Pirelli Cinturato P7

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling

Out of Round Tyre - Manufacturing Defect

Purchased 4 tyres for my Audi TT Quattro - After 13000 km one rear tyre was causing vibrations - had the tyre rebalanced at the retailer but was too far out of round due to manufacturing fault. Reported to Pirelli but they made it clear that after 13000 km I was on my own. Pirelli don't stand by their product - 13000km from a tyre on an Audi TT is pathetic. Going back to Michelin - shouldn't have changed. This sort of problem doesn't occur very often - but if your unlucky and have bought Pirelli's then your on your own.

Purchased in November 2017 for A$275.00.

Noise Level

Car2017 BMW X3 2.0d
Adrienne M

Adrienne MSydney

What a joke!

Recently bought a new car 7 months ago. A small puncture could be repaired effortless. Then I had the rotten luck of driving near a construction site and sizeable piece of glass got wedged in one tyre. Whilst drive flats imply you can drive for 80 kms, I had no confidence undoing so. Finally got it towed on a Saturday only to be able to pick it up on a Tuesday afternoon with a completely new tyre for $500. I hardly think drive flats are worth this. Not happy, not impressed with the next car will not buy drive flats.

Car2017 Mercedes Benz
Passenger Tyres

Find out how Pirelli Cinturato P7 compares to other Passenger Tyres

Asehgalasked

I am a newbie to this and seek suggestions to run-flat tyres, if you can advice on them.

I have to buy new run-flat tires for my Lexus IS 300 (225/45/17). The tires that came fitted on the car were Bridgestone ER033 (Costco selling at $190) and they crashed out at under 30k kms. My searching around has given me options to look at Michelin PS4 (expensive $260/- in the list), Pirelli P 7 (less expensive). My drive is mostly within city. I am not savvy with these things so asking for. Any suggestions will help me.

Andrew W
Andrew W

Hi Asehgal. I am not qualified to answer your question. I bought the Pirellis because of their wet weather handling. They are softer and handle very well on wet roads but the have a shorter life-span compared to other tyres. To me handling is more important than life-span - Tyres are your life as they connect the car to the road surface.

Asehgal

Thanks Andrew. I agree with the safety issue. Roughly how much mileage you got and were they noisy after 50% wear/tear as some reviews claim to be?

Will C.

Will C.asked

Where are the pirelli cinturato p7 tyres in
Which country?

Colin W
Colin W

Australia

Ianasked

What tire pressure for 235x45x18 p7 please?

Rab
Rab

The pressure is specific to a vehicle. So if you look on the driver door (where the door shuts) there should be a chart that tells you what pressure on which tyre

Not what im hearing from 3 diff tire companies but thanks any way from 36 to38

mastoi
mastoi

generally higher PSI means better wear and handling, also fuel consumption, but too high can result in a blowout.

CategoryPassenger Tyres