Plum Sleeping Bags

Plum Sleeping Bags (page 2 of 2)

boopyscreet

boopyscreet

Shrinky!

I bought a plum sleeping bag for my son who is 10 weeks old and refuses to be swaddled as an alternative to a gro-bag that has lasted three children so far. I was very disappointed that after the first use a ten centimetre long section of stitching on the zip came unravelled. Also it shrunk a lot after being in the dryer for half an hour! I don't think it will last until my son reaches 6 months old (I bought the 0-6 months size)
I like that it is soft t-shirt fabric and it is nice and warm.
Shrunk!!!! stitching unravelled and filling has gone lumpy after one wash and half an hour on low heat in the dryer.

Jordo

JordoMurwillumbah

The best quality sleeping bag!

I have been using Plum Sleeping Bags for the past 12 months now. I have the 0.5TOG, 1.0TOG and 2.5TOG in size 6-18 months. I use a varity of styles and personally prefer the size zip with the top closer buttons. My daughter doesn't lie still in her cot so these are perfect for keeping her covered during the night whether it be during summer or winter. They are quite expensive so if you can buy second hand in good condition, this would work good. I have been lucky enough to purchase them from Trade Secret from $20 - $30 depending on size and TOG rating. I don't know if I would pay full retail price, but they would definately be worth it for the quality of the product.
Great quality, easily accessable for nappy changes, great designs

Kay

DISAPPOINTED!

Ski77

Ski77Gold Coast

Better than a blanket

I decided to buy one size bigger when she was 4-5 months to get my money's worth when the climate started to cool and it worked like charm keeping her body warm. It was slightly big to begin with but it did the job plus I no longer had to worry if she was cold at night. To this date, my 14 month old is still using this sleeping bag (fits her perfectly now) and the quality of the fabric is still in good condition (soft and smooth) and I don't use a fabric softner. I really love the designs too, super cute doggy version :)
Good quality fabric, 2 way zipper, armholes can be made adjustable (small to big), has a travel insert on the back which is handy
It is pricey but I was happy with the results

Plum Sleeping Bags

I bought two winter sleeping bags last year. Recently the filling has started to form lumps, making them unusable. It is forming lumps on the back near the neck. I am very disappointed as initially I was impressed with their quality. I will only be buying Gro bags in the future...

The filling is clumping together.

sb2012

sb2012Sydney, NSW

He can kick and still stay warm

My son would kick and wiggle in the middle of the night. the blanket never stayed on him and as a result his palms and feet would get cold as ice...then i learnt about sleeping bags and loved the idea. bought a plum sleeping bag. its easy to put him in and zippit. it has 2 zippers top-down and down-up so that you can change the nappy without having to remove the bag. it also has an opening behind to put on a harness in the pram...
the design keeping convenience in mind
didn't find many patterns for boys in the store(or maybe they were out of stock)

ladyj

ladyj

Love the Plum

I have bought both the Grobag and recently a Plum bag. Love both and am really impressed with the quality and feel of the Plum. The colour choices are great and my little darling sleeps so soundly in the Plum bag. I think they only come in the one thickness but will still be nice and warm enough in winter with some warm pyjamas underneath. They need to be line dried and not tumble dried which is ok as I have a couple of bags and can rotate each night. Highly recommend for little bubs.
Lovely feel to the fabric and good quality.
Cannot tumble dry. Only one thickness.

Rachael S.

Rachael S.asked

3-12 month 3.5TOG long sleeve sleepbag.
Concerned about this as i couldnt try on when at shop but measuring it up to him once home i dont see how its compatible to that big of a age range..
Is it safe to use even thou the arms are way to long, i feel like his arms will slide out of the arms.. Hes 4.5 months so well into the age rage suggested?

Xanthe M.
Xanthe M.

I don’t think it’s safe for little babies - the arms are too thick for them to roll back if they manage to roll over. I returned mine, my daughter couldn’t roll back in it and she was 7 months old at the time.

CategoryBaby Wraps