Plenty Of Fish

Plenty Of Fish

• Real Life MeetupYes (6) · No (0)
Jen

JenHunter Region, NSW

2 years after meeting on POF...guess what?

Met my fiancée on POF October 2018. Now, we’re getting married. My advice, be open to people who are NOT what you’d think you’d like. I am the happiest I’ve ever been.

KierraX

KierraXSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lucky

I met my fiance and father to my son on POF. I didn't expect to find anything real on there as had a lot of men message me and just wanting nothing more then a hook up...just when I was about to give up on POF I got his message...very upfront and different to the rest..rest is history. Maybe I was just very lucky by reading all these bad reviews.

GenderFemale
Adge.H

Adge.HSydney, NSW

I found my soul mate.

I went and joined POF in January 2018, I started talking to a few guys. But only meet up with one after taking for 2 weeks. Meet in a public place etc etc. and we are now coming up to our 2 year anniversary in feb and we also have a baby. Yes I understand that there maybe some men/women who are fake and not in it for the same reasons. But there is a diamond in the rough once in a while. Just be honest and communicate what you want

Perthsie2020Perth, WA

To all the ladies out there!

Perthsie2020

Update: You won't belive it! I received very abusive messages from a guy after i asked a few questions. Ladies if you want to know the user name, send me a direct message. I might save you from going through the same. Extremely disheartening!

escapeartist79

escapeartist79Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

You just got to know how it "works"

NoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Found the love of my life

Thanks to POV I attracted the love of my life and forever am I in appreciation for this dating site. Great dating site for those in search of true love. Love is allowing and love has no expectations.

Markie

MarkieTerranora

Not perfect but great value

the fact that it is free was the draw card for me. As expected one has to have their wits about them there is always a catch but if one sticks to the free part it works great. Over the years I have had to come back to this site 3 times and to no fault of POF relationships didn't workout. I have found that there is certainly a selection that is wide and varied but the search criteria narrows it down pretty well. One has to ignore the part that they want you to pay for. but the results are there, human nature is what it is relation ships are no different its a matter of looking and this is certainly the best and I would say even better then a lot of payed ones.

Very disappointed

I have been on this site for 3 years, but have decided to end my subscription, I originally thought that this site was good value for money, but over time I found that it was a hook up site.

Met my love

Very easy to use, my expectations were met ... am now dating a wonderful genuine man after not even a week :)

Amy

Amy

Found the love of my life!

I have to be so thankful for plenty of Fish I would never have met my amazing partner without it! Of course the site is full of rude and scammers I'm sure all online dating sites are especially free/low cost ones!

It's worth a shot if you are looking to date!

russnlp

russnlpMelbourne

Free, with a reasonal size database. not too many fake scammer profiles.

This is one of three sites that I have used that was good enough to recommend to my clients. I've met some lovely women here, though not my ideal life partner.
Beware of the scammers, especially those who live overseas, are in the US army or are young gorgeous and look too good to be true.

Chim Richalds

Chim RichaldsNewcastle

It's free with a big userbase, but 98% of profiles have no content other than some photos and a gene

Lee

LeeMaroochydore

It does work and now we are engaged

So didn't really know many people were I was living in a new town.. First it was a bit of fun till I met one guy that took me off my feet And well I am now in engaged over a year latter!
It was fun and easy to use! And u never know u may be like me and meet that special someone u want to spend the rest of your life with!! And key point be yourself!!

Reviews are bad maybe you are too

Im sorry I find this app ok. Most reviews just sound like ppl taking their rejections out on pof. Maybe the girls dont message you or seem stuck up because they don't like you. Nothing to do with POF

It was ok

I just read the disastrous comments below. I met a lovely Brazilian girl who lives in Australia on this site and we almost got married but she wanted kids and I already had 3.
Obrigado.
I used it again later but no luck.
It's tough finding the right partner and so many woman seem so normal, till you get to know them, it's sad how jealousy and insecurity takes people over.

M Leigh

M LeighQueensland

All liars and players?

It seems like there are a lot of married men on the site looking to play up on their wives.
Many guys lie about their age, or use photos taken when they were younger as their profile photos.
I have been a member for a year, but have not met anyone so far who was genuine. It's very frustrating.
I know the genuine guys are there, because my daughter met her husband to be on POF.

Seems they're few and far between.

Also, men hardly ever reply to messages.

Mixed bag but watch out for the utter nutters

As an older guy 54 ( pof age 46 ) going through divorce number two, must say that I have had a number of interesting and at times fun rides on POF in the last eight months or so. I have been with some lovely Australian & English ladies aged 40, 46, 47 and 53, who have been great company and who are skilled at looking after a man's more basic needs. However, I would strongly recommend staying away from the Mediterranean's especially the Lebanese and the Greek. These women, despite having racks to die for, truly are utter nutters who think they are a cut above. You will be luck to get a pash let alone anything else from these goddesses, who have taken the concept of worship to a whole new level!

Michael F

Michael F

Not a bad site. take your chances.

I was on POF as a free member and went on 2 dates. It only took about a month and I was up and running. However 12 months later and the same dozen ladies are still on there (for my area). Could be the ladies not the site.

Awesome

Yeah I had a few creeps on POF but you no what I found the love of my life after a while hes a perfect gentleman just havr some persistence

Best thing I ever did !

I joined POF in August 2014 and in 2 days started talking to a man who was in my top 10. It matched us perfectly. POF was my last try at online dating after a year on other sites that left me feeling defeated. Long and very happy story short almost a year later we are engaged and have just bought a house together. We have 5 children between us and life has never been better. POF changed both our lives , looking forward to a whole new life.

NETTY Dasked

What does it mean when other persons profile pic disappears off private messages and their profile but u can still read their profile and messages. On profile it states they have private pics and to see them send them a message? Does it mean they have blocked you or maybe hidden their profile??

Peterlion
Peterlion

Can't really say. Possibly they're either really good looking, and so get bombarded with hits OR (more likely) they're really horrible-looking and are just hoping for a catch. Also look out for fakes - the worst are from the USA - either their location will be either a U.S. town or something like 'City' and then the name of a capital city in Australia. Just delete them

Ashley M.

Ashley M.asked

How do you unmatch a member on POF without blocking them? Google says this is the only way, but I’ve been unmatched and not blocked by someone.

Jo O.
Jo O.

Just ignore or delete they will get the message don't read any other messages from them in case they are abusive

Tracey

Traceyasked

Someone blocked me, can they still view me?

Other Online Dating Sites