PJ Group Roof Restoration

PJ Group Roof Restoration

See the Best Home Renovators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Disappointing company to deal with - steer clear at all costs

Booked these people to repaint our roof, it was a big job and they took forever to schedule.
We finally decided to give them a miss and cancel the but they refused to refund our deposit.
Peter Fraser called me in a most aggressive way threatening legal action even though they held and retained our deposit. I told him to keep the money and tell me face to face if he had a problem. Typical bully boy tactics on the phone.
My experience with them was not nice and I ended up getting a very professional job done for well less than their price including the lost deposit.
Could not recommend their services.

Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees

Unprofessional, patronising and sexist

I paid a deposit on 12/4/19 for roof and gutter repair. It was part of a renovation of my house to sell it. I was advised work would begin in about 4 weeks. After 4 weeks I rang the office every week and was advised they were running behind because it was windy. I was then contacted by the office staff and advised that instead of using scaffolding they were going to use a harness. After me ringing weekly through May and beginning of June and being stalled, Peter Fraser, owner of the company called me on 13/6/19. He said that he did not have any staff able to do the job because they were worried about the slope of the roof. He said they would not be going ahead with the job.
I said, "you could have told me this 8 weeks ago when you accepted the deposit. The slope on my roof hasn't changed". He raised his voice and shouted at me, "EXCUSE ME! I am doing you the courtesy of telling you myself and not getting one of my office girls to call you". I said, "don't you EXCUSE ME. It is now 2 months later". He repeated, "Excuse me, I am telling you we can't do the work. There are plenty of other roofing companies out there".
I now have the ceiling plastered and painted because the painters were due to start work 10/6/19 and that was well after the roof should have been repaired. I just have to hope it doesn't rain. I now have to organise another roofer which will stall putting my house on the market.
I believe that Peter Fraser underquoted and therefore did not want to do the work. He originally talked about scaffolding but then they were trying to do the job with a harness and none of his staff wanted to do it.
It grates me when I hear his voice on the radio describing himself as an honest, reliable tradesman. Peter Fraser is a chauvinistic man who refers to female colleagues as office girls. He is not reliable and he shouts at customers. I would steer clear of this company.