PlumbFirst

PlumbFirst (page 3 of 172)

Pros

• Outstanding customer service

• Customers are charged by the job, not the hour

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Matjabsa

MatjabsaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Overpriced with upselling tactics

A simple job request: move the dishwasher inlet from hot to cold tap (previous owners had it installed incorrectly). This seems pretty straightforward. The Plumbfirst plumbers (two of them) came out to look at the job. Suddenly I'm being told that unless I have a boundary regulator installed they can't warranty the job. Pricing for the job is over $1000. A bit of talk about insurance and building standards and plumbing regulations but when you check what the VBA has to say actually what I was told was untrue (that work under $500 can't be warranted and that without a regulator there would be no warranty). Basically, crooks looking to exploit the customer. Avoid or you'll pay too much

Sheena D

Sheena DGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Outstanding Service

This is the third time we have booked a plumber with PlumbFirst and we will continue to do so as the service, workmanship and plumbers are all first class. They are so quick to come out to you and always punctual. We rang Wednesday for non urgent work to be done and a few hours later the lovely friendly Damien arrived to assess and quote. Damian arranged a plumber to come out to do the work for the following day.
Tristian arrived early the next morning and did an outstanding job. His professionalism, workmanship and friendly personality is to be highly commended.
So if your looking for a plumber I highly recommend PlumbFirst.

Marita E.

Marita E.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Service above and Beyond

We were in the middle of moving house and I desperately needed a Plumber for the installation of my condenser dryer Jesse C arrived within 2 hours of my desperate call smiling and solutions focused. He came back the next day when I incorrectly thought there was a problem with the dyer when it was in fact the washing machine. He fixed it even though it wasn’t his issue! So impressed. Highly recommend Jesse C at PlumbFirst. Thanks

not happyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Over priced

A warning to all who use this company get independent pricing before agreeing. The quoted price per job isn't itemized, so you have no idea as to what you are paying for labour or parts. They get agro ( the job estimator) when you question the pricing and just want to shut the job down . Not a good way of solving issues. BEWARE , I will not be using them again

James h.PlumbFirst

not happy, We would like to address your dissatisfaction. Please contact the office and speak to the Customer Care Manager. Kind Regards The PlumbFirst Team

not happy

Hi please provide best contact number for the manager concerned, and I’ll happily call.
Regards
Stephen

Joe was great!!

Joe was friendly and fantastic!! He explained what he was doing and the job with no fuss and cleaned up afterwards. Will recommend him to do any future plumbing work!!

Expensive and dodgy

Extremely disappointed with the level of service and the aggressive behaviour of their accounts/management team when trying to understand an invoice. Company charged an $89 call out fee when we were told on booking that the call out fee would be waived should we progress with the works on the day. Cost of the works undertaken was in the hundreds when minimal to next to no work was actually done. I would not recommend anyone use any of their services. Avoid at all costs!!!!

James h.PlumbFirst

Good Morning Erin, Thank you for your feedback. This is something we would like to investigate. Please provide your invoice number or call the office and ask to speak to the Customer Care Manager.

Ian from Canterbury

Ian from Canterbury Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Job, Excellent Service

Mat V did an excellent job repairing the two downpipes to the underground tanks and installing access points on each. He was very knowledgeable about the type of drainage on the house and how to best integrate the pipes. Mat even knew the colour to paint the Dow pipes matching the colour scheme of the house. I would highly recommend him and the company.

Ashwin

AshwinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent job!!!

Perfect and prompt on the service. Great job done by Blaine, Freddy and captain Rohan! Well organised and can go extra mile to get job done! A must recommended service to use.

Satisfied work

Tye came and done the needed plumbing after first plumber looked at the job and organised work to be carried out happy with end result best clean up by tradesmen we’ve ever had

Hot water

Was 1 St time using thus company and won't be the last they arrived early in the hours they gave us and the day of installation were early. All work done done was done professionally and left as they found it.

Honest and clear explanation and resolved issue

Tregan Gates provided a very clear plan for plumbing issue that was previously quoted by another agency. I as the client sought a second look. Tregan outlined first steps, and provided a quote. Happy to say the problem was quickly resolved, while being clear this may only be a temporary solution due to the age and condition of pipes in an old home. I was very grateful for the rationale of next steps if needed, having no 'nasty surprises' in terms of possible future costs. Now a member. Highly recommended.

Matt v and Kale b- plumbers

Matt and Kale completed a plumbing job for electrical work to a shed at Halford lane today. They were excellent, efficient and cleaned up v well. Most impressed by their professionalism.

Very professional. Excellent service.

Excellent, professional service. Kept informed at all times. The site was left clean and tidy. I would highly recommend Mat V, Johnny and the team.
Would definitely use again. Thank you.

Plumbing work was first class Alex K

Excellent workmanship, and customer care from Alex K.
We would welcome this company back
At anytime and will certainly recommend
Them to anyone for future jobs!
Glad to be a member , c u in the future

Gold star for PlumbFirst.

Andy, Matt and Blain did a great job. There were several tasks: hot water heater, toilet, pressure protection. Everything was completed; no fuss, no mess. They were all friendly and approachable. Happy to recommend them to others.

John McDonald

John McDonaldGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great job.Top blokes

Boys arrived on time. Were very professional in there work. Listen to our concerns and were really friendly. Tidied up well and did a great job. I would highly recommend Plumfirst to my friends and family.

TY B.

TY B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Honest and diligent

After two bad experiences for this drain issue with other plumbers Graham arrived and was very clear about how the job should go. Blaine arrived two days later and sorted everything out as planned. They just did what they said they would with no ‘good news’ and ‘bad news’ stories along the way. Graham was also willing to revise the price down when one aspect took less time than expected. That’s service. Had I not called PLUMBFIRST the previous plumbers would have dug up my driveway.

Classic

Very punctual, Efficient.. They did my task in a professional way.. I will recommend Plumber First for my friends and family again. Thank u very much Justin and Dan C

Professional, efficient & punctual

Matthew V came on time for the job. He explained to me the work and answered the questions I raised. He finished the job efficiently and I am satisfied with his work.

Mick

MickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Friendly service

Blaine was friendly and kept me updated on the progress of the work he was doing. He explained all the work that he was doing and in a timely manner.

Derm

Dermasked

Underwood 4119
Need quote to replace Vulcan 250 ltr elec storage tank with same model, incl all fittings, Labor, gntees a certificates

Maurice M.
Maurice M.

Call Plumbfirst old mate.

Jared M.PlumbFirst

Derm, we can attend site for an obligation free quote if this suits? please call our office on 1800 050607 to book in

Andrew E.

Andrew E.asked

Do your Company charge to come out to quote a hot water system replacement?

jess
jess

K.Parks

K.Parksasked

I would like to know why my mum was excessively quoted $3211 for a 135lt hot water system with install. She was pushed and pressured into paying a $500 deposit and put on a payment plan. Obviously naive, she was taken advantage of.
We got another quote the same day elsewhere for $1400.
So we cancelled your job that same day ..
Why on earth is she not getting her $500 deposit back!? Or at least why is there not a resonable refund to compensate for the call out.
All the tech done was turn off the gas, took our valve and took my for a ride with a sales pitch.
Spent most of his time convincing her to take the deal. Quote number 129298 BY Leigh Tomlinton

Sam T.
Sam T.

I hope you got a refund for your mum. They took advantage of her. Terrible.
We've just had the same problem with a toilet leak. Guy came out and said we def. needed a new toilet for $1,400.
Husband agreed as we were desperate however called around for quotes. We cancelled plumbfirst same day, within 2hrs actially. Got toilet fixed for under $300. Still waiting on our dep refund which they don't want to provide claiming that cost is a diagnostic fee.. funny, when they were wrong. It's a rort. Never use these guys unless they quote cheaper than others. Shop around. They'll never get a cent from us again and I'll ensure all of our friends and family don't use them either...

Jared M.PlumbFirst

Sam, thank you for your honest opinion. We aim to please, granted we are not the cheapest company in Australia we warrant and guarantee all our works, unlike a lot of cheaper trades.
Kind regards,
The Plumbfirst team.

Get an answer from our members and PlumbFirst representatives

Features:

• PlumbFirst is comprised of a large team of licensed plumbers
  • Based in Melbourne, these services are only available in Victoria
  • Offers a range of services including: Gas fitting, pipes and leaks, toilet plumbing, showers and baths, taps and sinks
  • Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in case of emergencies
  • Customers are charged for the job, not by the hour – so if the job ends up taking longer than anticipated there won't be a higher charge

Points of praise:

• Customers were kept informed throughout the process. If there were any changes made, such as the water being turned off, people were informed beforehand so there were no unpleasant surprises.
  • The plumbers that PlumbFirst sent out were friendly and hard working. Many reviewers reported being pleased with the person who was sent to fix their plumbing issues.
  • The majority of reviewers mentioned that tasks were completed swiftly. The plumbers arrived at their jobs on time, and displayed admirable work ethics.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

PlumbFirst has established a reputation for boasting a roster of hardworking and friendly plumbers. Due to its history of providing impressive service, this business has won a 2021 ProductReview Award for the Plumbers Category.