Polocool PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

32 questions from our users

Elisha M.

Elisha M.asked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

I have the polo cool pc35, not listed here but wondering if anyone knows how to take these things apart to clean? Mine has been blowing smelly mouldy air and I’ve cleaned/scrubbed filters, tried my best to clean condensers but I really need to take it apart to clean it properly and to clean inside the machine to stop this awful smell.

Kapernick L.

Where do I buy spare parts? Not having much luck

R azcue

R azcueasked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

Can i get a replacement control panel

bill w

bill wasked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

how to pull apart to clean

45kg

Tonys

Tonysasked

How heavy please

45kg

kila p.

kila p.asked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

What is initials E2 mean?

Vicki

Vickiasked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

Could you please advise where I can purchase this product for Queensland delivery, thank you

stever2768
stever2768

Harvey Norman or Facebook for a deal

Les3122

Les3122asked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

two units about four years old, they blow cold air and work well, however, after about 20 minutes, they both trip house fuses, or power board fuses if I use them. Very frustrating. What could cause a short after 20 minutes? No water build up, unit is blowing strong cold air, but gets quite hot on the top where the buttons are.

Chris A.
Chris A.

Having the same problem... Same age machine... Did you come up with any answers at all?

Ianasked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

My polocool doesn't cut in for the aircon. It labours like it wants to cut in but returns to the fan only mode. Any suggestions on what is the issue.

Corey T.
Corey T.

The capacitor used to start the refrigeration side f things could be stuffed.
How old is it ? As they have a 2 year replacement warranty

Around 10 year old

Gavin B.

Gavin B.asked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

How much would it cost to replace the exhaust fan?

Petro

Petroasked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

Need to replace my window slider but cant find the right size part on eBay. Where can i get another part from for poloccol 53AP/c 1900BTU 5.5kw?
The part where the hose outlet connects to must be 19cm in length.

Nelson

Nelsonasked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

Exhaust hot air coming out what dimensions should it be and hot hot does the exhaust get my cooler pipe gets extremely hot?

George P

George Pasked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

Do they need re gasing after a while because mine blows warm air?

Jemmad

Jemmadasked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

Hi guys! We lost our drip tray and plug for the drainage hose whilst moving, does anyone know a way to drain it? I can’t fit anything onto it and it keeps leaking onto the carpet

Jenny
Jenny

Hi,
The same thing happened to me. I'm currently using a very low profile cookie/buscuit baking tray. It is the only thing that I can jam into the space and it works really well because it is s nice big space to catch the water.

Russell
Russell

I built a wood frame with wheels that it sits on so I can fit a 10cm high plastic tub underneath. After 6 hours the tub is only half full.

Gabs L

Gabs Lasked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

Hi I got the PC-53AP secondhand ( I know bad idea). The unit works fine except the cable and plug got hot, so does the unit close to where the exhaust and cable is. Have not used it anymore due to being aware of fire danger, Can anybody tell me if the unit is faulty? ( Tried on different outlets always same result after about 15-20 min everything gets hot).
Thanks you
Cheers Gaby

Aim

Aimasked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

Air-con was working fine for 2 weeks then all of a sudden stopped getting cold. Compressor light come on and cooking air-con light on but no cold air. Any ideas?

FERAL

FERALasked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

Where can I buy a replacement exhaust hose.And what are the dimensions? thanks

Paulas
Paulas

Harvey Norman store, for both questions....

LUTSlit

Hi There! I'm not the manufacturer or ambassador for Polocool... Suggest you look up the specifications on Google for dimensions. User manuals are readily available. As for the replacement hose you can probably Google that too. Have a great day :)

Sharon M

Sharon Masked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

where can i buy an exhaust hose and unit and window fittings for apolocool p/c53Ap/c
in au?

Vegemum
Vegemum

Amazon, unbranded but dimensions match... about $70.

Sam

Samasked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

Which number should I set for the coldest? Because I want the coldest. It's come with 18 to 32.

Goldenmum
Goldenmum

We found that setting it to 18 meant the water tray needed emptying every day. Setting it to 21 or 22 instead is better. Just check the water tray every couple of days.

spudcat
spudcat

got rid of piece of junk

LUTSlit

As a previous answer : the temperature you set the unit does NOT change the coldness of the air coming out. It is designed to switch the compressor OFF when your room reaches the desired temperature you have selected on the unit. On extra hot days, especially in uninsulated homes in Australia, the room will never reach the desired temperature selected so it is best just to set it to 18 so the compressor does not switch off. It is completely safe and normal to run these units non stop for days on end.

See all Polocool PC-53AP/C / PC-58AP/C / PC-44BP/C questions