PlumbFirst

Pros

• Outstanding customer service

• Customers are charged by the job, not the hour

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Vastly Overpriced

Our water heater service broke down and needed a replacement urgently. With no previous experience and sort of desperate, we accepted the quoted price without doing any research.
Ater the new system was installed, we found out from the web that a few places actually offer the same product and service for $1000+ less than what we have paid.
WE FEEL CHEATED!

Kam Chan
Kam Chan

Worst Company I have ever dealt with

Booked for Wednesday job. I waited all day. Plumber got held up and couldn’t come. I made another booking two days later. Waited all day. Made two phone calls to the company who checked where he was. Still didn’t turn up at specified time. I cancelled the job then. For a company that advertises $100 to the client if they don’t turn up on time I reckon they will go broke.

James h.PlumbFirst

Hi Joanne, You have our sincere apologies. We would like to investigate how this happened. Could you please call the office with your details and speak to the Customer Care Manager so we can follow this up. Kind regards The PlumbFirst Team

Mick

MickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Will never use again

Matjabsa

MatjabsaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Overpriced with upselling tactics

A simple job request: move the dishwasher inlet from hot to cold tap (previous owners had it installed incorrectly). This seems pretty straightforward. The Plumbfirst plumbers (two of them) came out to look at the job. Suddenly I'm being told that unless I have a boundary regulator installed they can't warranty the job. Pricing for the job is over $1000. A bit of talk about insurance and building standards and plumbing regulations but when you check what the VBA has to say actually what I was told was untrue (that work under $500 can't be warranted and that without a regulator there would be no warranty). Basically, crooks looking to exploit the customer. Avoid or you'll pay too much

Expensive and dodgy

Extremely disappointed with the level of service and the aggressive behaviour of their accounts/management team when trying to understand an invoice. Company charged an $89 call out fee when we were told on booking that the call out fee would be waived should we progress with the works on the day. Cost of the works undertaken was in the hundreds when minimal to next to no work was actually done. I would not recommend anyone use any of their services. Avoid at all costs!!!!

James h.PlumbFirst

Good Morning Erin, Thank you for your feedback. This is something we would like to investigate. Please provide your invoice number or call the office and ask to speak to the Customer Care Manager.

dark_stealth

dark_stealthGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not reliable

I had an Emergency and the plumber confirm they would turn up. No show. Then I called and I was told he is not available for today. Never use this service again.

Jared M.PlumbFirst

Not reliable... this does not sound like our company.... please call the office to discuss further.
The plumbfirst team

newchumGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

customer beware

Terrible Service

Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees
TNC

TNCVictoria

Overcharge and trying to sell you so many other services, can’t trust this company

The first time I called for a leaking pipe, the guy came here said he need to charge 1k to book the team to get the equipment to investigate it. After he looked my house, and started talking about my air conditioner needs to refill gas regularly for $499, and how necessary for getting check my hot water system for $3XX.... I feel like I let a rob in trying to take money from everything .

This company Spends too much for marketing and taking customers money from membership, I don’t blame the person who came in, I don’t know how much commission he gonna take from that.

PrashantGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don’t Trust them

Don’t trust these guys. They will give you a quote which will not be afford and end up in charging $50 call out fee without doing any work. Will charge $50 rather than $49.

James h.PlumbFirst

Hi Prasha, PlumbFirst are not in control of the plumbing issues you have and can only quote to fix the problem. Please contact the office if you require $1 change and we will get that to you promptly. Kind Regards The PlumbFirst Team

Jared M.PlumbFirst

Prashant, please call the office or advise of an invoice number so I can look into this further.

The plumbfirst team

Soph

SophGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid at all costs

Invoiced $394 to use some sort of jet machinery to unblock our drain. Didn’t manage to unblock it so gave us a quote of nearly $7000 to lay new pipes. Pressured us into paying on the day and told us that it was URGENT. Was skeptical so got another plumber out the following day... $150 and the pipes were unblocked. Rang Plumbfirst to explain, and ask to just be charged the $49 call out fee, but ended up having to pay $244. Absolutely disgusted - never use them or trust them

David

DavidSouthwest, VIC

Be very careful - high pressure sales tactics and exorbitant prices

Really disappointed

Tried to organise a rough quote for a simple bbq connection to natural gas line and could not give me an indication of price over the phone despite it being quite a simple brief, and if someone came out to provide an exact quote I would be liable for a call out fee - Really disappointed with the service received.

NotHappyKarenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Out of touch and as blocked as our pipes!

Shaun Boyle

Shaun Boyle

No show

I booked in some plumbing work and took an annual leave day off work for nothing because no one showed up.
We hired another plumber who did the job for one quarter of the cost plumbfirst quoted us.
Wasted my time and annual leave but thankfully saved a thousand dollars.
Never again.

James h.PlumbFirst

Hi Shaun, Once again we apologise. We understand that your time is important. Your full refund has been processed. Kind Regards The PlumbFirst Team

Cam

Cam

Beware - Unethical behaviour. Get a 2nd Quote

My 85 year old mother had a water leak, and they panicked (conned) her into paying a $3,000 on the spot deposit and signing up for a $10,000 job. I fixed the leak in less than two hours, and subsequent estimates to complete the job have been less than $1000. It took them less than 3 hours to transact the $3000 deposit, yet it's 2 weeks later and she is still waiting for her refund. She said they were very friendly and nice - I had to remind her that all conmen are...

Peter

PeterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

blocked rainwater drain

I called the 1300 number of Plumb First and was told, that a plumber will come out, assess the reason for the blockage and give us a quote for the repair, at which point in time we can decide whether we want to go ahead or not. If we were to decide against it, we would only pay $49.00.

The plumber was a few hours late, asked us to agree to his hourly charge before he got started to investigate the reasons for the blockage and how to fix it. He fixed it within an hour and we were charged $677.60.

Against the promise on their website, we didn't get to make a decision after an assessment of the cause.
Our local plumber, with the same equipment, would have charged us $375.00.

Caulfield User

Caulfield UserGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible, unprofessional and pray on vulnerable

Request urgent help with blocked storm water drain. Sent plumber who only want $500 for use a machine. Did not know where even pipe came from or go to. Nor was interested. Horrible service and really unprofessional. Be very careful to use these company.

Jared M.PlumbFirst

Caulfield user, Thank you for your feedback, we cannot seem to find any details regarding these works. Please call the office to discuss further.

The Plumbfirst team

Johnno

Johnno

Worst experience from any trade I have ever engaged.

Not Happy

Not Happy

Get a second opinion!!!!

Called Plumbfirst when ducted heating stopped working on 1/8. Their service guy told me the gas regulator was seized and the heater was damaged and pumping carbon monoxide into my home. Said heater could not be repaired and needed to be replaced. Quoted $3300 for a replacement unit. Called another company for a second opinion. Heater fixed for $338. Replaced a couple of minor parts and tested for carbon monoxide - test result 0 emission. It's a very sad world when companies try to take people's hard earned money for no reason. Especially at the moment when everyone is doing it tough. Would never recommend this company.

Job Satisfaction

Derm

Dermasked

Underwood 4119
Need quote to replace Vulcan 250 ltr elec storage tank with same model, incl all fittings, Labor, gntees a certificates

Maurice M.
Maurice M.

Call Plumbfirst old mate.

Jared M.PlumbFirst

Derm, we can attend site for an obligation free quote if this suits? please call our office on 1800 050607 to book in

Andrew E.

Andrew E.asked

Do your Company charge to come out to quote a hot water system replacement?

jess
jess

K.Parks

K.Parksasked

I would like to know why my mum was excessively quoted $3211 for a 135lt hot water system with install. She was pushed and pressured into paying a $500 deposit and put on a payment plan. Obviously naive, she was taken advantage of.
We got another quote the same day elsewhere for $1400.
So we cancelled your job that same day ..
Why on earth is she not getting her $500 deposit back!? Or at least why is there not a resonable refund to compensate for the call out.
All the tech done was turn off the gas, took our valve and took my for a ride with a sales pitch.
Spent most of his time convincing her to take the deal. Quote number 129298 BY Leigh Tomlinton

Sam T.
Sam T.

I hope you got a refund for your mum. They took advantage of her. Terrible.
We've just had the same problem with a toilet leak. Guy came out and said we def. needed a new toilet for $1,400.
Husband agreed as we were desperate however called around for quotes. We cancelled plumbfirst same day, within 2hrs actially. Got toilet fixed for under $300. Still waiting on our dep refund which they don't want to provide claiming that cost is a diagnostic fee.. funny, when they were wrong. It's a rort. Never use these guys unless they quote cheaper than others. Shop around. They'll never get a cent from us again and I'll ensure all of our friends and family don't use them either...

Jared M.PlumbFirst

Sam, thank you for your honest opinion. We aim to please, granted we are not the cheapest company in Australia we warrant and guarantee all our works, unlike a lot of cheaper trades.
The Plumbfirst team.

Get an answer from our members and PlumbFirst representatives

Features:

• PlumbFirst is comprised of a large team of licensed plumbers
  • Based in Melbourne, these services are only available in Victoria
  • Offers a range of services including: Gas fitting, pipes and leaks, toilet plumbing, showers and baths, taps and sinks
  • Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in case of emergencies
  • Customers are charged for the job, not by the hour – so if the job ends up taking longer than anticipated there won't be a higher charge

Points of praise:

• Customers were kept informed throughout the process. If there were any changes made, such as the water being turned off, people were informed beforehand so there were no unpleasant surprises.
  • The plumbers that PlumbFirst sent out were friendly and hard working. Many reviewers reported being pleased with the person who was sent to fix their plumbing issues.
  • The majority of reviewers mentioned that tasks were completed swiftly. The plumbers arrived at their jobs on time, and displayed admirable work ethics.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

PlumbFirst has established a reputation for boasting a roster of hardworking and friendly plumbers. Due to its history of providing impressive service, this business has won a 2021 ProductReview Award for the Plumbers Category.