Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel

Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel

See the Best Garden Hoses in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Pope

Brian
BrianSouthwest, VIC

Poor water pressure fixed

Had poor water pressure for months. Customer service said check for kinks but found none. One HOT day i pulled the hose right out and filled wih water. Now fantastic.

Satisfactory

If you treat this product gently (no tugging and pulling) it performs well. Once I worked this out I had no more problems. Am going to replace hose nozzle though with better quality one as my water pressure keeps causing it to come off.

Purchased in March 2019 for $79.

Xavier70
Xavier70Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Wow! What a great addition to the garden!

After using all sorts of hangers I got one of these from Bunnings. At first I was tugging too hard, but I called Hidey from Pope service and she told me to tug gently. Works a treat! Thanks Pope.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $129.

Paul White
Paul WhiteWestern District, VIC

Love Love Love

Thank-You and congratulations to Heidi from Pope. I did have a faulty rewind mechanism and she was only to happy to help replaced the whole outfit. A long time since i have experinced customer service like this.
Happy Happy

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $189.

Gweneth Scott.
Gweneth Scott.Pascoe Vale

Water pressure

Love the concept, but have trouble with water pressure , have hose completely out thinking that maybe the issue but still poor, also unable to use a sprinkler successfully is that because it has water saving components ?

Purchased in December 2019 for $124.

Russell
RussellGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Should last longer than that

Only 3 years old unit leaks internally and I am told it is not fixable.no docket so no warranty, will not look at this brand in future.
Retraction works, hose is in excellent condition,all seems a waste

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $189.

Julianne
JulianneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Flow Restrictor

Only just brought ours recently, but flow of water seems restricted... compared to our normal hose to our sprinkler - the pressure was heaps better than the flow from this hose ... not sure if these have flow restrictors in them..

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $187.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
John
JohnSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good product but mounting bracket is a problem

I have just installed a Pope auto wind hose reel and generally speaking it seems to be a good product.

My only complaint (and why I did give a 5 star rating) is that the mounting holes on the bracket are at a poorly selected distance from each other. The distance between the top holes and the bottom holes is almost the width of 2 bricks and a mortar joint and as such I did NOT use the included rawl plugs and bolts as I was concerned that the necedssary 12mm holes would be so close to the edge of the bricks that tightening the bolts would crack the bricks. I used 6mm brick bolts instead.
I would have thought that Pope would have thought of this when designing where the mounting holes are located.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $119.

shaun austin
shaun austinSydney, NSW

Keep your receipt

I have bought 4 of the 20m retractable hose reels over the last few years. One of the reels was bothersome in regard to quickly retracting as it took about 5 to 10 pulls to make the hose rewind into the case. Reel was between 2 years old. I Called Pope, explained the situation and was directed to take it back to the store for a replacement which I did successfully. The new reel is perfect just like the others.
Good service from Pope, thanks.

Purchased in March 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $130.

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy CustomerSydney, NSW

This new improved rewind system has really fixed my issues with the old model.

Purchased the old model which I had replaced at Bunnings with another type after finding it very hard lock in position and then rewind. Have just replaced that with the new improved system and can't fault it.
Well done Pope you have got it right this time.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $179.

The Pope TeamPope

good reel if used correctly.

had 30m reel for about 2yrs. the grandies (1 of them) has let the hose go and it has broken the small cog inside the unit not allow the spindle to retract the hose. like most people, I have lost my receipt so no return or exchange. Email Pope and no they don't have the spare parts, which is annoying. how do you get tension back on the reel. Any ideas.
Cheers,
Gezza

Purchased in October 2017.

Thanks.

Shaz26
Shaz26Sydney, NSW

Great product

An excellent product. The hose still unwinds and rewinds with ease after over four years. I use this hose for everything, watering the garden, washing the cars, washing the dogs etc. Would highly recommend this product, it's great value for money.

Purchased in November 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for $179.

Bartos
BartosAuckland

Tug hard

I've bought 2 Pope retractable hose reels 2 years ago. Thy were straight-forward to set up and connect. The hose tends to want to retract unless given a firm tug to trigger the locking mechanism. Also, the hose mostly retracts well but often the last metre will not retract. Recently one hose stopped working altogether until I removed the valve in the hose attachment.
Overall I have found this to be a good reliable hose once the pressure valve is removed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Conni
ConniBrisbane

Disappointed

I purchased this 30 metre hose with auto wind hose reel just three and a half years ago. It has always been very difficult to get the hose to stay out when extended. In the last few months, the wind mechanism has failed, so it will no longer fully retract. We are left with many metres of hose hanging out now - a considerable safety hazard as it is installed next to our main entry/exit pathway to our house and the hose now sits on the steps we are going up and down every day, so we have to step carefully to avoid it. Very disappointing for such an expensive item.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Ben H.Pope

Glad I bought two of these

Wouldn't lock easily at first but now it's sweet. My main complaint is that it came fitted with back flow valves in the hose connectors which radically reduced water pressure flowing out of sprinkler fittings attached to the hose. I changed the hose adapters and it's all beautiful now. Thes have made a difference to our gardening and we would absolutely recommend them

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Ben H.Pope

Hi Barry, Thank you for your valued feedback. Glad to hear that you love our products and that you recommend them to others!
Regards,
The Pope Team

Kati
Katiasked

Just bought a pope retractable hose reel, attached it to the wall and realised that the connection hose is too short, does not reach the tap. My old garden hose is different diameter. Where can I get a 1 meter piece same type of hose?

Nicole
Nicoleasked

My hose won’t come out more than 3 meters and the guide thingy is stuck and won’t move sideways. Any suggestions please? Also how long is the warranty please.

Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.asked

My Pope retractable hose has the following issue. Water won’t flow through the hose. I have tried several things. Finally I detached the hose from the tap then attached the end of the hose to the tap. This resulted in proper flow through the hose, but when everything was put back the correct way there was no flow again. This is a most vexing problem. Could you please explain what is causing the problem and explain how I can fix it. I’m a tad annoyed as the unit is only recently out of warranty. Regards - Stephanie.

Luke
Luke

To be honest I wouldn’t cop it! Ring Pope or I would take it back! It’s 2 year warranty?

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for your question. Can you please call our Customer Service team on 1300 134 880 as they may be able to help you with this issue?

Regards,
The Pope Team

See all Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel questions

Get an answer from our members and Pope representatives

CategoryGarden Hoses