PlumbFirst

PlumbFirst (page 2 of 119)

4.4 from 2,370 reviews

Highly recommend PlumbFirst

Found this firm on my internet search - I had a leaking toilet and It needed to be replaced.
I give PlumgFirst an excellent rating for their prompt, excellent friendly service and workmanship.

$49 charge out rate is what others provide over the phone

I was told $49 charge out rate to work out what the problem was. They came out, told me the cost to work out what the problem was which was over and above the $49. Other company's give you an idea of what the cost will be to fix certain issues, this mob don't do that instead wanting the call out fee. Also, I called Drain Direct and Plumber First came out. Dont recommend DRAIN DIRECT or PLUMB FIRST.

Misleading : ON-TIME GUARANTEED or WE PAY YOU $100!*

I chose to go ahead with PlumFirst as I had to take a half day leave from my work to get the plumbing fixed and they guaranteed on-time plumbers. I find their on-time guarantee very misleading. I was given a three hour window for the plumber to arrive. One hour into the window, I got a call from them saying that the plumbers will not be able to make it today. They could not arrange anything after hours as well and offered me something for the next day.

When I enquired on the $100 on time guarantee, I was told that this was not valid as I did not proceed for the job and that this was valid only if I had quote and if proceeded with the job. How am I to have a quote, if the plumbers did not turn up? I then asked them to confirm if I would still get the $100 off if I was willing to proceed with the job the next day. They then changed their statement and said that I was still not eligible for $100 as they had called me and told me that they will not be able to make within the three hour window. When I pointed to what they had written in their website, they asked me to refer to *Conditions Apply, call for details.

This is what their Website says:
With PlumbFirst you can be so sure of on-time service that we even promise that if we're late, we'll pay you*. It's your assurance of punctual, convenient plumbers that work around your schedule.
*Conditions apply, call for details. Offers not applicable with any other offer, nor off any trip or diagnostic fee. For on-time offer, we will deduct or pay if we arrive after end of scheduled appointment window, and the delay is not customers responsibility.

I believe their way getting out of on-time Guarantee is by calling back customers and saying that they will not make it rather than being late and paying $100..* Conditions Apply, Call for Details

Please press the like button if you agree that their on-time guarantee is misleading.

Excellent Service

Thank you. Rang midday Friday. Plumber on site mid-afternoon. Replaced Hot Water Tank Monday. Further work required so I was set up with a portable Hot Water system to see me over to Tuesday. Jake.W inv 110193 thank you.

inv no 110193

Over Price

I was quoted more than $4500 to install a water tank.

With tank and pump already provided from me. Has apprentices working on the job while charging fully licence plumber rate.

Jonathan, thankyou for your feedback, this is not true, all our jobs are run buy a registered plumber with the help of apprentices. Kind regards, The plumbfirst teamNo registered plumber was on my site. They must be running the job from the office!

Great service with a smile!

Just wanted to thank PlumbFirst for their prompt response to my call on Wednesday night when I discovered a blockage that needed urgent attention. Mat G came out on Thursday afternoon and arranged for Shane Barnes and his apprentice Alex to fix the problem yesterday. I found them all to be professional,prompt and knowledgeable. They happily answered all my questions,explained the work and showed me what they were doing at every stage. They even did a few extra things for me with a smile and a great attitude. Will definitely recommend to others who want honest reliable service .

Prompt and great service

I called Plumbfirst on Sunday for a problem with the hot water heater system. Kirk showed up within 3 hours to inspect and advise on the issue. He provided an informative quote for replacement of the leaked water heater. However the charge for a call out fee of $99 appears high.

On the day of new water heater installation, the technician Jake W showed up on time. Jake did a great job to remove the old appliance and install the new hot water heater. He tested the pipework before and after the installation. He tidied up the area after completion and took away the old water heater. The service was very professional that Jake ran through the procedure and answered any questions on how to maintain and operate the heater. I was happy with the service. I was issued with an invoice no. 127551.

New toilet installation by Mat this morning who was friendly and efficient! Mat also provided advise and recommendations regarding the corking etc. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the service received.

Excellent Service

Had Justin and Joel (110314) come out and fixed our plumbing. Very patient and answered all our questions, cleaned up after they finished the job. Very professional, thank you guys.

Very Happy

After trying, unsuccessfully, to clear a blocked drain in my bathroom over a number of months I reluctantly decided I needed to call a plumber. I was cautious and unsure about which company to pick for the job and randomly chose PlumbFirst and am so pleased I did.

Steve came around to have a look and after quickly realising he couldn’t resolve it that night called SA Water to attend to locating the main access. Steve returned a couple of nights later and worked hard to try to fix the issue but still couldn’t. He advised me that they would need to access from outside the house which would involve digging up an area in the back yard.

The initial financial shock of a much bigger job than anticipated was quickly lessened by the friendly, no fuss, honest and professional approach from Steve, which ultimately left me feeling like I had received sound advice and value for money. They attended on the arranged day, fixed the issue and left my back yard neat and tidy.

Right from the onset Steve portrayed a warmth and sincerity that is rare in business in this day and age and something that most, if not all, clients would value. He is a credit to your business and I will definitely use PlumbFirst in the future and have already recommended PlumbFirst to a friend who is considering becoming a VIP customer just like me.

Incidentally, Steve also mentioned he could smell gas as he passed by the gas meter and in no time at all we had someone round to replace some broken seals that I had previously been unaware of.

Thank you Steve and PlumbFirst.

Suzanne Gorvett
Seaford Rise, SA

Excellent service!

We have used plumbfirst once before with great results. So we didn’t hesitate to call them again for a leaking tap. Used the online booking service and promptly received a pleasant call back. The plumbers called first then arrived within the time frame given. We were impressed with their friendly mannerism and even a smaller job like ours was no trouble and they were so easy to interact with. As a woman, I felt I was being treated equally and completely respected. They cleaned up after the work and were completely honest with our quote and extremely helpful with the cost! Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend their service to anyone. Well done guys!

Great work, but!

Firstly let me say, the work carried out by Justin B and Joel B was totally professional. They were both polite, helpful and did a great job.
The price? Ripoff.

Absolute Rip off

I organised Plumbfirst to install a sink mixer tap in my kitchen. The guy spent the first hour going around my home and telling me what I should get updated, and proceeding to quote me ridiculous prices. eg: New toilet cistern because the current one was very slightly discoloured, new shower rose that slid up and down because it won't get my wife's hair wet, new gas hot water system. He was more like a used car salesman. Eventually he got around to installing the mixer tap, (which I provided), for the grand total of $341......UNBELIEVEABLE. JUST DON'T USE THEM.

Thank you for your feedback Rod. Please provide your Invoice number and we are happy to look into this for you. Kind regards Your PlumbFirst TeamInvoice Number 128279I'm sorry Rod that invoice number does not show on our system. Please call 1800 05 06 07 and speak to the Customer Care Manager

PlumFirst review

Good job. Great attention to detail and well executed. The guys took their time and did a very good job and didn’t rush any part and left a clean area

Plumber was punctual, explained everything comprehensively, worked steadily to complete task and worked well with the others in the team. Was polite and completed original tasks as requested and then completed further work on request. Removed old apparatus and cleaned up. Invoice number A17134.

Good job 129552

Justin and other dude was great and done a good job
Polite and still had a great atitude after a hard labouring day of work
Cleaned down area great
Punctual good good

Excellent service!

Kirk arrived in the early part of the window for arrival for which I was grateful. He was thoroughly professional and didn't mind answering my not very sophisticated questions. And he was very conscientious in cleaning up.
(Invoice #123903)

.Job review

Very happy with completed work, tradesman was highly skilled, polite and prompt. Jake W issued me an invoice numbered 12904. He tidied up the work site and removed my old appliances which was so helpful.

The job has been done thoroughly

The flush from a toilet went through very slowy. We had an intervention about 3 years ago, but at evidence it didn't solve the issue.
Liam came first and made a thorough investigation; it was agreed that the best option so far was to set up a an I.O. The next day Matt P., after a briefing with Liam, found the terracotta pipe section, put an I.O. and jet clean the pipes to get rid as much as possible of the roots that prevented the toilet working properly. Not an easy job at all. Matt finished sweeping and cleaning...... Good job!! Well done!!
After some months we will ask Plumb First to check the feasibility of a definitive solution stopping the roots to continue to come into the drains.
Marco

Invoice nr. 127034

Everything works now!

Mat V. came to fix the incoming water pressure, the security gas valves, and full taps replacements. Very thorough, very clean. Didn't leave any mess or dirt.
Adam came originally to make the original assessment. Also very thorough, and knowledgeable.
I believe the service was the best you can get.
I do find it a bit expensive though. I am a professional and have years of IT experience and I don't charge that per hour, but last time someone cheaper was not efficient, so I went ahead with their quote. I guess you get what you pay for.
Gus

I would like to know why my mum was excessively quoted $3211 for a 135lt hot water system with install. She was pushed and pressured into paying a $500 deposit and put on a payment plan. Obviously naive, she was taken advantage of. We got another quote the same day elsewhere for $1400. So we cancelled your job that same day .. Why on earth is she not getting her $500 deposit back!? Or at least why is there not a resonable refund to compensate for the call out. All the tech done was turn off the gas, took our valve and took my for a ride with a sales pitch. Spent most of his time convincing her to take the deal. Quote number 129298 BY Leigh Tomlinton

Where is the FB page of the young plummer donating part of his liver to his dad in India
Go to plumbfirst fb page scroll down and you will see it like and share thanksHere is a direct link to it. https://www.facebook.com/plumbfirst/photos/a.1528427360819403/2230372327291566/?type=3&theater

Hi Plumbfirst, I had a new hot water system installed by a plumber from you guys (Invoice 113881), and I paid over $2,000 for the job. I was promised that the VBA compliance certificate would be lodged and mailed to me and it's been over 4 months and I have received nothing. Please organize this asap. Thanks Regards Henry
Hi Henry, I apologise that this has been overlooked. I will arrange for this to be posted promptly. Kind Regards The PlumbFirst Team.