Plenty Of Fish

Plenty Of Fish

• Real Life MeetupYes (4) · No (0)
Jen

JenHunter Region, NSW

2 years after meeting on POF...guess what?

Met my fiancée on POF October 2018. Now, we’re getting married. My advice, be open to people who are NOT what you’d think you’d like. I am the happiest I’ve ever been.

6inOZ

6inOZAU

Stick with it

Joined POF January 2019. Had quite a few dates , some cat fishing, some weirdos. Met some nice guys. Joined e harmony as told better quality of men ( biggest scam ever!) went back to POF and met my fella! Been together 6 months now and couldn't be happier! There are fish out there just need to be patient and throw a few back in the meantime.

KierraX

KierraXSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lucky

I met my fiance and father to my son on POF. I didn't expect to find anything real on there as had a lot of men message me and just wanting nothing more then a hook up...just when I was about to give up on POF I got his message...very upfront and different to the rest..rest is history. Maybe I was just very lucky by reading all these bad reviews.

GenderFemale

NoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Found the love of my life

Thanks to POV I attracted the love of my life and forever am I in appreciation for this dating site. Great dating site for those in search of true love. Love is allowing and love has no expectations.

Lee Gunn

Lee GunnMelbourne

I've had a great time on this site

I have had a great time on POF- met at least seven guys. The pool does dry up fast but hey I'm in my 50's and looking for a 50 year old guy (who doesnt smoke). It is what it is

russnlp

russnlpGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Genuinely free a reasonably good site.

I've met some real people on this site. So while I'm still yet to find my ideal partner I have made some great friends.
I would say this and OkCupid the two best dating sites that I have found.
Both are genuinely free and have and real people.
Good luck and happy fishing.

Markie

MarkieTerranora

Not perfect but great value

the fact that it is free was the draw card for me. As expected one has to have their wits about them there is always a catch but if one sticks to the free part it works great. Over the years I have had to come back to this site 3 times and to no fault of POF relationships didn't workout. I have found that there is certainly a selection that is wide and varied but the search criteria narrows it down pretty well. One has to ignore the part that they want you to pay for. but the results are there, human nature is what it is relation ships are no different its a matter of looking and this is certainly the best and I would say even better then a lot of payed ones.

Free version of POF works just fine

The free version of POF is working just fine for me.
I've exchanged messages with plenty of genuine women, had coffee dates with quite a few and more than that with some.
Yes there is the occasional scammer but they are very obvious and there is a Report User function. It is easy to use and they get taken down immediately.
Basically it's just like meeting people the old-fashioned way only easier.

Met my love

Very easy to use, my expectations were met ... am now dating a wonderful genuine man after not even a week :)

Amy

Amy

Found the love of my life!

I have to be so thankful for plenty of Fish I would never have met my amazing partner without it! Of course the site is full of rude and scammers I'm sure all online dating sites are especially free/low cost ones!

It's worth a shot if you are looking to date!

infinity

infinityGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Practical app but still needs improvement. Free messaging a bonus.

The POF site is good and offers plenty of features for free whereas others make you pay. But word of caution beware of scammers and fake profiles I got hit by one asking me for personal email and telling me he's overseas and other nonsense. Just make sure the other person is in Australia and has a mobile phone. There are genuine and real persons on the site unlike Zoosk and RSVP.

Lee

LeeMaroochydore

It does work and now we are engaged

So didn't really know many people were I was living in a new town.. First it was a bit of fun till I met one guy that took me off my feet And well I am now in engaged over a year latter!
It was fun and easy to use! And u never know u may be like me and meet that special someone u want to spend the rest of your life with!! And key point be yourself!!

Awesome

Yeah I had a few creeps on POF but you no what I found the love of my life after a while hes a perfect gentleman just havr some persistence

Best thing I ever did !

I joined POF in August 2014 and in 2 days started talking to a man who was in my top 10. It matched us perfectly. POF was my last try at online dating after a year on other sites that left me feeling defeated. Long and very happy story short almost a year later we are engaged and have just bought a house together. We have 5 children between us and life has never been better. POF changed both our lives , looking forward to a whole new life.

Fun, Direct, Easy to contact

Pof is great, I've been on here 2 weeks and had contact with many guys.
Fun to use and you can see all the details of the person.
Best app so far!

Mandy72

Mandy72Port Stephens

Good Times

Plenty of Fish was great

Now in the great age group 70's, I wondered whether POF could do anything for me!
There are genuine people out there and I was one of the lucky ones, met a great guy straight away and 15 months later we married. Of course you could say he was lucky too. Both of us, pensioners without much in the way of assets, there was the surety that neither of us were "out for what we could get".
Watch out for scammers though, but it works people, so to give POF a go

Impressed

For specific reasons registered and asked a couple of single friends to as well. We are all very impressed, with the ease of contact and quality of people. Might be the age group - just remember if someone sends a message be polite. Unless you receive a 'tacky' message - then cut/or block.
Very easy to work, good contact with people because the no charge opens up more communication.
Fast Impressions - more open to older group and there are many decent people on the site. Resistance to Speed Dating but other options should be investigated

FreeDate

FreeDateCessnock

The best free site by far ...

I have found this to be a very good site, there are plenty of members in the Newcastle area, there is a good search function with plenty of filters, you can hide your profile if you need a break, there are no restrictions on exchanging emails or phone numbers.
It is well laid out, good size pictures, it is easy to report a inappropriate profile and you can block members you choose not to chat with.
Filling out the surveys is optional and not many do it.
There are no hidden costs ... it is absolutely free.
As with any dating site, it is only as good as it users, so your experience with the person should not be reflected on the site itself.
Free. Plenty of members. Good searh fuction. No hidden costs.

NETTY Dasked

What does it mean when other persons profile pic disappears off private messages and their profile but u can still read their profile and messages. On profile it states they have private pics and to see them send them a message? Does it mean they have blocked you or maybe hidden their profile??

Peterlion
Peterlion

Can't really say. Possibly they're either really good looking, and so get bombarded with hits OR (more likely) they're really horrible-looking and are just hoping for a catch. Also look out for fakes - the worst are from the USA - either their location will be either a U.S. town or something like 'City' and then the name of a capital city in Australia. Just delete them

Ashley M.

Ashley M.asked

How do you unmatch a member on POF without blocking them? Google says this is the only way, but I’ve been unmatched and not blocked by someone.

Jo O.
Jo O.

Just ignore or delete they will get the message don't read any other messages from them in case they are abusive

Tracey

Traceyasked

Someone blocked me, can they still view me?

Other Online Dating Sites