Polocool PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

Polocool PC-53AP/C (5.5kW) (page 2 of 2)

Portable Air Conditioner Buying Guide

A portable air conditioner is a great way to stay cool, but with the array of choices, finding the best portable air conditioner can be complex. This portable air conditioners buying guide is here to help you meet your AC match so you can spend a cool time together.

Read now

3.7

harmony

harmonyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

works well

finding this air con pretty good for a portable. only problem I've really had is trying to find extra parts so I can use it in the bedroom, what's the good of having a portable air con you can't move to use in another room? what if we need spare parts????

shereejc

shereejcSydney

Works very well

I've had this unit for almost two years now and it is still running great. Guests I have had over have commented that it works better than their wall-mounted ac. Definitely powerful, it cools a combined lounge/dining room with no trouble. It is noisy, but considering that it can be 35 outside and only 20 inside, I'm not complaining! I had a wall mounted ac at my previous house and found that my electricity bills were much higher than the ones I have now. I don't know if this can be solely due to the portable ac, but regardless, I haven't had any 'shock' electricity bills since owning this. My children did snap the window bracket in half, but I had that replaced at Harvey Norman.

Compresser keeps turning on and off?

Can anyone tell me if their Polocools compresser continues to turn on and off when in use? This is only the second time Ive had it on and it didn't do it the first time. Is it faulty or is there something I can do?

Portable Air Conditioners

Find out how Polocool PC-53AP/C (5.5kW) compares to other Portable Air Conditioners

Most stupidest thing I have bought

I have not even had this for a year yet and doesn't even cool down any part / bedroom in my house what a waste of $1000 could of gottensomething way better then this garbage.

kimsmith

kimsmithGold Coast

Polocool PC-53A

Not easy are salesperson said to install & run.
    1. Door extension not sealing even with 2 rolls of foam around door. (Ordered a made-to-measure perspec panel & taped it in.
    2.Hose keeps falling out - Duct taped it in.
    3. Noise level - can't hear tv - bought Wifi Headphones
    4. Cost to run - Extra $100 per quarter Sept-Dec (but haven't got thru summer yet!)
    so $1000+ later I have a portable Air Con. That does cool even with GC humidity

Skoodles

Skoodles

Useless after the first season.

Shazza

ShazzaMount isa qld

Help my polo cool is blowing warm air

Called polo cool company they said it could need a regas called Harvey normal they gave us the contractor and he said you may as we'll throw it away cause it would cost to much to fix it???
    anyone have the same problem

Hopefully it will cool my three bedroom house ,

I bought a polo cool p/c -53AP/ my living area kitchen dinning and lounge room are a open plan will one polo cool be enough. I have tried other brands that have not been able to cool my living area. I have read the reviews and have come to the conclusion that polo cool seem to be the unit I have been after . Hopefully

Would recommend this machine

We used to have a Delongi portable air, until it failed completely after only two years. The polo cool is reliable, and cools our 4m X 3m room quickly on very hot days. It's a lot quieter than the Delongi too. Would certainly recommend to friends and family. Keep cool!
    Quiet and efficient cooling
    Not much. Could design connection of exhaust a bit better.

gugusipi

gugusipimelbourne

works well

i bought two of the 6kw versions and placed them so that the hot air was released up into the fireplace. lounge room is 10 x 6 metres. top story unit. double brick but one side faces west. outside its 40 and inside its 24. outstanding - but have to buy two!
    powerful
    nothing - expected the noise -- but lets see the bill

jacob123

jacob123sydney

Fan Blower Replacement Part

Hi .I have a polocool PC-53AP/C. The fan blower that pushes the hot air out of the unit ,is been shredded to pieces.I'm looking for a replacement. I've located a parts supplier company that has the part in stock however they don't sell direct to public.Any assistance in purchasing the part would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Fan blower screw-on nut was not tightened properly from manufacturer.Caused the exhaust fan blower to shred to pieces .

get it through harvey norman its a $20 part

DaveyM

no sorry i was thinking of the air hose i didnt read it too well.

Mr Bono

Mr BonoSydney

Polocool 5.5kw Portable AirCon

Arborist
    Arborist
    massalskyh

hi im not sure what this means would you be able to explain it in laymans terms, thank you so much :)

arborist
    arborist

An excellent Air Conditioner

Triv

Did you pay cash for this unit?

massalskyh

Hi did they extend the warranty for free? :)

csimghSouth East Queensland, QLD

I was surprised

Triv

Interesting on the price - down in NSW they are still advertising for $1295 at Harvey Norman!!!! Can you advise what store you brought it from, any details so I can use this to possibly get a better price?

CoolView
    CoolView
    Unkle_Ed

Unkle_EdQLD, 4022

Extremely Happy with it's performance

Triv

Hi, did you pay cash for the unit? What did you end up paying for it. Thanks

Brant smith
    Brant smith

I just bought one of these units from Harvey Norman logan home was marked $1295 told the guy seen it for $850 - $900 on reviews from their website. Guy walked away came back and offered me $900 and 5 yr warranty for $159

massalskyh

That's fantastic thanks for the info :)

See all Polocool PC-53AP/C / PC-58AP/C / PC-44BP/C reviews