Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel

Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel

See the Best Garden Hoses in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Pope

Tom
TomSouth Australia

Should be zero.

Purchased in September 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $189.00.

Glenn
GlennSydney Surrounds, NSW

Shithouse In every way

Bolt snapped, screws rusted, doesn’t do what it’s designed to and it cost well over $100 - terrible quality product. The Aldi ones at a fraction of the price put these to shame

Purchased in March 2019.

Ray
RaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality

The rewind mechanism only after many attempts to get it to wind the hose in - normally have pulled up to an extra 10m out before it will rewind. Rarely fully rewinds, generally won't rewind last 1 to 2m in. Pathetic quality.

LukeSydney, NSW

Was once good quality! Now poor made over priced Chinese quality!

The quality of Pope is extremely poor! Not only the reel and cheap fittings! Make sure you keep your receipt! I am very disappointed after replacing 3 hoses and not even checking the reviews as my old Pope hoses were probably 15 years old!!

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse MarketLink for $160.00.

Pete
PeteGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Leaks

First unit leaked from inside the drum, second one now leaks from handle. Less than 6 months old and hardly used. The return mechanism is not great, requiring a number of pulls to get it to retract. Thankfully Bunnings exchange/refund easily. Unfortunately left with the bracket on the brick wall.

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Not very good

Hose itself isn't bad but auto reel is rubbish. You can't have and pressure in hose to auto retract and even with no water pressure doesn't retract all the way.

Purchased in December 2020 for $140.00.

The Pope TeamPope

abysmal flow rate and broken

bought this when we moved into our new house in may and it broke last week. Gives absolutely poor flow rate, the auto rotate sprinkler doesn't even move and the water barely travels 1.5 metres but get over 5 metres when connected without the auto wind hose. Lost my receipt so cannot return and iys over 3 months so I can't get records of sale. Disgusted with the quality. I have never bought anything other than nylex but have this a go because it was $50 cheaper and regret it.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $125.00.

Rosalin
RosalinSydney, NSW

Never worked Hose won't retract

i have had this hose for a month and it gets stuck and won't retract. I'll have to return it and I'm very disappointed that it doesn't work. I liked the appearance of the reel - the colour of the case is good but that's the only thing that's good about it.

Purchased in August 2020.

Cathleen R.
Cathleen R.Mid North Coast, NSW

Didn't last long

Didn't last long and they will not give you an answer, about a return or repair, they take your money and run, no customer service.
Would never recommend or purchase again.

Purchased in May 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse for $125.00.

Find out how Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel compares to other Garden Hoses

Difficult to use and Brock off the wall bracket.

Difficult to use and Brock off the wall bracket.
don't have the recipt, purchased this Pope brand 30m auto wind hose reel a year ago and other than the very first time i used it, it has been nothing but trouble.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $79.00.

Donna M
Donna MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Tried 3 and have now given up!!!

I purchased this Pope brand 12m auto wind hose reel a few months ago and other than the very first time i used it, it has been nothing but a nightmare! It has been replaced two times at Bunnings (where it was purchased) and both times it has been exactly the same. I am on my third one at the moment and have given up and now leave it unwound on my grass!
I bought this because I thought it would be more easier than the hand winder type of reel but this has been pure torture!
My partner has an OLD Holman and one jerk on the hose and it rewinds completely...obviously Pope have a design flaw somewhere with this particular unit.
My advise to you all....don’t buy Pope!!! The frustration just isn’t worth it!!

not happy

bought a 30m pope hose reel from bunnings on the weekend not happy with water seems restricted so not happy . should of bought a hoselink brand that i had before .

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $188.00.

Darryl BowlingNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Unsatisfactory product

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Darryl Bowling

Thank you for your response. It is untrue to say you sell these units without any issues. This customer can read your product review area. Maybe you should too! The quality of this product is really quite underdeveloped.

Liz
LizSouthwest, VIC

Snapped bolts and won't retrarct

Like other people here, I've had issues with bolts snapping when mounting it to the wall of my house, and then the hose not retracting with ease. I bought this product a year ago, but have only got around to mounting it recently as I've been overseas for seven months. So I no longer have the receipt for an exchange. Annoying because the actual quality of the hose is good, but now it's just lying around the garden in a big mess like my previous hose was!

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $179.00.

ARK
ARK

pope auto wind hose reel

failed to retract much at all. 14 months old Very surprised as $179 !! Got to be some kind of design weakness given the number of similar issues. Lucky my wife kept the receipt including a photocopy of same in case it self destructed (faded) Should be able to take it to Pope directly for a refund if a receipt can't be found. They should analyse the returned item forensically and re-engineer it last at least 5 years before any failures start to occur.

Purchased in August 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $179.00.

Nicole
Nicoleasked

My hose won’t come out more than 3 meters and the guide thingy is stuck and won’t move sideways. Any suggestions please? Also how long is the warranty please.

Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.asked

My Pope retractable hose has the following issue. Water won’t flow through the hose. I have tried several things. Finally I detached the hose from the tap then attached the end of the hose to the tap. This resulted in proper flow through the hose, but when everything was put back the correct way there was no flow again. This is a most vexing problem. Could you please explain what is causing the problem and explain how I can fix it. I’m a tad annoyed as the unit is only recently out of warranty. Regards - Stephanie.

Luke

To be honest I wouldn’t cop it! Ring Pope or I would take it back! It’s 2 year warranty?

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for your question. Can you please call our Customer Service team on 1300 134 880 as they may be able to help you with this issue?

Regards,
The Pope Team

Annie
Annieasked

I have a 30 metre Pope hose bought for Christmas. It won’t pull out past about 1 metre. How can I fix this problem?

Luke

Take it back and exchange it or get a refund, they have a warranty

See all Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel questions

Get an answer from our members and Pope representatives

CategoryGarden Hoses