Pirelli Scorpion ATR

Pirelli Scorpion ATR (page 4 of 5)

4.2

VickiGSydney, NSW

Worn out tread pattern inner and outer edges of tyre within 30K

CarKia Sorento 2008

Best set of tyres i have had over 45 years of driving

I purchased 5 Pirelli Scorpion ATR's, 285x70xr17 just on 5 years ago to replace the original tyres on my Landcruiser 100 series from Nedlands Tyre Co, in Nedlands WA.
The original tyres had only done 62,000 kms when I put the new Pirelli's on. Now at 182,000 kms, over 120,000 kms, still estimate another 15,000 kms at least before I need to replace.
They have performed in wet, dirt, sand and any environment, as well as having towed a 3 ton Jayco for over 40,000 kms.
could not fault the performance, however, have religiously rotated all 5 every 10,000kms.
would not hesitate to recommend to anyone for longevity and performance across the board.

Cheers

David Pires

CarLandcruiser 100 series Turbo Diesel 2005

Awesome Tyres

I bought a brand new Triton GLX-R in 2010, I do approximately 40klm'snper annum, after two years the OEM were replaced with these tyres, I have covered nearly 110,000klm's with still another 10,000 klm's to go, I towed a 3500kg boat and have done some serious off road and never ever did they fail me.
They would be the best A/T tyre I have had in the last 22 years that I have owned from a Discovery, Cayenne and now the Triton. On the road and in the wet they grip like a high performance tyre.
Recommend them to anyone.

CarMitsubishi Triton

Finally replace my HT

Cartriton
william

Recently one tyre sidewall demaged due to after off road few times:(

Possibly it's not designed for heavy-duty off road but good on sand and high way.

Value 1st

Value 1stGold Coast

I would buy again, these tyres worked well for me

Put 5 new Scorpions on my 2012 Pajero NW after the original tyres lasted 45K to my great disgust. Sold the Vehicle at 116k, still tread left for a possible 5K or more. Towed a 1700Kg caravan for at least 20K during their use and a small amount of Off road. Never had a problem with the tyres breaking traction and they were quiet in use. Purchased at Kmart, cheapest quote, and all the tyres were rotated at 10K intervals for free by Kmart, part of their service. Ran the tyres between 35-40 psi and had good fuel consumption.

Car2012 Pajero NW

Worst Tire Ever

Absolute worst tire I have ever driven on!! Will never own another set!! When it's cold outside they shake & jar everything & everyone to death! The only reason I've had them this long is because I am waiting on them to wear out!! Also a very noisy tire, they cup up very bad. I have had them rotated, balanced & everything else!! Save your hard earned money!!

Car2014 Ford Edge Sport

Pretty happy.

235/75R15 on 99 Courier Duel Cab td 4x4. 70k over three years and ready for new set. FNQ roads. Mostly road use. Dirt, 4wd, good performance in all conditions, wet, farm, rocky, No side wall probs, good under load 2t trailer, heavy tray. Not one puncture! Steer well, happy would buy again, checking other reviews.

CarFord courier '99 duel cab TD 4X4.

Very good tyre for all round use.

I have had 3 sets of Pirelli Scorpion ATR LT 265/75/16, first set was on a Jeep Wrangler and now i'm one my second set on my current Triton ute that has a hydraulic tail lifter fitted and is used as an express courier vehicle travelling over 4,500 km's on some trips to mines and power stations etc and on all types of roads and tracks, I also tow my caravan with this vehicle. I have 85,000 km's on the current set (with 5,000 to 10,000 km's still to go) they've been continually rotated at approx 15,000 to 20,000 km's and I have never had a problem with the handling, braking or carrying heavy loads on all roads and tracks, wet or dry.

Car2010 Mitsubishi Triton Ute

Cant wait to take them off

Yes, the walls are pathetic. I got a pinhole puncture virtually from the get go, took 6weeks initially to deflate, nowadays requires a weekly pump. Went back to Bob Jane, they got the Pirelli rep, they found the hole after about 60min, then rep said "no, this is not covered", notwithstanding that it would have been like that at purchase given the deflation cycle.
Now have 70K, still good for more, but taking them off today in time for EOFY, it is a quiet tyre with good traction in wet, but it is very poor off road.

CarTriton GLXR 3.2 TD

SteveN1

SteveN1AU

Did you actually buy an ATR?

Chris2927sydney

The worst tyres have ever bought

Chris2927

Why are tyres developed with 240 or 270 kph speed rating for a 4 wheel drive in Australia.....
why not something with a stronger core so the vehicles full potential can be exploited.

Tile and stone cleaners

Tile and stone cleanersVic, 3802

The most rubbish tyer i ever had

I have these tyers on my Amarok.
they are very bad in the wet.
ive had them for 50000ks and will probably do another 50000ks
average in the dry but down right dangerouse in the wet.
i alsoo tow 2 ton trailer and its very scary.

bad on road bad off road
dont let tyer preasures dow as tyer will become unbalanced.

265/60/18

gravelsandwich

gravelsandwichCentral Queensland, QLD

Maybe Inferier to other brands

CarFord Ranger
Terrafirma

TerrafirmaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best All Round Utility Tyres I have owned

I have a late model Hilux and started off with Cooper tyres on 17" wheels. They were OK at the start but turned dangerous especially in the wet. I had no traction via the back unless I had a load. Came across the Pirelli Scorpion ATR's and read some great reviews which gave them a big wrap. Wow, what a change, they are quiet, they steer perfectly and the traction was the best I'd had, so I expected they wouldn't wear too well. Wrong, my Lux has done 240K now and I'm on my second set. Never had a puncture, maybe I'm lucky but I know my tyres and these are good, Cheaper than you think if you ring around.

Great tyre: reliable, good handling and wear

I had these fitted to my Triton and have clocked over 110,000km's...and still going. Some 4x4 driving (performed well) but mostly bitumen. Excellent!

Peter B

Peter BEmerald

Never go back

I do about 50-60k Kim's per year to and from work, mostly on bitumen, driving a 120 series Prado. Went for the Pirelli Scorpions and am just about to get my second set after 112,000kms. Quiet on the road, never punctured. Did a wet weather brake test in them last week as the tread is getting to the end, and they performed fine, on their death bed. Very happy with them.....112k !!!

SteveGC

SteveGCAU

If only Pirelli supported their customers

Whilst the ATR is a good tyre when the walls go they let go quickly. Can not get a replacement tyre anywhere, so forced use a random make for the next 8 weeks (not good for caravanning).

David W

David WRisdon Park

Jeep Cherokee with 235/75/15

Chris

Chris

Very Impressed with Pirelli Scorpion ATR

I replaced the original Goodyear Wranglers at 60K on my 2010 Navara STX with 265/70R17. These tyres are not only quiet on the highway but performed really well on the beach. The two bonus points on the Navara are I gained 20mm extra in height as the tyre is 40mm bigger in diameter than the original and this also corrected the speedo.
Even with uneven off road work I have not had any issues with scrubbing or touching while turning.
Quite, Good off road, Lifted vehicle, Corrected Speedo

Too many punctures

I drive a Suzuki Grand Vitara and have had the Scorpion tyres for about a year and about 25%of my driving is on maintained dirt roads. I have had three punctures mostly with sticks. I keep my pressures at or slightly below manufacturers recommended. I will be replacing with a different brand.
Low noise.