Planet Ark Aware Eco Choice Sensitive Washing Powder

Planet Ark Aware Eco Choice Sensitive Washing Powder (page 2 of 2)

3.9

• Causes Irritation Yes (1) · No (3)
  • Smell
VincentV

VincentVAU

Ms Bingo

Ms BingoAU

NinaJay

NinaJayQLD, 4556

Good

Fantstic if you're environmentally conscious, have sensitive skin or are just trying to cut out chemicals in your everyday life. It works well enough but doesn't have the ompf of some of the more popular brands. Good for kid's clothes
I used this with my baby's cloth nappies and clothes. It is really gentle and great for sensitive/young skin. It has almost no fragrance and is genuinely eco friendly.
It doesn't get rid of stains very well. Is quite pricey though it does last a long time (especially as I only used it at half/quarter strength)

Laundry Detergents

Find out how Planet Ark Aware Eco Choice Sensitive Washing Powder compares to other Laundry Detergents

Renchan

Renchan

Good

I use this product for my baby's cloth nappies and have found it great. She is sensitive to some products but has no problem with this powder. I use the recommended amount, though there is no measuring scoop provided, and have found it removes stains without soaking. A really great product and although more expensive than others, I am still using the first box I bought, which was months ago.
Environmentally friendly, great on baby's skin, small box fits nicely in the laundry.
A little more expensive than other products. No scoop, though mentioned on the box that this is to help the environment.

shellfreak

shellfreak

Good

I like this washing powder as it is perfect for people with skin conditions or allergies that require a lot more sensitively made products. The washing powder is made by an environmentally friendly company which is an added bonus. It leaves your washing clean and does not leave any strong smells like some other products tend to do. While you will pay more for this product, I think that it is worth it as it will last a long time as you do not need to use a lot of it each wash.
Environmentally friendly, great for those with sensitive skins.
More expensive.

heytherek

heytherek

Good

This is one of the better washing powders that you can use if you have people in your household that have sensitive skin or allergies. It is also good if you have a baby in the house. You can get away with using a bit less than the product advice on the package and your wash does come out pretty clean.
Great for people with sensitive skin. Comes in a good sized box.
This product is a lot more expensive than many other washing powders but it is more environmentally friendly and is specifically for those with allergies or sensitive skin.

lbj39

lbj39

This is a great washing detergent. Does a really good job on the clothes and doesn't leave a residue. Planet Ark sells it on their website often at a really good rate. And it is available in the supermarkets. You can then use the grey water on your garden. Most washing detergents make your stuff look clean by using chemicals which adhere to the clothes, this is a much better clean.
This does a great clean on your washing and is much better for the environment.
The box design isn't great, the lid doesn't flip up easily, but that is only a minor issue, if it really bothered you you could just change the powder into a tub.

butterflykiss

butterflykiss

I was looking for a grey water safe detergent so I could re-use the water. I had tried the Earths Choice brand but found it left a powdery residue of the clothes. This one is great! I dissolve the correct amount of powder (only) 1/4 cup) in warm water first then add to a cold wash. It washes brilliantly and because it is made for sensitive skin (hence no perfume) I dont have to wash my babies clothes seprately.
If you stick to the pack directions, one box shold last you a while. The grey water has done wonders for my lawns. Highly reccommended if you use in the right way
Environmentally friendly (great for grey water use). Non- irritating
Pricey, but if you use it correctly it lasts for ages. I only buy 2 boxes a year!

parker_joe

parker_joe

Good

I started purchasing this product because it was Cruelty Free and went with the sensitive choice as my husband is allergic to some washing powders. I'm not sure that it cleans as well as other more harsher chemically enhanced detergents but it does a good enough job for me - I'd prefer less chemicals than less stains. In saying that though it isn't noticably inferior. The product is reasonably available - Woolworths and some IGA stores seem to carry it. I like the added bonus that it is environmentally safe and feel a little more trusting of this as it is endorsed by Planet Ark. Happily recommend!
Cruelty Free - Reasonably Available - Sensitive - Environmentally friendly
The box design is very annoying

Laundry Detergents

Schlipsi77

Schlipsi77AU

Bad

It is good for sensitive skin (I am allergic to most perfumed detergents), but I was not convinced of its cleaning power. Most stains were still in the clothes after washing. I had to pre-wash stained clothes by hand, which was to much of a hassle for me.
sensitive enough for irritated (allergic) skin, grey-water safe, ingredients
didn't clean clothes well enough, smell of freshly washed clothes could be better

PauME
PauME

I use it for my MCN's and it has worked perfectly on pooey stains, maybe you need to use the suggested dosage? :)

kade1234

kade1234Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

OK

I choose to purchase this product as I wanted a laundry powder that was gentle on the chemical front and not so toxic like some detergents can be. When I saw the price of the laundry powder I nearly didn't buy it as it easily one of the most costly products on the shelf.

The powder cleans good enough and doesn't make the clothes smell really with any sort of fragrance.
A gentle less toxic laundry powder that reduces the risk of adverse reactions for people with chemical sensitivities. Cleans on a satisfactory level.
More costly than other laundry powders.

See all Planet Ark Aware Eco Choice Sensitive Washing Powder reviews