Pope True Blue

Pope True Blue (page 2 of 2)

Samuel

SamuelAdelaide

Do not buy this product

Waste of money! Spent more time unkinking the hose then actually watering my garden
Do not waste your time or money on this product!!
Whatever testing condition they put the hose under to come with a 4 kink resistant rating was not a realaistic test
I cant say how much of a waste of money this product is
Will not be buying from pope again as they clearly cant be trusted to produce high quality products

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Kairo

KairoMelbourne

Absolutely Pathetic Hose

Really love it how you walk into Bunnings, ask specifically for a hose that doesn't kink and the sales person points you at this product. I've got a feeling that most people buying hoses won't check review sites before making a purchase but if you're reading this, don't buy this hose. It will kink more than any hose you've ever used before. Pathetic, cheaply made hose, which for the price sucked me right in. See ya later pope, lost a customer here.

Another contributor to the false economy and false advertising

woodunn

woodunnHahndorf

Keeps splitting

Thought I would finally buy a brand name hose instead of the generic cheap 18m that finally gave up after 7 years of use.
During the first summer it started to bulge in several places and eventually split not far from the fitting. Cut it and replaced the fitting and within a couple of months more bulges and more splits. This hose spent the first year under the veranda away from direct sunlight unless it was being used.
I do not recommend this hose.

True Blue product is flawed.

diall

diall

Daylight robbery - agree with all the other comments

PQuosk

PQuoskmelbourne

Absolute Rubbish

Yes leave it out in sun and it won't kink. Huh it was full of kinks. It leaked from tap fittings. After a while it actually leaks from the hose and in more than one place. Unfortunately Bunnings receipts fade and I should have photocopied it. Leave hose in the shop. $5 cheapy would be better value.

Rubbish

Kinks all the time. I think I'll put it on the front tap so it is closer to the garbage bin. And buy a better one.

tjenkins_au

tjenkins_auSydney, NSW

It is cheap - and nasty

The Pope True Blue hose is very pretty but not very good. It is the last hose I have bought (about a year ago) and the first one to burst. I have three other hoses which are still going after three or more years. I don't believe they were anything special either. Pope used to mean reliability.

Pam Bettison

Pam BettisonAdelaide

Pope True Blue General Purpose Garden Hose

I bought the same hose seeing Kink Resistance. It actually said Kink Resistance 4. I can not imagine what a hose with Kink Resistance 1, 2, or 3 would perform like. My 15 m hose had about 8 kinks in it from the very first time I used it.

Indigothecat

IndigothecatAU

Terrible holes one first use. :(

This pope true blue was meant to be able to "withstand high water pressue" and kink resistance No.4, what ever that may mean it kinks worst than the cheaper pope products I have used before. It split on the first use. I ran water throught it stopped then joined on the spray attachment opened up fully (straight through type not a trigger one) and the hose blew out immediately. hose was laid out straight with no kinks.

WHo writes the promo for these products??
It was a pretty blue colour, should have been a warning sign.
It failed/split on the first use.

JGLS

JGLSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible, Holes after one year!

Don't buy it. While it's a very pretty blue, and supposed to be made for strength and pressure, i spent a fair bit on it, cos i needed length, supposed not kink much - kinked a lot - and the HOLES, after ONLY ONE YEAR! My God I am appalled and so disgusted. Never again.
Length
Kinked and holes

BMasked

One day people will wake up and find Bunnings sells absolute rubbish. Any company that sinks their whole business in Bunnings is set for doom as Bunnings is getting a bad name for inferior quality. I was trying to purchase a Pope Hand Held Brass Gun Product number 1010779, and although Pope say I can get it from Bunnings, no store has it. Plastic crap in the garden does NOT work well in a subtropical or tropical area. It has to be brass.
If I don't locate this particular one or can purchase it direct from Pope, I will send overseas for a decent one in Brass. I am just about done with Bunnings rubbish. Buying a water pipe from them had it split when we went away, but fortunately out neighbour two doors down had a visit from his son and he saw the water aiming skyward and jumped the 6 ft fence and shut down the system. As we were going away for 2 weeks, our Well would have been emptied by the time we returned.
So if anyone or a Pope rep can send me one, good for you, count me in.

Pope
Vivienne S.Pope

Hi BM,

Thank you for your question. Where in Australia are you living? I've just checked my local Bunnings here in Adelaide and the Brass Gun is available there: https://bit.ly/2syfQtD

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Regards,
The Pope Team

BM

Thank you, I live in Bundaberg Qld. I tried most of all Qld from Brisbane northward, without success. I can try Adelaide Bunnings but not going to hold my breath as they don't sell to those Interstate. Been there and done that with a bench seat I wanted in Melbourne and Bundaberg Bunnings would NOT transfer it to here.
FAIL...just said "This item is not available from this store for online purchasing".
Bunnings are a waste of time and space!

Pope
Vivienne S.Pope

Hi BM,

Thank you for getting back to me. I've checked the Bunnings in Bundaberg and it is available there for Click and Collect. I wonder if you phone them and ask if they still have it in stock? Their number is (07) 4130 8000. Also, the details of this item are below, which I got straight from the Bunnings website Bundaberg, should you need to reference them:

Pope Brass Gun I/N: 3130681
$29.99
Find in-store Bundaberg
In stock
Click & Collect
Order by 4pm to collect after 9am tomorrow from a store near you

Best of luck,
The Pope Team

Get an answer from our members and Pope representatives