Polocool PC-53AP/C / PC-58AP/C / PC-44BP/C

Polocool PC-53AP/C / PC-58AP/C / PC-44BP/C (page 2 of 2)

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW), PC-58AP/C (6.0kW), PC-44BP/C (4.4kW)

Portable Air Conditioner Buying Guide

A portable air conditioner is a great way to stay cool, but with the array of choices, finding the best portable air conditioner can be complex. This portable air conditioners buying guide is here to help you meet your AC match so you can spend a cool time together.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Heating / Cooling Speed
  • Portability

GoldenmumSouth East Queensland, QLD

Has saved my sanity over this endless hot summer.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
JW19

JW19Sydney, NSW

Great & powerful unit

Ok, let's start by saying it's not very quiet as it's not a fan. The condenser unit is in-built to the portable aircon hence the noise. If you can't accept the noise, I think you need to get a split-system installed. However if you're like us and can bear the noise, this is a great unit. It's powerful enough for a 1-bed apartment living room (not very big space-wise) during those hot days. I would rather have the noise and than to bear the summer heat. It also comes with piping and window kit, which we wrapped in bubble-wrap for a better insulation against outside warm air. From memory, we only had to empty the water tank twice in the 5-year we have this unit.

Date PurchasedDec 2010

Great air conditioner

I bought this model 2 years ago and i have had no trouble with it. It was so good i bought a second one. Now if it is hot i not longer care as i know it will cool the rooms quickly i place it in. As for the sound it is not really that bad and i would rather a bit of sound than sweat all night in a hot room. As far as im concerned if you want a good unit buy this one.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Portable Air Conditioners

Find out how Polocool PC-53AP/C / PC-58AP/C / PC-44BP/C compares to other Portable Air Conditioners

keisha01au

keisha01auVictoria

Surprisingly good

I was a bit dubious about how effective this would be, but was pleasantly surprised. It works quickly and effectively cools 2 large rooms. I put mine in a separate room if I'm watching tv but it's no noisier than the old box air-conditioners. Easy to put together but it is heavy.

2311052jed

2311052jedSouth East Queensland, QLD

best portable air con

One of the most expensive portable air cons but ultra reliable and very effective. I have used this throughout the summer and it has performed very well and I only emptied out a very small amount of condensation once. Awesome machine and I highly recommend it above all others that I looked at

DevMelbourne

PoloCool..Super cool indeed!!!!

Initially thought of buying 3.5 KW Unit, however was skeptical if that would suffice during the worst days of summer.
Opted for 6.0 KW unit as it had better cooling record under hotter conditions compared to the 3.5 KW unit.
Got the unit on Jan 10th when Melbourne temperature was pleasant.
Used the Air con on Monday 12th Jan when the temperature was 32 deg in a hall sized 4mX5m, it was able to drop it down to 23 degrees in an hours time.
That is pretty decent I guess, I will have to wait and watch when the temperature soars to 38 deg or 40 deg (that will be the real test for this unit).
As of now, I liked the powerful cooling unit and give full marks for its design and performance.

Lisa

Lisa

Great Air Conditioner

I bought mine about four years ago. The first one played up after 12 months, rattling and making a dreadful noise. It was exchanged under guarantee, and I have had the same one since. An extremely effective cooler in a large area, but I have found it quite heavy on power usage. However, it is the best and most powerful portable system available. Not too noisy, and the fan is powerful. Very heavy to move on carpet, but I am happy that I purchased this particular unit, and it is reliable and something I use all the time in summer.

Denise Huirua

Denise HuiruaNsw

Brilliant - Highly Recommend

Bought this as a temporary measure as our home was getting A/C installed during winter. The space we had was a large space comprising of lounge and dining area. This machine cooled the room to a lovely 20 degrees in a 39 degree heat wave and kept it cool. Was worth every single cent and very good on power usage. Now it is in the play room and just as good as the first day we bought him home. Very much a part of the family and will never get rid of it. Have highly recommended for people who don't have these units and need portable AC. Will not disappoint!!

Good aircon

Bought it second hand, had to replace an electric item, works continuously except if I put it on 25 degrees C, then the unit stops but the fan keeps going then starts up again after a few minutes. Also very little water runs out of the drain and we live in a very humid area, where other aircons fill buckets mine doesn't, anyone else having these cases?

shereejc

shereejcSydney

Works very well

I've had this unit for almost two years now and it is still running great. Guests I have had over have commented that it works better than their wall-mounted ac. Definitely powerful, it cools a combined lounge/dining room with no trouble. It is noisy, but considering that it can be 35 outside and only 20 inside, I'm not complaining! I had a wall mounted ac at my previous house and found that my electricity bills were much higher than the ones I have now. I don't know if this can be solely due to the portable ac, but regardless, I haven't had any 'shock' electricity bills since owning this. My children did snap the window bracket in half, but I had that replaced at Harvey Norman.

Jimmy S

Jimmy SAdelaide

PoloAwesome

Chillin'Southwest, VIC

Impressive!

Chillin'

I forgot to include in above review that the PC also comes in a 6.0kw for larger areas. Thankyou :)

gugusipi

gugusipimelbourne

works well

i bought two of the 6kw versions and placed them so that the hot air was released up into the fireplace. lounge room is 10 x 6 metres. top story unit. double brick but one side faces west. outside its 40 and inside its 24. outstanding - but have to buy two!
powerful
nothing - expected the noise -- but lets see the bill

Mr Bono

Mr BonoSydney

Polocool 5.5kw Portable AirCon

Arborist
Arborist
massalskyh

hi im not sure what this means would you be able to explain it in laymans terms, thank you so much :)

arborist
arborist

An excellent Air Conditioner

Triv
Triv

Did you pay cash for this unit?

massalskyh

Hi did they extend the warranty for free? :)

See all Polocool PC-53AP/C / PC-58AP/C / PC-44BP/C reviews

Ray H.

Ray H.asked

PC-53AP/C / PC-58AP/C / PC-44BP/C

Where does the drip tray fit into the unit

Ray H.

Ray H.asked

PC-53AP/C / PC-58AP/C / PC-44BP/C

Where does the drip tray fit

Stacey M.

Stacey M.asked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

Hi all,
My pc53 has 00 on the screen. Any ideas what this means?? Not blowing cold air anymore. Just fan. It has clean filters and drained water. Not sure what else to do.

Features:

• There are three models: the PC-35AP/C, which cools rooms up to 20sqm, the PC-44BP/C, for rooms up to 30sqm, and the PC58AP/C, suitable for larger rooms up to 42 sqm.
  • Comes with an included window kit, that suits all window types and sliding doors. It’s meant to make for easier installation, but you can also purchase a ceiling/wall exhaust if this is more practicable.
  • According to Polocool, the water tank never needs to be emptied, even when a room is high in humidity. This may be helped in part by the built-in dehumidifier.
  • Included timer allows for easy set-and-forget functionality.

Overall, reviewers appreciated that the Polocool PC AC models were quiet in operation, that they usually only had to be emptied out once at the end of summer, and perhaps most importantly of all – that they produce crisp, cold air that kept a room comfortable, no matter how high the barometer rose outside.

Compare all 3 Polocool PC-53AP/C / PC-58AP/C / PC-44BP/C
CategoryPortable Air ConditionersPortable Air ConditionersPortable Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $1,049.00$1,395.00$1,095.00
Features Dehumidifying Function, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlDehumidifying Function, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlDehumidifying Function, On/Off Timer and Remote Control
Cooling Power5.5 kW6 kW4.4 kW
Reverse Cycle NoNo
Cooling Capacity19,000 BTU20,000 BTU
Dimensions 775 x 365 x 568 mm775 x 365 x 568 mm775 x 365 x 568 mm
Auto Restart FunctionNo
Max Room Size 394230
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateOct 2011Oct 2011Oct 2011