PlumbFirst

Pros

• Outstanding customer service

• Customers are charged by the job, not the hour

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

not happyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Over priced

A warning to all who use this company get independent pricing before agreeing. The quoted price per job isn't itemized, so you have no idea as to what you are paying for labour or parts. They get agro ( the job estimator) when you question the pricing and just want to shut the job down . Not a good way of solving issues. BEWARE , I will not be using them again

James h.PlumbFirst

not happy, We would like to address your dissatisfaction. Please contact the office and speak to the Customer Care Manager. Kind Regards The PlumbFirst Team

not happy

Hi please provide best contact number for the manager concerned, and I’ll happily call.
Regards
Stephen

MikeB

MikeBMelboune

I would never deal with them again

OK, so this company charged us $300 deposit for a job that wasn't done, then only provided a partial refund left over from a "cancellation" fee, then when I rang the office they cited cancellation fee, then after posting a review, they suggested I call them again, whereupon they then provided a full refund, which should have happened in the first place, or maybe they shouldn't have claimed they could do a job which they couldn't but another local plumber did easily for so much cheaper, but they finally gave me a full refund so some credit due I guess. I really feel I dodged a bullet by not getting this company to redo our bathrooms. Would I ever deal with this company again? No.

Job Satisfaction
lianne g.

lianne g.Victoria

Over priced and charge upfront for a quote. Dont do it.

I thought $9000 was very over priced for a new hot water system and pipes. I did not get a break down of costs like i asked, and i was told i could get this. Did not happen. They trap you with an upfront payment for a quote. Dont do it. get quotes from other people that dont charge you upfront.
The tradies however, did a very good job. One Plumber and 1 first year apprentice. But you would hope so at that price.

Penny

PennyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Overpriced!

Had an Aquamax 340 hot water system installed last week. Nathan was hardworking and polite ... however in hindsight should have got another quote. No itemised bill to separate labour costs from unit cost and having now undertaken the research realise l have been ripped off!

James h.PlumbFirst

Penny, PlumbFirst are happy to provide a breakdown between materials and labour charges. You can request this at any time.

Chris Jablonski

Chris JablonskiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Plumbfirst: Great until they got my money

Job done fine but totally over priced and push to sale

Call them about the kitchen drain blockage and got charged $580 for half an hour job. Totally over priced and at the end left all the mess of all the stuff outing out of the blocked pipe not clear with an excuse running out of fuel. Really? so i spend an other half hour to cleaned myself also the guy try to offer another service to me which is change an old pipe under the ground and he seems really not happy when i say we need to talk about it later. It feel like he is like a sales man and sale something maybe not even exist. I will recommanded to compare with someone else before you call this company.

Buyer beware

If you get a quote from PlumbFirst Coburg, check prices online for any appliances before paying a deposit. Don't get pushed into anything by the sales person. Also check that the name of the appliances are clearly defined on the quote by brand. We were shown higher value items than what arrived. For example, a basin, shower, bath combo was quoted at $945 installed. The 3 sets by Raymor cost $160 on-line in total, so installation be around 4hrs at an hourly rate of $150 ? A Hahns Grohe mixer ($269 at Harvey Norman) was quoted at $850 installed (and it only took 30min too install). So do your homework before you commit to anything.

don't trust quote

once again a firm that quotes and then when finished add gst not sure if they are aware but a quote then add gst is illegal

Misleading and hence unhelpful!

Wrote a strong recommendation for this firm and was disappointed badly days after when asking for a quote. The indicative verbal quote was much too high, and, on learning that I was searching for other quotes for comparison, the promised quote never arrived. Strongly suspect over quoting as a regular practice by its "specialist estimator"! One just can't be too careful nowadays!

Buyer beware! - Unhappy customer

Please be careful when using Plumbfirst. Buyer beware! I called Mill Park Plumbers and a Plumbfirst representative rolled up. Are these 2 companies linked? In my experience this company Plumbfirst takes advantage of the fact that clients have no idea what parts cost so can profit by charging exorbitant prices. Yes they inform you of the cost before commencing but due to lack of knowledge of the part cost this model is unfair. For example my Hot Water Service part costs around $100 but was charged $469 for 10 minutes work. Not a bad labour charge of $369.

Prompt, Pleasant but way too pricey!!!

Jared M.PlumbFirst

Rowan we are 100 percent fully licensed with the vba. Please call the office with your address and your coc will be sent.
The PlumbFirst team

Rowan

Check with the VBA then, it is in their hands now.

Got there in the end I thought

I found PlumbFirst very professional & the guys knew their stuff. We had a few issues with a PTV valve that was installed but ended up being faulty. When I rang they arranged to come out the next day & inspect things & they ended up replacing the valve, so things were fixed as required. However, a month later all the problems have resurfaced & I'll need to get someone else to fix things despite having paid $2,000! Even the simplest item - fixing a dripping shower has not been done well. Go elsewhere.

Extremely high cost

James h.PlumbFirst

Good Afternoon Elderly Defender, Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Manager on 1800 05 06 07 or email info@plumbfirst.com.au with your invoice number and we will double check pricing for you.

Elderly Defender
Elderly Defender

I have submitted this about 10 days ago.
Nothing heard, and I suspect I won't.

Jared M.PlumbFirst

Hi there, please call in to discuss.
The Plumbfirst team

Pam

PamMelbourne

Asked for a drain to be cleared. They didn't clear it but found $6K worth of problems.

A very nice man came and assessed my blocked drain, didn't clear it but ran a fibre optic camera which showed things that I really didn't understand. Apparently tree roots were everywhere and I needed to get the whole thing excavated to the tune of around $6K. We didn't go ahead but another plumber came and cleared the drain that I asked to be cleared and then cut the roots out. Its all good now. Still it cost me around $600 to have someone flush some water and put a camera down my pipes. Not quite happy with Plumbfirst.

hopeless

hopelessMelbourne

Wolf in Sheep's clothing

Jared M.PlumbFirst

Thankyou for your honest feedback. We value all our customers opinions and points of view.
The PlumbFirst team

brunoadelaide

I wish I read the reviews first, mega expensive and push you for further work

bruno

hahahahaha ad now one of the taps just leaks down the wall whenever its on!! great job Plumb First!!!

Tien

Tienvictoria

Got RIPPED OFF !!! By Leigh the plumber

MICK

MICKGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

very greedy with the $ price of the work.

when I booked this firm, I was told there was a "two hour window". The plumber did not arrive within two hours but three.
His excessive charge was, callout, use of the camera to find the blockage, then twenty minutes to clear the drain with a high pressure hose. all up, 1 hour = $550. I even had to help him with the hose around the garden.
Then he tells me that to do a proper repair for the damaged earthenware ü" joint at 1800 mm down, would be $6000.
He said it could not be lined. A VERY GREEDY FIRM . DO NOT USE THEM.

Get a second quote

Got a quote from Plumbfirst. The quote was 540.00...l told them forget it. Got the job done for 290.00 Very overpriced plumbers.

Eva

EvaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Installed Water Tank. larger size downpipe from our carport and fixed underground pipes

[name removed] and [name removed] (plumbers) were very polite and hardworking, also highlighting cracks in underground pipes I was not aware of.
We like the fact that they rang before coming to our home, so we knew approx. when they would arrive.
Answered all questions I asked with patience.

I have had to get Plumbfirst out twice to attend to leaks in the water tank, due to nut not tightened correctly and, the hole on side of water tank did not have a plastic part, which I found on top on the water tank, not connected.
Attention to detail lacking badly.

Derm

Dermasked

Underwood 4119
Need quote to replace Vulcan 250 ltr elec storage tank with same model, incl all fittings, Labor, gntees a certificates

Maurice M.
Maurice M.

Call Plumbfirst old mate.

Jared M.PlumbFirst

Derm, we can attend site for an obligation free quote if this suits? please call our office on 1800 050607 to book in

Andrew E.

Andrew E.asked

Do your Company charge to come out to quote a hot water system replacement?

jess
jess

K.Parks

K.Parksasked

I would like to know why my mum was excessively quoted $3211 for a 135lt hot water system with install. She was pushed and pressured into paying a $500 deposit and put on a payment plan. Obviously naive, she was taken advantage of.
We got another quote the same day elsewhere for $1400.
So we cancelled your job that same day ..
Why on earth is she not getting her $500 deposit back!? Or at least why is there not a resonable refund to compensate for the call out.
All the tech done was turn off the gas, took our valve and took my for a ride with a sales pitch.
Spent most of his time convincing her to take the deal. Quote number 129298 BY Leigh Tomlinton

Sam T.
Sam T.

I hope you got a refund for your mum. They took advantage of her. Terrible.
We've just had the same problem with a toilet leak. Guy came out and said we def. needed a new toilet for $1,400.
Husband agreed as we were desperate however called around for quotes. We cancelled plumbfirst same day, within 2hrs actially. Got toilet fixed for under $300. Still waiting on our dep refund which they don't want to provide claiming that cost is a diagnostic fee.. funny, when they were wrong. It's a rort. Never use these guys unless they quote cheaper than others. Shop around. They'll never get a cent from us again and I'll ensure all of our friends and family don't use them either...

Jared M.PlumbFirst

Sam, thank you for your honest opinion. We aim to please, granted we are not the cheapest company in Australia we warrant and guarantee all our works, unlike a lot of cheaper trades.
The Plumbfirst team.

Get an answer from our members and PlumbFirst representatives

Features:

• PlumbFirst is comprised of a large team of licensed plumbers
  • Based in Melbourne, these services are only available in Victoria
  • Offers a range of services including: Gas fitting, pipes and leaks, toilet plumbing, showers and baths, taps and sinks
  • Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in case of emergencies
  • Customers are charged for the job, not by the hour – so if the job ends up taking longer than anticipated there won't be a higher charge

Points of praise:

• Customers were kept informed throughout the process. If there were any changes made, such as the water being turned off, people were informed beforehand so there were no unpleasant surprises.
  • The plumbers that PlumbFirst sent out were friendly and hard working. Many reviewers reported being pleased with the person who was sent to fix their plumbing issues.
  • The majority of reviewers mentioned that tasks were completed swiftly. The plumbers arrived at their jobs on time, and displayed admirable work ethics.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

PlumbFirst has established a reputation for boasting a roster of hardworking and friendly plumbers. Due to its history of providing impressive service, this business has won a 2021 ProductReview Award for the Plumbers Category.