• Build Stage
  • Flooring

Nick
NickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy, fast and efficient

I'm a first home buyer and I can't fault what I've experienced with Porter Davis so far. I am heading into the construction phase now and everything I've experienced to date with my building coordinator throughout the pre-site stage has been super easy, smooth and a quick process. The communication has been very prompt and helpful and they managed to fit my construction start-date earlier as my land titled much sooner than expected. I've heard some horror stories with other builders and I can't say I've had any issues so far with PD in these early phases, barring a couple of minor hiccups with my estate. From what I've experienced so far - highly recommend.

Great Experience with our Building Coordinator

We are building our new house with Porter Davis and had a poor experience at the contract stage. [Name Removed] who is our Building coordinator have done everything to turn that experience around. She is exceptionally kind, courteous, transparent and always kept us informed. She answered all our questions in time and made sure that we are always in the loop. Hoping from here on-construction journey goes smoothly as well.
Building Coordinator’s Name: [Name Removed]
Contract/Job Number:

PaulGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't put yourself through it!

PD were very happy to take our $2,000 deposit - that's when the problems started.

There was zero communication and we were left with no option but to cancel our build and source another builder!

The concierge team are uncontactable and when we were able to contact anyone they simply lied, all the way through to National Sales Manager level!

I wish I'd read the hundreds of genuine negative reviews on facebook groups and review sites!

prakm023
prakm023Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pre site stage - good so far

We entered construction stage last week. The building coordinator has been good to us. She provided timely updates and responded to our emails promptly. Just before entering the site start, she provided us with a comprehensive checklist of items that need to be completed which was very useful. We had a fairly good experience so far. I would recommend Porter Davis based on that. I also hope that the construction stages go smooth as well - fingers crossed!!

Hi prakm023,
Thanks for the review. It's great to hear of the positive impact your building coordinator had during your pre-site building journey. We wish you all the best during your construction period. Thank you again.
Regards, Porter Davis

Get quotes from Home Builders servicing your area

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

Manasa
ManasaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Building our first home with PD and had Great Experience

We are very excited to commence our first new home with Porter Davis. We are grateful to have Porter Davis Building Coordinator and Customer Service, Manager to help and assist with getting all developer/building permit approval and last-minute Post Contrat Variations.

We would like to thank Porter Davis for assigning us knowledgeable consultants and overall we had a great experience.

Tips for Choosing a Home Builder

Wendy Z.14 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-home-builder

Making ProductReview.com.au's home builder reviews work for you

Nathan S.14 Feb 2020
making-productreviewcomau-work-for-you

The best home builders in 2020

Nathan S.7 Nov 2019
the-best-home-builders-in-2020
Raj Patel
Raj Patel

So far good

So far good. It could have been better knowing I’m dealing with big brand Porter Davis. Honestly my experience for Pre-site so far is being roller coaster, started very good and smooth with sales, tender, WOS and Contract. After that they took over 3 months to provide us final drawing, it was so stressful noting our final drawing came with few structure mismatches which we never agreed and signed in our contract drawing. I’m glad they all rectified promptly after escalation and we are on construction stage. I am hoping very positive outcome from going forward during our build process.

Prince J S Lakshman
Prince J S LakshmanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Customer Service, Quality Builders and Responsive!

The whole experience from start to finish was great. From the sales staff through to style & design team and then the skilled builder focused on honesty opinions, patience, great communication, close attention to detail and quality sub- contractors.
We were very impressed how they have built our home from initial idea and through a lot of display appointments to reality.
Overall great experience with Porter Davis and certainly will build again with them.

Structural Integrity
Plumbing & Waterproofing
Electrical & Lighting
Flooring
Construction End DateApril 2021
Rowena
RowenaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Uncooperative upper management

Front of line sales personal were fantastic however due to a design option being unavailable for 6-8 months we now will not build with them as this is too long to wait. Upper management would not budge on bringing this forward or doing a one off custom variation. Unhappy customer

DRKP
DRKPGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good experience for first home build

Pre-site stage of the build was good. Our Building Coordinator was knowledgeable and was able to fix issues that we encountered during the sales stage and the design stage (world of style). We could tell that our coordinator had a large volume of work which made communication slow at times.

Construction End DateOctober 2021

Gavin R.
Gavin R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great sales experience - but be aware of costly contracting process!

Get quotes from Home Builders servicing your area

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

Anthony.D.
Anthony.D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Experience

We recently had or WOS appt and were extremely happy with how it went, all the girls were amazing to deal with any questions/queries were no issue at all, great laid back atmosphere which is perfect when you are there 2 days in a row.
Has been a good start to our build with PD.

Hi Anthony D,
Thanks for your review. We are thrilled to hear how satisfied you are with the customer service you have received at World of Style. Good luck with the rest of your building journey.
Regards, Porter Davis

Selam And Eyasu
Selam And Eyasu Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy with the service

We have been well supported and appreciated the efforts of our building coordinator [Name Removed]. She is very helpful in many ways, as this was our first ever experience. We felt like we have been lucky to work with this team in many ways from the sale to contracting through to building start.

Thileepan T.
Thileepan T.Victoria

VERY DISAPPOINTED & TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Very disappointed. I would give 0 rating, appalling customer service. Lost my hard earned $2000 deposit. The sales consultant [Name Removed] spoke to me on the phone after three weeks saying that head office is happy to refund because they couldn’t prepare my contract on time and therefore I'm eligible for a refund but I have been trying to get my money back for the last 2 months. They want me to go ahead with new promotion which is $35,000 more which I didn't sign up for. When I when to ask for my money back I was treated with disrespect was told to "GET OUT " by the sales rep.
Becareful with making a deposit with this company, sales rep behaviour very rude and unacceptable. Mentally stressed with the situation.

Sarah T
Sarah TGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic service so far!

Our build hasn’t started yet but the process up to now has been fantastic. Our BC [Name Removed] has been absolutely amazing to deal with, constantly going the next step to ensure that we are happy and always informed.
All emails and calls are responded to in timely manner and any problems that arise are rectified to our satisfaction. We couldn’t be happier with everything thus far, can’t wait to build!

DJL