Pirelli Cinturato P1

Pirelli Cinturato P1 Questions & Answers

MPNs:3660976-P, 3661377 and 3661428
Brand Manager for Pirelli? Claim your listing.
Matt
Matt

Is it an asymetrical pattern?

Aranciata-oz
Aranciata-oz

kmac
kmac

How do P1's compare to P7's?

Joe
Joe

I don't know. I haven't had the P7's.

Swaran
Swaran

Hi is the tyre make any noise on freeway?

Rob
Rob

I didn't notice any extra noise from these tyres when compared to others on my 2013 Toyota Corolla 4 door sedan, but then again I always drive with my windows closed and the AC on.

These tyres give a very comfortable ride and grip the road well in wet and dry conditions as well as lots of KM and I will buy these tyres again.

Dazza
Dazza

Hello Swaran, no the Pirelli tyre is surprisingly quite on the freeway when I purchased mine I thought they would be quite driving around my local area but after having the tyres on for 4 or 5 days I drove on the freeway for about 1 hour 30 mins and i was totally surprised with the lack of noise and the handling of my car with the new Pirelli tyres. I Hope this helps you Swaran.

Mieftaah
Mieftaah

Is this a directional or non directional tyre?

Old racer
Old racer

NON DIRECTIONAL, Had a set on my MB c200k for 50k before selling the car

excellent value for money, quiet and smooth ride...great tyre at the price (I've done over 50 yrs driving)

morgan

After a long trip some rough road including there are some clear white mark on the side of the tyre, if l keep drive a same long trip about 450km. Is it ok? How that why mark come from? Should l replace them as soon as possible ? Thanks

Bruce McAllister
Bruce McAllister

Sorry I'm not a tyre expert - you would need to talk to either Pirelli direct or try one of their agents - but bear in mind their object may be to sell you more tyres - if it was me, & I needed to get new tyres I doubt I would consider Pirelli again

morgan

Thanks anyways, it should be fine.

Fred Nurk
Fred Nurk

What is the performance difference between P1 and P7?

JGow

I couldn't tell you, sorry; haven't had much experience with the P7, only this and a few P Zeros

John
John

Wat the different with China and Europe P1 cinturato?

Chris, Brisbane.

Probably no difference at all. The factories are owned by the tyre companies so if you have faith in the brand it shouldn't matter where the factory is located. Having a quick look at my P1's I couldn't see where they were manufactured but at the end of the day I don't care. As I've posted previously, next time I'll be returning to Michelin XM2's only because for me, the ride is better but I have no idea where they are manufactured either.

Aqua
Aqua

Just remember that even premium tyre manufacturers including Yokohama, Bridgestone, Michelin, Pirelli, Continental etc have manufacturing facilities all over the planet and from my experience it doesn't matter where it's made as the manufacturing process and safety controls are identical - it's the actual tyre model you're looking at aka whether it's a budget brand aka Bob Jane or premium Michelin and what the tyre is made for - the high km guarantee tyres are much harder compounds and deliver more kms but very poor grip in the wet whereas soft compounds wear quickly - add power and weight aka a powerful engined rear wheel drive sedan and they can be completely worn in 15,000kms for the rear tyres however the grip you'll experience in softer compounds is amazing - especially when cornering in wet/cold conditions.

JGow

The geographical location, as well as the atmospheric conditions and time of day all play a part in how the compound sets. The tyres arent manufactured in strict atmospherically controlled conditions.

Racing drivers can notice differences with tyres made in the same factory on different days, so generally elect for a set to have come from the same batch, if possible.

Most road driving conditions many probably wouldn't notice a difference.

Dan

where are the Cinturato P1 Verde made ? China ? if yes since When ?

Rocket2626
Rocket2626

From what I can see China. That is from Google. Would have to check my tyres.

Dan

Then should I question the quality of these tyres ?

Chris, Brisbane.

My eyesight is not good enough to read the tiny print on thr sidewall so I have no idea where they are manufactured. However I've now had them on my Toyota Aurion now for 40,000km and they have plenty of tread left. As I said in my review they are outstanding in wet conditions and I believe that they're a very good tyre except that the ride is a bit firm. For this reason alone I will return to Michelin XM2's next time.

Dan

Thanks for your answers :)

I have meanwhile checked on Google (main Pirelli plant is in China) and at my retailer's store: the ones I'll buy are made in Turkey

Jonathon Neill

Does Anyone know if the Pirelli P1 will go well on a large high powered car? i have seen good reviews for small/medium cars but nothing about a large car. Tyre size i am looking at is 245/35 19 on a Ford G6E Turbo

robo
robo

i would suspect they would be quite good, on my mazda 6 it's impossible to break traction in the dry, and are very good in the wet. We also put them on our slk350, which has a lot more powerful, they are excellent and are likely to increase Tyre life, as compared to a super sticky bridgestone, we were lucky to get 20k out of the tyres. and the price at tyrepower for a 245/50/17 was $250 fitted could not go wrong

Jonathon Neill

With the Dunlop Sports max, i was lucky to get 15k to the tyres, i am looking for better life, but also something to hande 1.8ton and 300bhp+ going through them. i think i will give then a shot

daftendirekt

I've since travelled ~20k km on them, although in a medium sized low-powered front drive vehicle, and I still have enough tread for at least another 30k km at the current rate of wear. So yes, I would recommend if you're looking for a decent performing tyre without the payoff of a short life-span. Certainly a lot more than the 15k km you've experienced with the Dunlops.

Big Jim
Big Jim

Jonathon, I am interested to see if you are happy with the performance of the Pirelli's, I've got the same G6E Turbo?

chetnik
chetnik

I also have a G6E Turbo and I replaced the original Dunlops with Dunlpos again and they didn't last very long plus they produce too much road noise and tram track very bad (like most directional tyres). I put a set of the P1's on and have gotten 45k out of the which is very good because my car is also modified (280kw at wheels). I am now putting a second set of P1's. They are quiet on the road, and grip really well even thou they are on the tread indicators.

spark
spark

Can yo tell me if there is much preformance and ride differances between Pirelli Cinturato P1 and Pirelli P6 tyers?

JW19
JW19

I honestly could not tell the difference between the two - the Cinturato P1 actually replaces the P6 previously on the car. It's as quiet, if not quieter, good grips as well both in wet and dry.

daftendirekt

Hi Spark. Sorry mate I couldn't tell you as I've no experience with the P6's. If you were considering the P1's I'd go right ahead, they're a good all-rounder.

millionsofmyles
millionsofmyles

The P1's are better than the plain P7's (not the Cinturato's) then P7's were the model up from the P6's. There's your answer.

john2793
john2793

Need new tires for a Volvo XC70 AWD wagon, currently have Pirelli scorpion zero asummertico 235/50R 18 97V. I bought the car 2nd hand six months ago with above tires. Spoke with Volvo who recommend the same tire but the dealer feels P1 Cinturato is a better match for the car at a lower price. Can you advise best option please

daftendirekt

Hi john2793. I think that you would be happy with these tyres, I have been for the past few weeks and 10,000km. My car has 205/55 R16 size fitted, which the tyre dealership (Tyrepower) charged me $155 a tyre fitted and balanced. Unless you're looking to spend $50 or more a corner more these are quite agreeable as an all rounder for braking, wet & dry grip, and noise suppression.