PlumbFirst

Pros

• Outstanding customer service

• Customers are charged by the job, not the hour

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Very expensive

The good thing is..they came out quickly to fix a leaking pipe.
However, for the amount of time taken and straight forward task I thought $958 was a rip off.
At the maximum it was 2.5-3 hours.

JEAN RAMM

JEAN RAMM

Blocked septic system

We engaged this company to unblock our septic system. Their representative came and explained what had to be done. When work began he gave incorrect instruction to the tradesmen because he did not realise our system had a filter bed so it was connected up wrongly, thereby ignoring the filter bed completely. After pointing this out to him he excepted complete responsibility for the mistake and at no cost to us rectified the problem. Apart from that I must say all the tradesmen were polite, friendly and approachable and cleaned up the site we'll on completion. Thanks to Joel and Johny, an asset to the company.

SimBrend

SimBrendGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good service

Good work, I will certainly refer to all my friends and family of 9 siblings for your service. Keep up with the good work. One thing though, need to call to follow up.

Find out how PlumbFirst compares to other Plumbers

Quality work and supported by good warranty but pricey

A quick response to my initial call and prompt site visit was a promising start but the quote (Invoice 146662) was rather high. Some questions and research showed that cheaper quotes were typically base price with extra (and often necessary) requirements being added cost. The warranty on their work was good peace of mind. Probably still more $ than most but ability to start immediately was important. The sales rep ([name removed]) was disappointingly not proactive in explaining their inclusions, terms and conditions; seemed to think I should simply know and accept that all other internet advertisers were cowboys. The work (by [name removed]) was however done very well with minimal fuss and site left tidy afterwards.

Josh T

Josh TGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Had issues, agreed to part ways

Nicole Taylor

Nicole TaylorGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Maybe good for a simple job... ours looked simple, but was not.

I used Google to find a local plumber. PlumbFirst came up as a local business. While PlumbFirst service multiple areas, it is not a local business. There was incorrect diagnosis, and great inconvenience and expense as a result. PlumbFirst is very expensive, and despite the timeliness and pleasant manner of the interactions of every PlumbFirst contractor, expertise to resolve a bigger issue in a prompt and cost effective manner was lacking was lacking. 5 stars for the lovely contractors and the fact the phone was answered... 1 star to PlumbFirst. No doubt I will miss out on the movie tickets for this review, but wait, if you can, and look elsewhere. Thank you to all the lovely staff we dealt with.

WallyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Obscene costing

Sure the work was completed, but the quotation and expected time on the job translated to an hourly rate beyond expectation and also well short of his quoted time, not unsurprisingly !

Jared M.PlumbFirst

Please call our office to discuss this further with our customer care manager. We aim to provide 100% customer satisfaction whenever possible.
The plumbfirst team

James

James

Finding a leak - 5 stars for service 2 stars for cost. A13403

Thus was our first experience using Plumbfirst and we definitely had quick, well organised service with an excellent, professional Plumber who arrived when he said he would, and knew what he was doing. The service is VERY expensive however - $600/hr for our job. Accepting the quote is optional, so the choice was ours, but I'll think closely about getting a second quote next time.

SusanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Administration Staff Let Your Team Down

I contacted PlumbFirst via their online inquiry portal. 7am the following morning, I received a call from their office and was advised that as we had used their service before, we were entitled to a $50 discount. We never received the discount even though we did discuss this after the job was completed with their Business Manager. I would suggest to anyone considering using PlumbFirst that they request written acknowledgement of any conditions offered.

Susan,
Please call the office and ask to speak with our customer care manager because you definitely are entitled to your $50 discount.
The plumbfirst team

Susan

I spoke to your office on Saturday. They advised me that someone would return my call on Monday morning re the discount. Not surprisingly, I’m still waiting for the call back.

James h.PlumbFirst

Susan, I apologise that we haven't been in touch. Please call or provide your invoice number and this will be looked into immediately. Regards The Plumbfirst Team

Malcolm

MalcolmGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great work, but!

Firstly let me say, the work carried out by Justin B and Joel B was totally professional. They were both polite, helpful and did a great job.
The price? Ripoff.

Plumbfirst: Polite prompt and professional

Plumbfirst were polite, prompt and professional. They have carried out two repairs for us now, and both have been carried out to a high standard. They are a little expensive, but there is value for money.

Invoice 123737

Hi
You recently installed a new hot water system at my home. I noticed there is small water leaking and water dripping from one of the pipes.
Can you fix this please.

Hot water system installed

Good service provided by Mark C. On time , professionally installed and explained everything about new system.
My only concern is about price of unit. I paid 2336.00 for new Rheem hot water system with 7 year warranty but online it’s under $1000.00 My invoice number is 115247

Lisa M.PlumbFirst

Thankyou for your feedback Aman, we will look into this for you and be in touch. Kind Regards the PlumbFirst Team

Fast, efficient, but small mistakes

We had a new hot water system instaled by Mark C ( invoice 113881). The job was done fast and efficient, however after the job was done we found that there’s water leaking on tank, and our ducted heating system also stopped working. We had to call them back to ask someone to come back to fix them.

Mr. T

Mr. TMelbourne

quick response

The pilot light went out when we came home from a 2 weeks holiday, found Plumbfirst online via Google, they were super responsive, a technician came within a few hours and after a quick diagnostics, I was told I needed a new control unit. Mark C from Plumbfirst came the next day and replaced the control, some 15 minutes and $952 later it was all fixed. It was a bit pricey but I couldn't do without hot water. Invoice No. 116314.

Very friendly, however...

Paul was very friendly with great customer service, however as we have wooden floor boards, nothing was put down to protect them. Unfortunately some scratches are the result.

Twice I have used them, way too expensive.

There pricing is ridiculous. 10 minute job. Part $50. Charged $420. They said this is normal pricing. In future will do more research. There attitude is very blunt. Like it or lump it.

value ?

recently used plumbfirst for swapping a toilet ,cooktop and replacing an old hotwater service have to say good service and workmanship but very pricey even with discounts so need to weigh it up if it is the price you willing to pay,

NikkiMelbourne

I'm happy with the new hot water service although I am disappointed to learn from the installer that the 50 degree set temperature cannot be turned down. The instruction book does show how to reduce the temperature however, so I need to investigate this issue further I think. I waste a lot of water in the shower trying to get the right temperature now! Very helpful and friendly installer...thanks Tom. S.

James h.PlumbFirst

Hi Nicki,
Please provide your invoice number and we will arrange to have this looked at at your earliest convenience.
Regards
The PlumbFirst Team

K Nep

K NepMelbourne

Extremely Expensive but Good Work

Engineer [name removed] did a fantastic job but the fees were more than double compared with other plumbers. Paid $3100 for a $1500 job.

Derm

Dermasked

Underwood 4119
Need quote to replace Vulcan 250 ltr elec storage tank with same model, incl all fittings, Labor, gntees a certificates

Maurice M.
Maurice M.

Call Plumbfirst old mate.

Jared M.PlumbFirst

Derm, we can attend site for an obligation free quote if this suits? please call our office on 1800 050607 to book in

Andrew E.

Andrew E.asked

Do your Company charge to come out to quote a hot water system replacement?

jess
jess

K.Parks

K.Parksasked

I would like to know why my mum was excessively quoted $3211 for a 135lt hot water system with install. She was pushed and pressured into paying a $500 deposit and put on a payment plan. Obviously naive, she was taken advantage of.
We got another quote the same day elsewhere for $1400.
So we cancelled your job that same day ..
Why on earth is she not getting her $500 deposit back!? Or at least why is there not a resonable refund to compensate for the call out.
All the tech done was turn off the gas, took our valve and took my for a ride with a sales pitch.
Spent most of his time convincing her to take the deal. Quote number 129298 BY Leigh Tomlinton

Sam T.
Sam T.

I hope you got a refund for your mum. They took advantage of her. Terrible.
We've just had the same problem with a toilet leak. Guy came out and said we def. needed a new toilet for $1,400.
Husband agreed as we were desperate however called around for quotes. We cancelled plumbfirst same day, within 2hrs actially. Got toilet fixed for under $300. Still waiting on our dep refund which they don't want to provide claiming that cost is a diagnostic fee.. funny, when they were wrong. It's a rort. Never use these guys unless they quote cheaper than others. Shop around. They'll never get a cent from us again and I'll ensure all of our friends and family don't use them either...

Jared M.PlumbFirst

Sam, thank you for your honest opinion. We aim to please, granted we are not the cheapest company in Australia we warrant and guarantee all our works, unlike a lot of cheaper trades.
The Plumbfirst team.

Get an answer from our members and PlumbFirst representatives

Features:

• PlumbFirst is comprised of a large team of licensed plumbers
  • Based in Melbourne, these services are only available in Victoria
  • Offers a range of services including: Gas fitting, pipes and leaks, toilet plumbing, showers and baths, taps and sinks
  • Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in case of emergencies
  • Customers are charged for the job, not by the hour – so if the job ends up taking longer than anticipated there won't be a higher charge

Points of praise:

• Customers were kept informed throughout the process. If there were any changes made, such as the water being turned off, people were informed beforehand so there were no unpleasant surprises.
  • The plumbers that PlumbFirst sent out were friendly and hard working. Many reviewers reported being pleased with the person who was sent to fix their plumbing issues.
  • The majority of reviewers mentioned that tasks were completed swiftly. The plumbers arrived at their jobs on time, and displayed admirable work ethics.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

PlumbFirst has established a reputation for boasting a roster of hardworking and friendly plumbers. Due to its history of providing impressive service, this business has won a 2021 ProductReview Award for the Plumbers Category.