Pope True Blue

Pope True Blue (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Garden Hoses in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Pope

1.2
MTLaunceston, TAS

Pope True Blue

I think the blue refers to the language one uses everytime one has to un-kink this so-called kink proof hose.
Every time I use it it kinks in the same four places which means that over an hour's watering I grapple with it dozens of times.
I am amazed no has taken the company to court over what is basically a fraud

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Pope
Ben H.Pope
MT

Pope has subsequently replaced this disaster with another, this time from its Billabong range - a completely different product: -no kinks and no problems! Thank you

A terrible product.

The worst hose I've ever bought. Left it on all day and the pressure blew holes in the plastic in about 6 different places, with water squirting everywhere. Pope have an eight year warranty on the hose - this should be against the law. An absolutely appalling product, Bunnings should recall them all - but unfortunately they were still selling them when I returned mine.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Samuel
SamuelAdelaide

Do not buy this product

Waste of money! Spent more time unkinking the hose then actually watering my garden
Do not waste your time or money on this product!!
Whatever testing condition they put the hose under to come with a 4 kink resistant rating was not a realaistic test
I cant say how much of a waste of money this product is
Will not be buying from pope again as they clearly cant be trusted to produce high quality products

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Kairo
KairoMelbourne

Absolutely Pathetic Hose

Really love it how you walk into Bunnings, ask specifically for a hose that doesn't kink and the sales person points you at this product. I've got a feeling that most people buying hoses won't check review sites before making a purchase but if you're reading this, don't buy this hose. It will kink more than any hose you've ever used before. Pathetic, cheaply made hose, which for the price sucked me right in. See ya later pope, lost a customer here.

Rom
RomSydney, NSW

Another contributor to the false economy and false advertising

woodunn
woodunnSouthern and Hills, SA

Keeps splitting

Thought I would finally buy a brand name hose instead of the generic cheap 18m that finally gave up after 7 years of use.
During the first summer it started to bulge in several places and eventually split not far from the fitting. Cut it and replaced the fitting and within a couple of months more bulges and more splits. This hose spent the first year under the veranda away from direct sunlight unless it was being used.
I do not recommend this hose.

Dixon
DixonSydney, NSW

True Blue product is flawed.

diall
diall

Daylight robbery - agree with all the other comments

PQuosk
PQuoskmelbourne

Absolute Rubbish

Yes leave it out in sun and it won't kink. Huh it was full of kinks. It leaked from tap fittings. After a while it actually leaks from the hose and in more than one place. Unfortunately Bunnings receipts fade and I should have photocopied it. Leave hose in the shop. $5 cheapy would be better value.

Rubbish

Kinks all the time. I think I'll put it on the front tap so it is closer to the garbage bin. And buy a better one.

tjenkins_au
tjenkins_auSydney, NSW

It is cheap - and nasty

The Pope True Blue hose is very pretty but not very good. It is the last hose I have bought (about a year ago) and the first one to burst. I have three other hoses which are still going after three or more years. I don't believe they were anything special either. Pope used to mean reliability.

Pam Bettison
Pam BettisonAdelaide

Pope True Blue General Purpose Garden Hose

I bought the same hose seeing Kink Resistance. It actually said Kink Resistance 4. I can not imagine what a hose with Kink Resistance 1, 2, or 3 would perform like. My 15 m hose had about 8 kinks in it from the very first time I used it.

Indigothecat
IndigothecatAU

Terrible holes one first use. :(

This pope true blue was meant to be able to "withstand high water pressue" and kink resistance No.4, what ever that may mean it kinks worst than the cheaper pope products I have used before. It split on the first use. I ran water throught it stopped then joined on the spray attachment opened up fully (straight through type not a trigger one) and the hose blew out immediately. hose was laid out straight with no kinks.

WHo writes the promo for these products??
It was a pretty blue colour, should have been a warning sign.
It failed/split on the first use.

JGLS
JGLSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible, Holes after one year!

Don't buy it. While it's a very pretty blue, and supposed to be made for strength and pressure, i spent a fair bit on it, cos i needed length, supposed not kink much - kinked a lot - and the HOLES, after ONLY ONE YEAR! My God I am appalled and so disgusted. Never again.
Length