectant also has to be left on a surface for ten minutes or so. It is best to ensure the surface is dry later too.

Supermarket items that I don't need to put in my fridge, are not touched for three days, due to the virus remaining on cardboard for one day and on plastic for three days.

Josine

Josineasked

Could l use pine o cleen eucalyptus antibacterial disinfectant as a hand wash?

Fired Up

Depends what it says on the label

mary micallef

mary micallefasked

does pino clean kill corona viros from surfaces

Found on the web.
“ Using surface cleaning and disinfectant products (e.g. wipes and sprays) with active ingredients of Benzalkonium Chloride (>0.05%); Accelerated hydrogen peroxide (>0.5%); Chloroxylenol (>0.12%); or Alcohol (>60%).”

Win. D

Win. Dasked

does this kill the corona virus?

Karen S.asked

In what country is Pine-o-clean manufactured? Is it China? As the bottle doesn't say, so I assuming that it is.

Emily Jane C.
Emily Jane C.

It doesn’t matter if it is. No known cases of people getting corona from touching items - it’s passed directly from person to person. Also it takes 3-6 weeks for anything to get here from China. The virus doesn’t live that long. Don’t ask random people online for advice or listen to people trying to make drama, social media - it’s all unscientific rubbish. Get your info from aust department of health and world health organisation websites. Plus 80% of even severely at risk people - medically diagnosed immune suppressed and elderly - survive Covid. You’re going to get a nasty cold for a couple of weeks and then be fine. Why is everyone acting like it’s 1100ad and this is the plague???

Karen S.

Not my point. I’m avoiding buying products made in China. If there isn’t an Aussie made alternative, I’ll do without.

TREVOR S.
TREVOR S.

Pine o cleen is made in australia

Helen S.

Helen S.asked

Can you make a diluted solution to use in a spray bottle for kitchen surfaces etc? It says on bottle to discard unused diluted solution?? Please advise

Autafa O

Probably best to ask Pine O Clean directly. As per my original blog I always use it undiluted in my spray bottle

Rita C.

Rita C.asked

If the instructions say undiluted does it need to add water in a spraybottle

Autafa O

The contents say Hospital Grade, The instructions to get it to household grade without getting my own Pine O Clean out is 20 parts water to one part Pine O Clean. It is up to the consumer what parts water to dilute Pine O Clean with if any..
I understand some supermarkets are now using hospital grade disinfectants to clean their stores

Marci

Marciasked

Does Pine O Clean kill the current Corona Virus? And should it be used diluted on surfaces if so?

Alison

I have googled this same question. I have not read any website that says Pine O Cleen will kill the virus. Bleach, Isocol and Hydrogen Peroxide work best but each have their own limitations depending on what surface your cleaning.

See below an exert fromhttps://www.consumerreports.org/cleaning/common-household-products-that-can-destroy-novel-coronavirus/

...Bleach
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends a diluted bleach solution ( cup bleach per 1 gallon of water or 4 teaspoons bleach per 1 quart of water) for virus disinfection. Wear gloves while using bleach, and never mix it with amonia or anything, in fact, except water. (The only exception is when doing laundry with detergent.)

“Bleach works great against viruses,” Sachleben says. Just don’t keep the solution for longer than a few days because bleach will degrade certain plastic containers.

Bleach can also corrode metal over time, so Sachleben recommends that people not get into the habit of cleaning their faucets and stainless steel products with it. Because bleach is harsh for many countertops as well, you should rinse surfaces with water after disinfecting to prevent discoloration or damage to the surface.

Isopropyl Alcohol
Alcohol solutions with at least 70 percent alcohol are effective against coronavirus. Do not dilute the alcohol solution. Alcohol is generally safe for all surfaces but can discolor some plastics, Sachleben says.

Hydrogen Peroxide
According to the CDC, household (3 percent) hydrogen peroxide is effective in deactivating rhinovirus, the virus that causes the common cold, within 6 to 8 minutes of exposure. Rhinovirus is more difficult to destroy than coronaviruses, so hydrogen peroxide should be able to break down coronavirus in less time. Pour it undiluted into a spray bottle and spray it on the surface to be cleaned, but let it sit on the surface for several minutes.

Hydrogen peroxide is not corrosive, so it’s okay to use it on metal surfaces. But similar to bleach, it can discolor fabrics if you accidentally get in on your clothes. “It’s great for getting into hard-to-reach crevices,” Sachleben says. “You can pour it on the area and you don’t have to wipe it off because it essentially decomposes into oxygen and water.”

UPDATE..
I just found a document extract that states (if I'm reading it correctly) Pine O Cleen does actually kill coronavirus. So does Glen 20.

Paula P.
Paula P.

I was looking for the same information. Thanks for your reply here, it's very helpful;)

UPDATE..

noahe0140

noahe0140asked

Can Pine O Clean kill plants

Stina

Stinaasked

IS It safe to use on floors with a crawling baby when diluted with hot water?

Kelly H.

Kelly H.asked

can washing bed lien in pine o clean cause a itchy rash

Denise

I'm not expert but I suppose if you've just added a little to your wash water for disinfecting, I don't think so. I'm wondering about your washing powder. A new brand that you've never used before? Sometimes the best thing for washing is very simply use 3/4s of what they say to use and 1/2 cup of white vinegar and that'll do the trick. Less is more. If still worried re rash, see a doctor. Maybe an antihistamine will help. I state again I'm no expert, just someone who has washed for 50 years. Good luck.

Deidre

Deidreasked

Is it safe for septic tanks

Julia

Juliaasked

Can pine o cleen be used to disinfect dishes?

Denise

Simple answer is yes. However a thorough wash with hot water and detergent would do.

Graeme S

I would prefer to use hot water and dishing washing liquid. As per the person before me answered.

Kylie

Kylieasked

I cant seem to buy this atm coles and Woolworths say unavailable..whats happening with supply?

Mati T

Mati Tasked

is it safe to use on a sore?

Graeme S

I personally would not use it on a sore. This disinfectant is used mainly for cleaning purposes. I would suggest Detol Antiseptic solution on a sore.

shootingstar

Dettol maybe but i totally agree with the other comment it's for cleaning.
Maybe best to ask at a chemist.

Mere

Mereasked

Is it ok to disinfect clothing as a soaker?

shootingstar

Supposedly so, i havent tried it. Dr chemical.com.au has some information on it.
Small amount of dettol maybe better or Eucalyptus oil.

kerrie
kerrie

No it's not suitable for clothes soaking . Try a eucalyptus soaker that will kill 99.9 percent of germs .
I find that if I add 2 capfuls of eucalyptus oil to my wash that does the trick , and it's also great to add when washing your bedding.

Get an answer from our members and Pine O Cleen representatives