Polocool PC-53AP/C / PC-58AP/C / PC-44BP/C

Polocool PC-53AP/C / PC-58AP/C / PC-44BP/C (page 4 of 5)

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW), PC-58AP/C (6.0kW), PC-44BP/C (4.4kW)

Portable Air Conditioner Buying Guide

A portable air conditioner is a great way to stay cool, but with the array of choices, finding the best portable air conditioner can be complex. This portable air conditioners buying guide is here to help you meet your AC match so you can spend a cool time together.

Read now

• Heating / Cooling Speed
  • Portability

Not efficient enough, left water all over carpet

Purchased a PC-44 on Saturday 23/01/16, turned on unit and mounted all correctly. Struggled to cool room 12m2,

Room was 42 deg during peak day, and only dropped temp by 4 deg. Celsius to 38 deg.

Night temp of 29 deg Celsius reduced room temp to 23 deg Celsius.

Woke in the morning to find unit gurgling with water like sound, and water all over the carpet, even though the drain plug was securely fitted.

At a cost of $999au I was expecting much better performance/quality. Let's hope the retailer comes to the party and offers a refund.

Ellaina

Ellaina

Cools our open plan lounge room well

I bought the Polocool 6kw during a heatwave (40 degree + heat) to cool our open plan lounge room - which is approximately 30m2. The Polocool cooled the room well, although it would perform optimally in smaller rooms which can be closed off, like a bedroom. Although it is louder than a regular split system, it really isn't too bad. I was worried about the noise, based on some people's reviews but in my opinion, it is fine. Being cool is more important to me than having a whisper quiet machine.

resusjam

resusjamMelbourne

Happy with product

Portable Air Conditioners

Find out how Polocool PC-53AP/C / PC-58AP/C / PC-44BP/C compares to other Portable Air Conditioners

Fruju

Biggest Portable Air Conditioning Available

2311052jed

2311052jedSouth East Queensland, QLD

best portable air con

One of the most expensive portable air cons but ultra reliable and very effective. I have used this throughout the summer and it has performed very well and I only emptied out a very small amount of condensation once. Awesome machine and I highly recommend it above all others that I looked at

DevMelbourne

PoloCool..Super cool indeed!!!!

Initially thought of buying 3.5 KW Unit, however was skeptical if that would suffice during the worst days of summer.
Opted for 6.0 KW unit as it had better cooling record under hotter conditions compared to the 3.5 KW unit.
Got the unit on Jan 10th when Melbourne temperature was pleasant.
Used the Air con on Monday 12th Jan when the temperature was 32 deg in a hall sized 4mX5m, it was able to drop it down to 23 degrees in an hours time.
That is pretty decent I guess, I will have to wait and watch when the temperature soars to 38 deg or 40 deg (that will be the real test for this unit).
As of now, I liked the powerful cooling unit and give full marks for its design and performance.

Lisa

Lisa

Great Air Conditioner

I bought mine about four years ago. The first one played up after 12 months, rattling and making a dreadful noise. It was exchanged under guarantee, and I have had the same one since. An extremely effective cooler in a large area, but I have found it quite heavy on power usage. However, it is the best and most powerful portable system available. Not too noisy, and the fan is powerful. Very heavy to move on carpet, but I am happy that I purchased this particular unit, and it is reliable and something I use all the time in summer.

Denise Huirua

Denise HuiruaNsw

Brilliant - Highly Recommend

Bought this as a temporary measure as our home was getting A/C installed during winter. The space we had was a large space comprising of lounge and dining area. This machine cooled the room to a lovely 20 degrees in a 39 degree heat wave and kept it cool. Was worth every single cent and very good on power usage. Now it is in the play room and just as good as the first day we bought him home. Very much a part of the family and will never get rid of it. Have highly recommended for people who don't have these units and need portable AC. Will not disappoint!!

Good aircon

Bought it second hand, had to replace an electric item, works continuously except if I put it on 25 degrees C, then the unit stops but the fan keeps going then starts up again after a few minutes. Also very little water runs out of the drain and we live in a very humid area, where other aircons fill buckets mine doesn't, anyone else having these cases?

harmony

harmonyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

works well

finding this air con pretty good for a portable. only problem I've really had is trying to find extra parts so I can use it in the bedroom, what's the good of having a portable air con you can't move to use in another room? what if we need spare parts????

shereejc

shereejcSydney

Works very well

I've had this unit for almost two years now and it is still running great. Guests I have had over have commented that it works better than their wall-mounted ac. Definitely powerful, it cools a combined lounge/dining room with no trouble. It is noisy, but considering that it can be 35 outside and only 20 inside, I'm not complaining! I had a wall mounted ac at my previous house and found that my electricity bills were much higher than the ones I have now. I don't know if this can be solely due to the portable ac, but regardless, I haven't had any 'shock' electricity bills since owning this. My children did snap the window bracket in half, but I had that replaced at Harvey Norman.

Compresser keeps turning on and off?

Can anyone tell me if their Polocools compresser continues to turn on and off when in use? This is only the second time Ive had it on and it didn't do it the first time. Is it faulty or is there something I can do?

Most stupidest thing I have bought

I have not even had this for a year yet and doesn't even cool down any part / bedroom in my house what a waste of $1000 could of gottensomething way better then this garbage.

kimsmith

kimsmithGold Coast

Polocool PC-53A

Not easy are salesperson said to install & run.
1. Door extension not sealing even with 2 rolls of foam around door. (Ordered a made-to-measure perspec panel & taped it in.
2.Hose keeps falling out - Duct taped it in.
3. Noise level - can't hear tv - bought Wifi Headphones
4. Cost to run - Extra $100 per quarter Sept-Dec (but haven't got thru summer yet!)
so $1000+ later I have a portable Air Con. That does cool even with GC humidity

Skoodles

Skoodles

Useless after the first season.

Jimmy S

Jimmy SAdelaide

PoloAwesome

Shazza

ShazzaMount isa qld

Help my polo cool is blowing warm air

Called polo cool company they said it could need a regas called Harvey normal they gave us the contractor and he said you may as we'll throw it away cause it would cost to much to fix it???
anyone have the same problem

Hopefully it will cool my three bedroom house ,

I bought a polo cool p/c -53AP/ my living area kitchen dinning and lounge room are a open plan will one polo cool be enough. I have tried other brands that have not been able to cool my living area. I have read the reviews and have come to the conclusion that polo cool seem to be the unit I have been after . Hopefully

Wish i bought a known brand.Fujitsu or Daikin.

Disappointed doesn't begin to describe this unit. I opted for double the capacity I required, and got a lemon instead. I would have been better of buying $1000.00 of ice and a fan. I'l be back at Hardly Normal on saturday for a refund or a Fujitsu or Daikin instead. The fine print in warranty exclusions states: this polocool warranty does not apply to : Any claims made regarding the cooling capacity of the air conditioner in square metres of floor area.This is given as a guide and can have substantial variations. Installation was done to the letter.

absolute failure to cool for any period longer than 2 minutes, and ran on fan for up to 18 minutes.

Arborist
Arborist
See all Polocool PC-53AP/C / PC-58AP/C / PC-44BP/C reviews

Col

Colasked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

I need a longer window slider approx 1 metre long any ideas were to purchase.
I live in Perth
Cheers
Col

Daz Za

Daz Zaasked

PC-53AP/C / PC-58AP/C / PC-44BP/C

The water storage is cracked. Can this be replaced?
Where can I purchase a replacement water storage component, I think the drainage nozzle has snapped off.

Janet H.

Janet H.asked

PC-53AP/C (5.5kW)

I have a PC mega 6.o watt and It has stopped being a air conditioner and only has the fan function ,no codes have come up on the screen ,we can hear the unit trying to turn the condenser on (if that is the right term )to be an air conditioner.
My question is can this be fixed?

Kenny
Kenny

Sounds like startup/run compressor capacitor

Features:

• There are three models: the PC-35AP/C, which cools rooms up to 20sqm, the PC-44BP/C, for rooms up to 30sqm, and the PC58AP/C, suitable for larger rooms up to 42 sqm.
  • Comes with an included window kit, that suits all window types and sliding doors. It’s meant to make for easier installation, but you can also purchase a ceiling/wall exhaust if this is more practicable.
  • According to Polocool, the water tank never needs to be emptied, even when a room is high in humidity. This may be helped in part by the built-in dehumidifier.
  • Included timer allows for easy set-and-forget functionality.

Overall, reviewers appreciated that the Polocool PC AC models were quiet in operation, that they usually only had to be emptied out once at the end of summer, and perhaps most importantly of all – that they produce crisp, cold air that kept a room comfortable, no matter how high the barometer rose outside.

Compare all 3 Polocool PC-53AP/C / PC-58AP/C / PC-44BP/C
CategoryPortable Air ConditionersPortable Air ConditionersPortable Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) A$1,049.00A$1,395.00A$1,095.00
Features Dehumidifying Function, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlDehumidifying Function, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlDehumidifying Function, On/Off Timer and Remote Control
Cooling Power5.5 kW6 kW4.4 kW
Reverse Cycle NoNo
Cooling Capacity19,000 BTU20,000 BTU
Dimensions 775 x 365 x 568 mm775 x 365 x 568 mm775 x 365 x 568 mm
Auto Restart FunctionNo
Max Room Size 394230
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateOct 2011Oct 2011Oct 2011