Pirelli Scorpion ATR

Pirelli Scorpion ATR (page 2 of 5)

4.2

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
  • Off-Roading Frequency

Great all rounder

Replaced original tires last year with the ATR. Having just completed an outback trip, including the full length of the Oodnadatta Track, this tyre is an exceptional all rounder for the disco. Great road holding on the bitumen, and equivalent stopping in the wet compared to the more road going standard tyres. We have done some pretty serious offroad work in them, and they are very strong - took all manner of beating! On the dirt tracks at speed (70/80kmh) they performed very well. There are not a lot of options for the disco given their 19inch size, so i would definately recommend these. Also bought at BobJane (Moorabbin) - best deal and service.

Car2014 Land Rover Discovery 4
Al_30

Al_30South East Queensland, QLD

Can’t fault them so far very comfortable ride

My 2015 pathfinder drives equally as well as the factory standard continentals less roll around the corners. These tyres were suggested by the tyre place after I had already replaced front tyres at 10,000ks due to extreme wear on outside edges widerr tyre with thicker tread hopefully get at least 40,000ks out of these so far very happy

Car2015 Nissan pathfinder
PaulB

PaulBPerth

Perfect for what we needed

Although the service provider was substandard the tyres were perfect.
We have had these on the vehicle for 5 years now and they are coming to end of life. Although one was chewed out due to an alignment issue, the tyres were perfect.
There was no road noise, off-road was a dream and handled soft sand, corrugation and wet roads without an issue.
after 5 years the rubber is starting to split but they are just legal.
I will be purchasing these again.

CarToyota Kluger 4WD, 2006

Fossie1Adelaide

ATR's on a Forester

Noise Level
Fossie1

Longevity is good. Took them on a trip to snow around Mt Buffalo and Mt Hotham in the ice and snow. Mainly slush with a bit of ice but they were great. The Forester does seem to love them. Can't recommend highly enough.

AZZY

AZZY

Great Quality

I Got this product a year ago and most of my time I am driving, but there are hardly any damages to my tyre sole.
It still looks brand new, No Threads are out, Run very well on Road.
I would rate it a 4 out of 5.
Different stores have different prices

CarHyundai Sonata
Jose Melo

Jose MeloSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just did a 10,000 Km plus trip round Australia with them.

Just had plenty of testing on my 265/16R. Drove fine on both dirt and paved roads, they managed to get me through the Great Central Road without any issues, managed plenty of rain up the Bruce Highway too and always felt safe. After I replaced the Kumho's which were with the car when I bought it the driving became a lot more stable on the highway.

Car2012 Nissan Patrol GU
Jono M

Jono MNSW, 2250

Perfect so far!

Got these put 10,000Kms ago and they have been perfect. Very quiet compared to the Factory fitted Dunlops and good in the wet too. I get them rotated every 10k kms and I check the pressures regularly. I run 40-42 psi all the time to make sure I get the most Km's possible. I'm hoping to 80-100,000kms so we'll see! Good for the price too!

CarToyota Landcruiser Prado 2010 GXL
Moi

MoiBrisbane

So far so good

Car2013 Nissan Navara D22
happy campers

happy campersbrisbane

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I bought our 4x4 it had brigestone, ht, after 10,000 kms, got rid of them too slippery in the wet so I bought a full set of pirelli scorpion atr, well what a change in handling and in the wet they hung on as if the road was dry, on the sand very good[20psi] in the mud good.

CarCHALLENGER[2011]

Bandzior

BandziorQueensland, 4169

Great performance but...

Fantastic performance when new fitted in my Pajero NT. Unfortunately after some 20.000 kms tread started to disintegrate. I've done some 10-15% of gravel driving and towed a caravan. Always with correct pressures. One tyre damaged on the Gibb River Road - puncture of side wall. Overall not bad but I'm looking for an alternative for my next set.

CarPajero NT
bobby

bobby

Great tyres.

I started out with a new set of 265x60x17R Pirelli Scorpion ATR which had really great grip on the roads and when it rained, the grip was unbelievable. When I put the 4WD into all wheel drive mode, it did not matter what type of handling I threw at it, the 4WD refused to lose traction. Handled dirt gravel with ease. Over all the performance was above all expectations.

Car2007 Pajero NS Exceed
Kendall

KendallSouth East Queensland, QLD

Transformed my car

Car2014 Land Rover Discovery 4.5
mj5

mj5Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic

we have always put Pirelli tyres on our cars no matter which ones they were and they have always lasted more than their tyre life should be the treads are fantastic on road but we have them rotated every 5000 klms to keep them at the same gauge this has been a must do to keep them lasting longer and the better safer drive, they might be a little more expensive but you get what you pay for like buying good leather shoes for us the tyres have to be too they carry us and the family on them. Get the best.

CarMazda 323 Protage'
Wojtek

WojtekPerth, WA

Great tyre for highway and off-road driving

Spent a lot of time researching tyres to replace the original equipment Dunlop Grandcrap and found that tyre stores try to sell you tyres depending on which tyre company rep gave them the most promotional stuff (mainly Cooper, Goodyear or Falken). Finally got an honest opinion from a tyre shop that confirmed what I was looking for - this is a good highway driving tyre that will handle off road work (within reason). Last thing anyone needs is to spend lots of $$$ on a noisy road tyre only to use it on a gravel car park when visiting wineries. Big difference in the way the car drives - very smooth and fantastic grip on poor quality sealed roads. These have handled wet gravel tracks with aplomb. So far so good!

Car2013 Landcruiser Prado VX
Libba

LibbaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Nice, comfortable ride and good handling.

Great tyres. Quiet, comfortable and nice ride. I'm very happy so far. As I've only had them on for a short period, I will reserve my decision until later in the journey, but for the period that I have had them on, they have seemed to be a great choice. I did a fair bit of searching and comparisons too. Value for money at present.

CarJeep Commander 2008

Phil J

Phil JCanberra 2600, ACT

Okay but bad understeer

I bought a set of Scorpion ATRs for my CX-5 as I wanted more durable tyres for regular dirt road driving. They fit the bill and handle dirt roads very well. However I've experienced some alarming instances of understeer on bitumen both in the wet and dry, thankfully only at low speeds. I've done maybe 20,000 on them so far and they're wearing very well so will probably get another 50,000 + out of them, which is a hassle as the CX-5 doesn't do as many dirt kms as it use to as I now have a 4wd ute. All in all they're okay, but I hate having that lack of confidence in them due to some occasional understeer.

CarMazda CX-5
Asteri

Asteri

The Perfect ATR tyre

Board the Pirelli Scorpion ATR from TyrePower as recommended tyre and fitted on my X-trail 2012 diesel. Have been on sand and gravel and on highway of course.
On the highway the Scorpion ATR is quite like highway tyres.
Off road, the are not mud tyres so respect what the tyre is made for and happy days.

CarNISSAN X-trail 2.0 Diesel 2012
Kathie

Kathie

An Excellent Tyre

CarLandrover Discovery
Danny

DannyHobart, TAS

Excellent Mileage

I did 90000km on these tyres without one issue. I replaced them as they were 6 years old and starting to go hard otherwise they would have easily done 100000km. Mainly used on bitumen with very little off road use so cant really comment on their 4wd use.Overall an excellent tyre.

Car2006 Nissan Navara SD22
timberau

timberauBrisbane

20ks so far, Cape York and back, good on road and sand, not too bad in the tough stuff

Car2007 Toyota Land Cruiser Wagon