Pope True Blue

Pope True Blue

See the Best Garden Hoses in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Pope

1.2
Dave
Dave

Mister Stinky

This was bought as a general purpose watering hose, and I think I paid about $20 or so at the great 'Barn'. The chemical smell was intolerable. Before watering plants, I would have to flush the line onto the ground for a minute, and then that area would stink.

it was given about nine months to abate, but it really never improved. Since there was no way I'd use it near anything that might become food, that spelled the end for it. I ended up giving it away on a freebie website, with the suggestion it only be used to hose down cars or children.

Kinking was pretty rotten in my opinion.

Swiggo
Swiggo

Kinky mess

I purchased my Pope True Blue from Bunnings, spending a little more on a product expecting the hose to be of a higher standard. This hose is by far the worst hose i have ever bought. The hose has a massive problem with kinking regardless of how much care you put into property storing the hose when not in use. I recommend this product be recalled.

Other Garden Hoses

Keep your receipts for the inevitable return

I have bought a number of Pope Blue hoses, both 15 metre and 30 metre, over the years. They last about 2 to 4 years before splitting. The hoses seem to fail with fine, then course, holes. And on two occasions I have noticed what appears to be delamination of the hose walls. I am not out of pocket because I have always kept my receipts stapled to the guarantee portion of the product label. Bunnings have always been happy to replace the hoses with same or similar products. I assume Pope covers the refund, and relies upon purchasers not bothering, or not having retained proof of purchase. There is clearly a defective product which should be taken out of production.

Purchased in November 2015 at Bunnings at Marion SA for $19.00.

Problems with kinking

The hose in a reel and kinks continuously on rewind and bring out. The hose also flattens when not under pressure making kinking worse. Exactly the opposite of the advertising.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Anthony
AnthonySouth East Queensland, QLD

True Blue Rubbish

Bought 2 of these from Bunnings warehouse. I thought being on the dearer side they would at least last for a while.

The non break fitting broke off the first hose within a couple of months.

The second hose split open while using it with a trigger nozzle for the 3rd time today. I had to cut the fitted end off it to be able to use it. It keeps getting shorter every time I use it now.

I kept the backing card but with no receipt Bunnings won't accept the return for warranty.

There should be a recall on these. Very un-Australian to call a dodgy product "True blue"

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

AndysFarm
AndysFarmHobart, TAS

Made to Kink

Despite this as advertised as having a low kink rating, no matter how careful I am, this hose tries its best to kink, and once kinked it is impossible to remove. I feel this is a poorly made hose and a waste of money. Do yourself a favour and spend some more dollars on a premium Gardenia hose.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Jeremy Parsons
Jeremy ParsonsSouth East Queensland, QLD

I doubt there are worse hoses out there!

We bought two of these hoses from Bunning two weeks ago. They are absolute rubbish. Both have splits occurring in the outer casing and they are frustrating to use as they perpetually kink as you try to use them. We'll see what happens when we try to return them.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $37.00.

stan
stanPerth, WA

This is rubbish and I can certainly live without it

I think the 8 years warranty actually means we don't expect it to last 8 years. Kinks without any effort on my part and splits regularly. I would love to find my receipt and return it to Bunnings for a refund but unfortunately it has disappeared. I think Pope should re-evaluate their testing procedures and improve them. All i can say is " what a load of rubbish" The earth's resources should not be wasted making these inferior products. One star is too good for this product

Purchased in November 2016 at bunnings.

Donna
DonnaSydney, NSW

NEVER buy this product

Purchased 2 about 6 months ago. Multiple leaks n splits in both. They perish in the sun. I don't know where you get an 8 year guarantee from. They don't even last 8 months.

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Latrina Tovas

Is this a hose, or a does it smell like toes?

This product is a disgrace. As soon as I opened it, the smell hit me. Ants came crawling out, and possum poo stuck to the insides. Even after two weeks I haven't gotten rid of the smell! Went straight in the bin and I paid $80 for it!! The worst purchase I have ever made. I am a mother of 3 and I would never recommend this product if my life depended on it.

Purchased in February 2019 at Weight Losers for $80.00.

Latrina Tovas

I'm sorry I don't remember clicking Weight Losers, I did get it from bunnings and they did charge me $80.

Sam
SamPerth

More Kinks than Water

I purchased this 4 out of 10 kink rated hose, which had a primium price, because my old hose kinked. I used this hose twice, and it kinked at several locations each time. It was intolerable. I took it back to Bunnings and got my old hose out of the bin.

This was the worst hose I have ever used. As I explained to the return counter; it embarrasses me to return an item, but it should embarrass Bunnings more, having sold such an inferior product.

I asked the lady at returns to convey my concerns to Management (hope she did !).

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Rick
RickWodonga

Kinks and stinks

Payed a bit more for a hose that supposedly doesn't kink easily. Yep, I got sucked in by the spiel on the packaging. The worst hose for kinking i have ever used, as others have written, leaving it out in the sun does nothing to improve it. Also very disturbing is the smell emitted from the hose, I am not game to drink out of it and i even fill the dogs water from another source.
Wish I had my receipt as it would be going back to Bunnings if I did.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

None
None

This hose kinks and is toxic

The kink rating on this hose is totally misleading as it kinks ever minute and it produces the most terrrible chemical smell and taste and I cant help but think I am poisoning everything when i use it. I am reluctant to use ot to fill up my ponds. I have never experienced such a horrendous smell that just wont go away. So the the per performance regarding kinking and the toxic smell make me want to return this hose to bunnings.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Lisa Y
Lisa YSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible hose links everywhere

I agree I spent extra hoping I was buying a good quality hose it kinks everywhere. I will be taking this one back to Bunnings. Really not good quality. Very disappointed I thought I was buying a good brand but I was wrong. Would not recommend this product to anyone.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Dont buy Pope
Dont buy Pope

Rubbish

complete waste of money. Cannot roll this hose up without it twisting into a complete mess, every time, guaranteed !, and no leaving it in the sun doesnt help and neither does giving it a tirade of expletives while my blood pressure goes through the roof.
As for the kink rating, the marketers must have quite a laugh, when we part with extra cash in the hope of purchasing a superior product, what a joke!
PS. dont go near there hose reels either, purchased five for two new houses, they have had minimal use and roughly 2 out of 5 are still functioning correctly, but maybe in todays climate of shops full of cheap junk that's considered acceptable.

Date PurchasedSept 2015

BMasked

One day people will wake up and find Bunnings sells absolute rubbish. Any company that sinks their whole business in Bunnings is set for doom as Bunnings is getting a bad name for inferior quality. I was trying to purchase a Pope Hand Held Brass Gun Product number 1010779, and although Pope say I can get it from Bunnings, no store has it. Plastic crap in the garden does NOT work well in a subtropical or tropical area. It has to be brass.
If I don't locate this particular one or can purchase it direct from Pope, I will send overseas for a decent one in Brass. I am just about done with Bunnings rubbish. Buying a water pipe from them had it split when we went away, but fortunately out neighbour two doors down had a visit from his son and he saw the water aiming skyward and jumped the 6 ft fence and shut down the system. As we were going away for 2 weeks, our Well would have been emptied by the time we returned.
So if anyone or a Pope rep can send me one, good for you, count me in.

Hi BM,

Thank you for your question. Where in Australia are you living? I've just checked my local Bunnings here in Adelaide and the Brass Gun is available there: https://bit.ly/2syfQtD

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Regards,
The Pope Team

BM

Thank you, I live in Bundaberg Qld. I tried most of all Qld from Brisbane northward, without success. I can try Adelaide Bunnings but not going to hold my breath as they don't sell to those Interstate. Been there and done that with a bench seat I wanted in Melbourne and Bundaberg Bunnings would NOT transfer it to here.
FAIL...just said "This item is not available from this store for online purchasing".
Bunnings are a waste of time and space!

Hi BM,

Thank you for getting back to me. I've checked the Bunnings in Bundaberg and it is available there for Click and Collect. I wonder if you phone them and ask if they still have it in stock? Their number is (07) 4130 8000. Also, the details of this item are below, which I got straight from the Bunnings website Bundaberg, should you need to reference them:

Pope Brass Gun I/N: 3130681
$29.99
Find in-store Bundaberg
In stock
Click & Collect
Order by 4pm to collect after 9am tomorrow from a store near you

Best of luck,
The Pope Team

Get an answer from our members and Pope representatives