Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel

Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel (page 2 of 4)

See the Best Garden Hoses in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Pope

Jane of PerthPerth, WA

12 metre non retractable hose.

I bought 12 metre Pope retractable hose on 2.10.19 - mounted on wall used it once. It didn’t retract. I tried gentle, water off, on to “release the pressure” as instructed.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $71.00.

Thanks, Thanks. I’ll take my receipt and seek a replacement from Bunnings

Mykal
MykalCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Didn't last a day

Bought the"new and improved" model, as the last one broke after only 2 or three years. Unwound it 10m and spent 10 minutes trying to get it to go back in. I gave up with about 1.5m still hanging out. Taking it back and will try an el-cheapo.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $179.00.

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy CustomerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible quality. Designed to save time but it does quite the opposite.

Purchased the brand new model (30m) from Bunnings Warehouse. Worked once then had to sit there for at least 10 minutes nursing the hose back on the reel. I have taken all measures for it to work, including releasing the water pressure prior to reeling up the hose. However, it doesn't increase the quality of the system. The hose is advertised to be of high quality however, it developed bothersome kinks within the first week. Which further increases the time required. Horrible quality and a waste of money. If I could give zero stars I would. Very disappointed pope... You've lost a valuable customer

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $179.00.

shaun austin
shaun austinSydney, NSW

Keep your receipt

I have bought 4 of the 20m retractable hose reels over the last few years. One of the reels was bothersome in regard to quickly retracting as it took about 5 to 10 pulls to make the hose rewind into the case. Reel was between 2 years old. I Called Pope, explained the situation and was directed to take it back to the store for a replacement which I did successfully. The new reel is perfect just like the others.
Good service from Pope, thanks.

Purchased in March 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $130.00.

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy CustomerSydney, NSW

This new improved rewind system has really fixed my issues with the old model.

Purchased the old model which I had replaced at Bunnings with another type after finding it very hard lock in position and then rewind. Have just replaced that with the new improved system and can't fault it.
Well done Pope you have got it right this time.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $179.00.

Ron L
Ron L

absolute junk

Bought the 30 metre hose. went to fix it to the wall. Three of the securing bolts snapped before even being wound half in and I have already drilled pilot holes in the wall. Crap chinese bolts. I then had to spend two hours trying to drill them out and then move the mounting plate. After one weeks use it wont wind back properly and leaves metres of hose across the patio then i have to nurse it back for 10 minutes a bit at a time to get it wound up. Don't even get me started in the sub quality hose that's supplied that kinks - absolute waste of money and not worth what they charge for it.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $180.00.

rubbish

don't ring customer support because they can't help you. they just tell you to take it back to the store. it does not rewind for the last 1.5 metres of length

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

The Pope TeamPope

good reel if used correctly.

had 30m reel for about 2yrs. the grandies (1 of them) has let the hose go and it has broken the small cog inside the unit not allow the spindle to retract the hose. like most people, I have lost my receipt so no return or exchange. Email Pope and no they don't have the spare parts, which is annoying. how do you get tension back on the reel. Any ideas.
Cheers,
Gezza

Purchased in October 2017.

Thanks.

Bong CheBrisbane Region

Poor quality, failed after less than a year

Bought from Bunnings and installed out of the full sun on the wall. Probably used once every 2 weeks for about the last year. It always was a problem to lock when the hose was out and generally rough in operation. Got progressively got worse in the next few months and now the host is stuck out and doesn't wind at all. It goes out with the garbage this week. Of course I don't have a legible receipt so $169 down the drain. Unreliable and obviously not designed for reliable service.

Purchased in February 2018 at Bunnings for $169.00.

Bong Che

I doubt I bought it on it's own. Undoubtedly I have a Bunnings transaction around that time for a value in excess. Ill have a look. I still have the faulty unit (garbage day tomorrow) which will prove that I bought it.

RM893223

Waste of money

Purchased this hose reel from Bunnings about 6 months ago. Made the mistake of thinking that it would be O.K. Bought a nylex one at the same time. Pope one is nearly ready for the rubbish tip. Nylex one is excellent. Should have read the reviews before purchasing. I am not one to keep receipts. When purchasing an item, I expect under Australian standards, the product will do what it is meant to do. After reading the answers from Pope, it would appear that it is a generic answer. In other words all the same.

Purchased in May 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

RM89

Found the receipt from Bunnings. Purchased 19/1/2018. Surprise surprise, warranty for this product is 1 year. The cheaper Nylex has 2 year warranty.
be interesting if Pope stands by their product, or is it "Buyer Beware".

Shaz26
Shaz26Sydney, NSW

Great product

An excellent product. The hose still unwinds and rewinds with ease after over four years. I use this hose for everything, watering the garden, washing the cars, washing the dogs etc. Would highly recommend this product, it's great value for money.

Purchased in November 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for $179.00.

won't lock in Position

Purchased this product at Bunnings, Installed it as per instructions, work OK for a while then started locking in position intermittently, just over 12 months it stopped working al together. Would not recommend this piece of junk to anyone. After reading all the reviews., this product should not be on the market.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

SuePerth, WA

Strength of 10 men is required to pull hose out and it now won't retract!

I purchased this Pope 30 mtre auto wind hose reel because I was fed up with winding the hose manually to a wall bracket. It worked reasonably OK at first but it now needs the strength of ten men to pull it out and it will now not retract. I am not a happy pensioner! I cannot find the receipt but will keep looking.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Sue

Talk about stand by your product. I am really impressed and grateful. I will take it back to Bunnings, where I purchased it.

Jan
JanPenrith

Shocking product

I have never been more disappointed in a product. I've only had it for a few days and I am over it. Kinks, retracts occasionally and basically a very poor product. Not only will I never buy another Pope Hose I will also never buy any Pope products. It should be taken off the shelf.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Brett B.South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing.

I purchased the Pope 30 meter auto wind hose reel from Bunnings in August of 2017. The Item has been used sparingly and in accordance with it's intended purpose over that time, with a period of at least 3 months with no use at all due to renovations. The item failed in October of this year, just out of warranty I hasten to add, very disappointing for something that cost $199.00.
I'm writing this review as a warning to others, don't waste your money.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Rose
RoseLaunceston

Frustrating and can’t wait to return it

Bought one (supposed to be new and improved) with trouble retracting and lots of hose around my feet and all over the garden. Also if it did retract, the last foot or so wouldn’t. Returned it for a replacement and the same problem. Will buy the cheaper brand and see how that goes.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
J.J
J.JDarwin

Won’t fully rewind

The Pope 20m auto wind hose reel with new and improved rewind system didn’t fully rewind leaving about 1.5m of hose hanging from case. This occurred after only 4 days of use. Problem occurred even when rewind was slow and controlled. The case looks to small for hose length, if hose doesn’t spool perfectly it jams up against case. Waste of time installing, returning and patching the mounting holes.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
link
linkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Broken parts....

I’ve had it awhile but it’s broken the part that moves from side to side as it rewinds so it bunches up in one side or tangled up requiring you to pull the hose out and retract is again.
So it’s close to useless.
That part is flimsy plastic and not fit for purpose IMO.
I can’t get the part so it will get replaced wit another brand.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Erica
Erica

Pope hose reel

We purchased this hose reel (30 metre) about 18 months ago. We purchased what we considered to be the best quality (and certainly the most expensive) retractable reel from a reputable brand. It worked as marketed for approximately one month. After that, it would not fully retract, leaving about 3 metres of hose. We tried fully extending the hose and then rewinding, without success. It also would not lock. Now it locks intermittently but will not retract and we have the length of hose lying around.

Very frustrating - we live in a confined space and bought this so that we wouldn't be looking at untidy hose - unsuccessful on all fronts. I would appreciate a reply from Pope on why this product does not perform its key function.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Awesome poor product

I Bought one of these and drill holes on wall and to my surprise,it won't retract on the 1st use,lost my receipt so poor me..total loss of time and money,would not recommend this product and not Australian standard,at least the company should have tested the mechanism before putting this on the market

Tony D
Tony Dadelaide

trouble winding in and out

I have had 2 X 30m hose reels with the same problem, after a while the rubber band that operates the lateral hose guide stretches which means that the hose gets cross-wound on itself making it almost impossible to pull it of the reel which is very annoying, apart from that it is not a bad unit, just spend a few more cents on a quality rubber band not the rubbish you use now.( free advice )

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Useless

I bought a 30 meter hose reel, unpacked it and installed it on the wall wouldn’t retract on first use, got it exchanged and replacement wouldn’t unwind, kept receipt so got a refund , waste of $180 dollars , absolute piece of garbage.
Pope used to be a great product but this “ new technology rewind” is useless

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Do Not Buy

Bought a 30m retractable model and it is a total piece of junk. Only had this for 4 months, and in that time it doesn't retract properly, is difficult to pull out, the hose kinks ALL the time, the nosel leaks, and now to top it off the locking mechanism doesn't work which means the hose is completely useless. Paid $200 at Bunnings for this, and haven't kept the receipt so can't do anything about it. Can't wait to throw this piece of crap in the bin - will never buy another Pope product and I would encourage others to also avoid this awful product or anything with a Pope logo on it.

Hel
HelBallarat

Very frustrating!

We purchased the 30 metre hose 4 months ago, I am left totally frustrated and disappointed in this product due to the locking mechanism not locking into place. Would not buy this product again. On the up side my arm muscle are stronger due to the continual wrestle with the hose.

Ben H.Pope