Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel

Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel

See the Best Garden Hoses in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Pope

Xavier70
Xavier70Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Wow! What a great addition to the garden!

After using all sorts of hangers I got one of these from Bunnings. At first I was tugging too hard, but I called Hidey from Pope service and she told me to tug gently. Works a treat! Thanks Pope.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $129.00.

Paul White
Paul WhiteWestern District, VIC

Love Love Love

Thank-You and congratulations to Heidi from Pope. I did have a faulty rewind mechanism and she was only to happy to help replaced the whole outfit. A long time since i have experinced customer service like this.
Happy Happy

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $189.00.

Keith Tarragindi
Keith TarragindiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Difficult to Use

The 20m Pope retractable hose reel we have installed gives good water flow however the negatives far outweigh the positives the hose is difficult for me (and even more so for my wife) to pull out from the reel, the locking mechanism often does not work unless you give it a sharp pull, and when retracting the hose easily kinks. This is a low quality product and there are better brands available on-line.

Purchased in September 2018.

Peter Bell
Peter BellSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Will not fully retract - a poor product

I bought the Pope 30 metre hose reel from Bunnings. It will not fully retract, I have given up with it and leave it unretracted. Yes I have followed the instructions! Not good at all.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $179.00.

shaun austin
shaun austinSydney, NSW

Keep your receipt

I have bought 4 of the 20m retractable hose reels over the last few years. One of the reels was bothersome in regard to quickly retracting as it took about 5 to 10 pulls to make the hose rewind into the case. Reel was between 2 years old. I Called Pope, explained the situation and was directed to take it back to the store for a replacement which I did successfully. The new reel is perfect just like the others.
Good service from Pope, thanks.

Purchased in March 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $130.00.

Shaz26
Shaz26Sydney, NSW

Great product

An excellent product. The hose still unwinds and rewinds with ease after over four years. I use this hose for everything, watering the garden, washing the cars, washing the dogs etc. Would highly recommend this product, it's great value for money.

Purchased in November 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for $179.00.

link
linkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Broken parts....

I’ve had it awhile but it’s broken the part that moves from side to side as it rewinds so it bunches up in one side or tangled up requiring you to pull the hose out and retract is again.
So it’s close to useless.
That part is flimsy plastic and not fit for purpose IMO.
I can’t get the part so it will get replaced wit another brand.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
The Pope TeamPope

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Tony D
Tony Dadelaide

trouble winding in and out

I have had 2 X 30m hose reels with the same problem, after a while the rubber band that operates the lateral hose guide stretches which means that the hose gets cross-wound on itself making it almost impossible to pull it of the reel which is very annoying, apart from that it is not a bad unit, just spend a few more cents on a quality rubber band not the rubbish you use now.( free advice )

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Paula
PaulaRedland City

Hose not locking

I purchased 2 Pope 30m auto wind hose reels in January 2015. One has worked quite well until the last couple of months - will only lock sometimes now. The other hasn't really locked since I bought it unless it is pulled out to almost the end. It has now become a tug-of-war to pull out as all the hose wants to do is retract. Is there any way of addressing this problem?

Date PurchasedJan 2015

HeinzMelbourne

Good product

Well priced.
As described.
Replaced a broken one after 10 years of use.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Ben H.Pope

Hi Heinz, Thank you for your feedback. Great to hear we have a happy Pope customer!
Regards,
The Pope Team

You are welcome.

fingron
fingronnsw

Good concept let down by poor manual & chinese screws

It all looked good on paper until you start to mount on a brick wall. Locating pins not explained re which end inserts into wall plugs & 10mm screw heads so cheap they became rounded (not hexagonal) even using a good socket .
eventually used an american screw driver (ie a 10mm drift & a big hammer in order to fix the bracket to the wall.
Then the hose fitting dripped water onto my electric drill while I made a cup of tea to calm down. Not happy Pope.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

It doesn't work anymore

I cannot pull it out anymore. I haven't been able to water the garden for the last three months.
I went back to Bunnings to see if there was a service available to repair my Pope auto wind hose reel, and was told. NO.
I think I will have to smash the case to get the hose out.

Tony PMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Careful what you get

I bought one of these hose reels a couple of years ago and it was great. I have since moved house and bought another on the strength of my experience with the previous one and it leaks at both ends.

Tony P

I've since bought a hose reel from Hoselink and found it to be awesome. No leaks ever and really solid connections. We liked it so much we bought another.

optimalady
optimaladyNorthern Region, NSW

Perfect!

I bought one of these at least 4 years ago, have moved it from one house to another and it is absolutely perfect. I am looking to buy another one and am very surprised at the negative comments. I can only say I cannot fault it.

Kati
Katiasked

Just bought a pope retractable hose reel, attached it to the wall and realised that the connection hose is too short, does not reach the tap. My old garden hose is different diameter. Where can I get a 1 meter piece same type of hose?

Nicole
Nicoleasked

My hose won’t come out more than 3 meters and the guide thingy is stuck and won’t move sideways. Any suggestions please? Also how long is the warranty please.

Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.asked

My Pope retractable hose has the following issue. Water won’t flow through the hose. I have tried several things. Finally I detached the hose from the tap then attached the end of the hose to the tap. This resulted in proper flow through the hose, but when everything was put back the correct way there was no flow again. This is a most vexing problem. Could you please explain what is causing the problem and explain how I can fix it. I’m a tad annoyed as the unit is only recently out of warranty. Regards - Stephanie.

Luke
Luke

To be honest I wouldn’t cop it! Ring Pope or I would take it back! It’s 2 year warranty?

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for your question. Can you please call our Customer Service team on 1300 134 880 as they may be able to help you with this issue?

Regards,
The Pope Team

See all Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel questions

Get an answer from our members and Pope representatives

CategoryGarden Hoses