• Build Stage
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

Max
MaxMelbourne

3 years and still have water leaks.

Should have built with Simons. Porter Davis will not come and fix my leaking front veranda.
I made a complaint with an email and the response was nothing.
Don't ever build with porter davis as it will be the biggest mistake you will ever make'
They will make you want to not want to live.

Ginola
GinolaCurlewis

Porter Davis’ sub-standard building

PD cant work out why my wall makes creaking noises on windy despite, them making several visits to my home. There doesnt seem to be any solution in sight after enduring this annoying problem for 2 years now. Its a very disappointing outcome to say the least. On top of all that they are taking their time to attend resolve other way overdue issues with the house. Please go with other builders & stay clear of this builder. I has been a very stressful & disappointing experience building with this company from beginning up to now. Forewarned is forearmed.

Renee
ReneeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Stray cat in my roof, leaking shower and bad workmanship in both bathrooms…. Turn away now.

Singh

Experienced Australias Worst Customer Service from Porter Davis

Tips for Choosing a Home Builder

Wendy Z.14 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-home-builder

Making ProductReview.com.au's home builder reviews work for you

Nathan S.14 Feb 2020
making-productreviewcomau-work-for-you

The best home builders in 2020

Nathan S.7 Nov 2019
the-best-home-builders-in-2020
Nelly
NellyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Porter Davies is a disappointment!

Absolutely disgusted, we have had nothing but issues and going onto 2 years in our house and our 3 months walk through is still incomplete. We had to escalate several concerns and made several complaints as being a female I kept getting excuses and would get spoken down too. I went higher up in management and again he has been an absolute disgrace with not rectifying any of our concerns and now ignoring our emails. We are seeking advice and will take Porter Davies to court. Do not build with Porter Davies it has been the worst experience and very stressful experience. Once you have paid them they no longer want to deal with any issues that is within your home from handover! Absolute disgrace

DanielGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

What happened to Porter Davis!

Hi Daniel,
If you change your mind on providing your details, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we would be happy to assist if we can.
Regards, Porter Davis

Anna
AnnaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pain into the bone experience

We get pain into the bone experience with Porter Davis. At contract Stage, they refuse to see me but post the contract back and forth. Haven't complete the job but ask for payment. Handover but didn't send the final Invoice. Mostly unable to contact your coordinator. Experience Pain, Choose them!

PaulGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't put yourself through it!

PD were very happy to take our $2,000 deposit - that's when the problems started.

There was zero communication and we were left with no option but to cancel our build and source another builder!

The concierge team are uncontactable and when we were able to contact anyone they simply lied, all the way through to National Sales Manager level!

I wish I'd read the hundreds of genuine negative reviews on facebook groups and review sites!

Kimrithy
KimrithyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Irresponsible Builder

Get quotes from Home Builders servicing your area

Roney
RoneyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Post handover support is horrible

We build our first home with porter davis. Its only 6 month old. Post handover support is horrible. No contact from them till date. Even if we call them, they want to end the call ASAP saying do things online. Response on online portel is terrible. isuues reported 5 months ago is still waiting to be resolved. Online portal only marks the requests as either accepted or not accepted. Then there is no response. We doesn't even know who is our post hand over contact.where other builders got a good communication with customers after hand over, so called one of the best in industry scared to answer the post handover issues.

Ash
AshGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor workmanship and aftercare

Front facade ,alfresco work and painting were not finished even 9 months after handover, Broken wash basin haven’t changed and not attended. Cooling problems haven’t sorted out. Lots of other defects needs to be repaired.Asked for a home inspection for aftercare, never happened, hard to contact them for aftercare and using the home portal as a tool for neglecting the complaints.

citizen
citizenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Porter Davis's New Home Care or Dare??

GeronimoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

5 months after handover still not complete

5 months after handover of my house still not finished. I’ve trusted the Supervisor based on his promised that they will install the missing exhaust duct immediately after Christmas break that is why we’ve accepted. However, up to this date no one showed up to install. Also, our security system is useless. I’m only requesting for the password but they cannot provide up to this date. There was no proper commissioning or handover of the security system.

3753 Ellson St, Aintree
Contact: 0417 016 281

Other Home Builders

Not what it was promised

Neha
Nehaasked

Hi,
I have chosen liverpool25 plan for my new home and was still working on whether to go with ferndale facade shown on Kew 27 or kingfisher facade. The sales consultant 2 weeks back that I had talked with was not sure about the exterior colours and the bricks used and now it’s lockdown. Would please share is it white or light grey paint on the facade so I can make up my mind and be pre prepared with everything once lockdown is uplifted and waste no further time to start my build please.

Charlie
Charlie

Hi Neha, I know it is very difficult to choose facade colour. Our house is Waldorf Grange with Chateau facade. We chose the safe colur used for display house. One advice I can give is to choose new home inspection company to check before handover. The report from our report shows there are more than 80 places required to be fixed. Good luck with your new house.

Meng L.
Meng L.asked
VIC, Melbourne

Hi
which kind of the floor/wall tiles used on Plaza Grange Forest Hill display home in Melbourne?

Meng L.
Meng L.asked

Hi
which kind of tiles used in your Plaza Grange display house in Forest Hill, Vic?
thanks