Plumbing Detectives

Plumbing Detectives (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Plumbers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Plumbing Detectives

Sally
Sally

Do not use for an emergency - pricing is absolutely outrageous!

The work done was of good quality, the plumber was courteous and tidy. The out of hours (6.30pm on a weeknight) callout fee is $215 - and they were upfront about this which I accepted (you have to give your credit card details over the phone when you book in service). When the plumber arrived he told me that they quote "on the job" not by the hour. The plumber was in my home for just under one hour, used about $50 worth of parts and the job cost me $1440 in total. I was desperate as there are 6 people in my home and I needed to be able to use the water, but in retrospect, I wish I had waited until day hours and got the job done by a reasonable plumber who would have done it for about $500.

No-nonsense service!

I needed a quote to fix some ringing pipes, Albert and Alex arrived on time, were friendly and gave me an honest assessment of the problem.

Sara
SaraMelbourne

Good job

Very quick but thorough job. Albert and Khalil were both polite. It was great to get a call when the guys were on their way so that I didn’t need to wait by the door all morning.

PLUMBING D.Plumbing DetectivesSend a private message

At last an unblocked toilet

Prior call so I would know when they were arriving. Explained everything along the way. Alex and Albert did well

Perfect installation

Plumbing detection are very high quality and Proffessional company the stuff are excellent they responded to all my questions the technician was on great with he’s work

CG2234
CG2234Sydney

Poor service

The actual installation of a replacement hot water tank was ok but still waiting 6 weeks afterwards for the old one to be picked up despite assurances that it would take 1-2 weeks at the most. Have made numerous phone calls to see when it will be picked up - been promised it will be tomorrow etc or they'll ring me back but have had no call backs and still not picked up. I lodged a formal written complaint with them which has not even been acknowledged. Phone staff are unhelpful and don't deliver what they promise. Very disappointing :(

Exaggerated charges for simple jobs.

Explains as the work needs to be done as very complexex and gives a quote. The following day a different plumber from the same company comes in and does a much simplified work but charged as per previous quote. Charged $ 1341.00. For 1.5h work and the quote did not have a breakdown for replacement parts or labour.
If you get these guys to do a job get a detail quote in print and read before you sign.
Get them to do a drawing of what they are planning to do.
Get them to list all the parts they are going to replace.
Get the quotation detailed on parts and labour.
Read before you sign.
Never trust them.

I would not call them again !

Jocelyn
JocelynSydney

Poor communication

I booked a plumber on Wednesday for a relatively small but important job on Friday afternoon between 3 and 5pm that I needed done by the next morning at 730am. At 130pm I got an email saying they had lots of emergency jobs and couldnt do the job til the next day at 8am. On pressing they said they could send someone but the call out fee would be $95 not $45. It was not explained to me that my job would be bumped for bigger ones, leaving me then stuck and in an emergency situation. Very unhelpful.

rt212
rt212Victoria, 3015

Ouch! $500 Per Hour - Inflated prices - shop around

I should have shopped around for more quotes before agreeing for my waste water drain to be unblocked for $499. I seem to recall having this sort of simple task performed for about half the cost in the past. Also note that this company charges a $65 call-out fee.
The plumber arrived on time & I was happy with his work. I would have given the company 4 or 5 stars, but I feel I was badly stung by what I consider an over-inflated price & as such would not recommend their services to anyone.
We got their number via a letter-box dropped fridge magnet, and also one for an electrician. They both have been thrown in the bin.

Not good

I am afraid it is not what I expected. I was promised water cooler for free which I never received. And I was charged extra $70 for water pressure regulators which the Plummer said is a must to keep the warranty going and again it was not mentioned at the time of booking.

Water filter replacement

The wait was long but the job was done-3 filters replaced before I could blink my eyes. Very quick and all business.

mel
mel

great water

Great tasting water. No prolems, we use it all the time. Don't know what we would do with out it!

Love the product

Ladies are always nice over the phone the workmen are always polite and helpful. Very prompt service and efficient. Would recommend to anyone.

Annie
Annie

This is very good.

Make the life easy, simple.
The service is very good, will give me a call to remind me to change the filter.

Unbelievable

Service was done in a quick, polite and friendly manner. Ni fuss or mess left behind either. Happy with service.

hugely overpriced

Although the service was prompt and the work completed to my satisfaction the price for a thermostat replacement in a hot water system was twice as high as other plumbing companies

Water

Very quick & efficient
Happy with the service & phone call reminders when it needs to changed.

Water filter Installed

Adam came to the house early , rang first and was pleasant in doing his job. He was quick on the job.

Kay
KaySydney

Feel ripped off!!

Plumber finally arrived at 3pm in the afternoon. $65 just to come out, it appears this varies with different customers. Had us backed into a corner as we needed to have the problem fixed (front garden tap pipe broken). Quoted $380 to fix, did the job in 20 minutes and said that would be the charge whether he spent 5 minutes or 5 hours on the job. Bad attitude, total rip off, avoid this company. Advice - Do you research and find a plumber before you need one!

Very good

Very prompt and called me half an hour earlier bedore they came. They explained very well about their services and products and how the things go after.

Unreliable, terrible service

It has been 6 months and after 5 calls to this company to collect the hot water unit they just left outside my house after installing a new one, it is still sitting outside. Each time they said someone will call me back or they will schedule someone to pick it up, no one ever did. Also was not given a written quote and was charged more than what was expected. Definitely will choose another plumbing service next time.

Fifi99
Fifi99Sydney

Changing of water filter

Happy with service provided, the leaking tap was replaced free of charge as per the guarantee. They arrive on time and called to advise they were in there way

Great Job

Good service & advice. Arrived on time with no fuss. Finished job promptly. Definitely use again !!!!! Great work

take out a loan first..

Charged $15k to dig up and replace 13 metres of sewer pipe and replace concrete driveway strips. Original quote was $11800 then charged an extra $2500 for another day's hire of small digger and 1 small skip bin. They refused to replace 1m of driveway concrete which had been driven over by the digger and the skipbin delivery truck unless we paid another $350. I would NEVER recommend them. Just a bunch of thieves.

Good and Efficient

Good service since 2010. Friendly and efficient staff. Have had no problems since installation and i recommend their services to anyone.