Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel

Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel

See the Best Garden Hoses in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Pope

Brian
BrianSouthwest, VIC

Poor water pressure fixed

Had poor water pressure for months. Customer service said check for kinks but found none. One HOT day i pulled the hose right out and filled wih water. Now fantastic.

Satisfactory

If you treat this product gently (no tugging and pulling) it performs well. Once I worked this out I had no more problems. Am going to replace hose nozzle though with better quality one as my water pressure keeps causing it to come off.

Purchased in March 2019 for $79.00.

Other Garden Hoses

Gweneth Scott.
Gweneth Scott.Pascoe Vale

Water pressure

Love the concept, but have trouble with water pressure , have hose completely out thinking that maybe the issue but still poor, also unable to use a sprinkler successfully is that because it has water saving components ?

Purchased in December 2019 for $124.00.

Julianne
JulianneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Flow Restrictor

Only just brought ours recently, but flow of water seems restricted... compared to our normal hose to our sprinkler - the pressure was heaps better than the flow from this hose ... not sure if these have flow restrictors in them..

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $187.00.

Garden Hoses

Find out how Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel compares to other Garden Hoses

John
JohnSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good product but mounting bracket is a problem

I have just installed a Pope auto wind hose reel and generally speaking it seems to be a good product.

My only complaint (and why I did give a 5 star rating) is that the mounting holes on the bracket are at a poorly selected distance from each other. The distance between the top holes and the bottom holes is almost the width of 2 bricks and a mortar joint and as such I did NOT use the included rawl plugs and bolts as I was concerned that the necedssary 12mm holes would be so close to the edge of the bricks that tightening the bolts would crack the bricks. I used 6mm brick bolts instead.
I would have thought that Pope would have thought of this when designing where the mounting holes are located.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $119.00.

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy CustomerSydney, NSW

This new improved rewind system has really fixed my issues with the old model.

Purchased the old model which I had replaced at Bunnings with another type after finding it very hard lock in position and then rewind. Have just replaced that with the new improved system and can't fault it.
Well done Pope you have got it right this time.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $179.00.

Bartos
BartosAuckland

Tug hard

I've bought 2 Pope retractable hose reels 2 years ago. Thy were straight-forward to set up and connect. The hose tends to want to retract unless given a firm tug to trigger the locking mechanism. Also, the hose mostly retracts well but often the last metre will not retract. Recently one hose stopped working altogether until I removed the valve in the hose attachment.
Overall I have found this to be a good reliable hose once the pressure valve is removed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Ben H.Pope

Glad I bought two of these

Wouldn't lock easily at first but now it's sweet. My main complaint is that it came fitted with back flow valves in the hose connectors which radically reduced water pressure flowing out of sprinkler fittings attached to the hose. I changed the hose adapters and it's all beautiful now. Thes have made a difference to our gardening and we would absolutely recommend them

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Ben H.Pope

Hi Barry, Thank you for your valued feedback. Glad to hear that you love our products and that you recommend them to others!
Regards,
The Pope Team

Other Garden Hoses

Nicole
Nicoleasked

My hose won’t come out more than 3 meters and the guide thingy is stuck and won’t move sideways. Any suggestions please? Also how long is the warranty please.

Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.asked

My Pope retractable hose has the following issue. Water won’t flow through the hose. I have tried several things. Finally I detached the hose from the tap then attached the end of the hose to the tap. This resulted in proper flow through the hose, but when everything was put back the correct way there was no flow again. This is a most vexing problem. Could you please explain what is causing the problem and explain how I can fix it. I’m a tad annoyed as the unit is only recently out of warranty. Regards - Stephanie.

Luke

To be honest I wouldn’t cop it! Ring Pope or I would take it back! It’s 2 year warranty?

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for your question. Can you please call our Customer Service team on 1300 134 880 as they may be able to help you with this issue?

Regards,
The Pope Team

Annie
Annieasked

I have a 30 metre Pope hose bought for Christmas. It won’t pull out past about 1 metre. How can I fix this problem?

Luke

Take it back and exchange it or get a refund, they have a warranty

See all Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel questions

Get an answer from our members and Pope representatives

CategoryGarden Hoses